Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson is just an amazing place...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 663

Clemson is just an amazing place...

Sep 2, 2004, 10:13 AM

I was up there when the students moved in two weeks ago. I rode by Bowman field in the evening-unbelievable. It was calm and relatively cool for the time of year, kind of like an early fall evening. The grass seemed to be the greenest I had ever seen, and Tillman Hall was standing brilliantly in the back ground. I have only been out of school a few years, but had forgotten how beautiful a sight that was. It truly got my heart beating a little faster, and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach. Kind of like I was on a roller coaster about to go down the first big hill. At the stadium I parked and got out of my car and just stood at the top the hill, I could feel myself get tense and the goose bumps start to creep up on me. I was there for 5-10 minutes and had an ear to ear smile the entire time. It was amazing how peaceful the valley seemed, and I tried to imagine the noise, electricity, and excitment I were going to hear and feel this weekend. Thus far, the years I spent in Clemson are by far the best I have ever had. I made the best friends I will have in my life there, and met people in the community that have changed my life. I am sure that most of you, are much like me, and cherish the occasions on which you get to go back that magical place. Everything up there has a memory, a few bad, but most good. I can sit on the bench in front of Sirrene and remember a joke someone told, or go by Tillman and remember how over whelmed and excited I felt the first time I walked onto Clemson's campus as freshman. It is amazing that it is the little things about that place that bring me the most joy. I cannot thank Clemson enough for the person it helped shape me into. Aside from my family, it has had the most profound effect on my life. Can't wait to go back this weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the goose bumps.***

Sep 2, 2004, 10:21 AM

Re: Clemson is just an amazing place...

Sep 2, 2004, 10:27 AM

Hopefully Saturday will be the begining of something incredible to add to those memories.

I really feel sorry for those who just don't get it.

Sep 2, 2004, 10:31 AM

You obviously do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I feel like I'm in heaven...

Sep 2, 2004, 10:35 AM

every time I enter Clemson. It truly is God's Country.

It's something that only Clemson people can understand....

Sep 2, 2004, 10:45 AM

People tell me all the time that I will grow out of this "Live and breathe Clemson" phase but I don't see it happening. I've been a Clemson fan for only 8 years (due to my upbringing and thinking Furman was college football. I still love my parents, though) and am just getting started!!! I tell people that aren't as passionate as myself that they didn't do Clemson the right way.

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I first experienced it in 1971

Sep 2, 2004, 10:53 AM

when my grandfather (a 1924 graduate of Clemson A & M College) took me to my first Clemson game and walked all over the campus with me. That was nearly 33 years ago and the passion hasn't dwindled, and for a Clemson man, it never will.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I finished Clemson 44 years ago - it just gets better.....

Sep 2, 2004, 10:53 AM

so much so, that we retired and live here now!!

Very nice, though might I suggest some paragraphs?

Sep 2, 2004, 10:54 AM

a little hard for us old folks to read!

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 663
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic