Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Notables for Clemsontigers.com
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Football Notables for Clemsontigers.com

Jul 28, 2004, 10:27 AM

Browsing the new 2004 Roster Profiles on Clemsontigers.com, here are some of the notables I saw there:

* Curtis Baham - one of the strongest players on the team pound-for-pound... bench pressed 405 pounds during winter workouts... set a skill position record with 29 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press... cited as most improved in the weight room by the strength coaches this past winter.

* Charles Bennett - his 37.5” vertical leap ranks among the best on the team.

* Nathan Bennett - second on the team with a 475-pound bench press; also second with a 365-pound power clean... played 599 snaps in 13 games in 2003.

* Tramaine Billie - bench pressed 300 pounds and squatted 450 in winter workouts...

* Donnell Clark - improved his squat to 610 pounds, one of the highest marks on the team...

* Duane Coleman - second on the team with a 40.5-inch vertical leap...

* Eric Coleman - had a solid winter workout with a 460-pound bench press and 500 squat... 306 snaps just in 2003.

* Marion Dukes - Dukes was on the field for 97 snaps in his 10 games in 2003.

* Dustin Fry - one of the strongest players on the team; he was a highlight of winter strength and conditioning drills...bench presses 500 pounds, best on the team...did 42 reps of 225 pounds, also best on the team and a new Clemson record...third on the team with a 620 squat... played 168 snaps in 11 games overall in 2003.

* Roman Fry - the top performer in the weight room over the winter...had a team-best 655-pound squat and a 380 in the hang clean...most improved offensive tackle in the weight room during winter workouts...has gained more than 30 pounds since enrolling at Clemson in August of 2002...

* Jamaal Fudge - second-strongest player on the team on a pound-for-pound basis... bench presses 375 pounds, despite weighing only 190 pounds...squats over 500 pounds...

* Kelvin Grant - has solid strength, as he bench presses 350 and squats 500...has a 39” vertical, among the best on the team...

* Ben Hall - has a 36” vertical, an incredible mark for someone of his size...

* Cliff Harrell - one of the strongest offensive players on the team; he did 28 reps of 225 over the winter...bench presses and squats over 400 pounds each, has played over 300 snaps in his career...

* Cedric Johnson - the strongest player on the team with a 530-pound bench press last August... played 850 snaps in 2003... Played 836 snaps and graded 87 percent on averagein 2002.

* Chip Myrick - has improved his strength; he can bench press 460 pounds.

* Maurice Nelson - possesses a 39-inch vertical jump...

* Tommy Sharpe - ...has gained 35 pounds of muscle since he walked on to the team...second on the team with a 645-pound squat, an amazing number for someone his size... played 828 snaps, fourth-highest on the offense in 2003... played 393 snaps overall in 2002.

* Nick Watkins - ...already bench presses nearly 400 pounds and squats 495.

* Kwam Williams - ...has added 25 pounds over redshirt year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didnt realize Tommy Sharpe was so strong***

Jul 28, 2004, 10:41 AM

How can this be?

Jul 28, 2004, 10:53 AM

Dustin Fry - bench presses 500 pounds, best on the team

Cedric Johnson - the strongest player on the team with a 530-pound bench press last August

Seems to me that 530 is more than 500 - is my math right? I do have a Clemson education, after all.

Maybe big Ceds bench dropped a little from last August?***

Jul 28, 2004, 10:56 AM

Re: How can this be?

Jul 28, 2004, 10:58 AM [ in reply to How can this be? ]

> Dustin Fry - bench presses 500 pounds, best on the
> team
>
> Cedric Johnson - the strongest player on the team
> with a 530-pound bench press last August
>
> Seems to me that 530 is more than 500 - is my math
> right? I do have a Clemson education, after all.

Good question, I just copied and pasted from the site. Just take the numbers for what they're worth and do your own comparisons, I guess.. :)

Re: How can this be?

Jul 28, 2004, 10:59 AM [ in reply to How can this be? ]

Johnson did 530 last August. Fry's 500 was this Winter workouts and best on the team. It changes over time. Understand?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, who was strongest yesterday may not be the

Jul 28, 2004, 11:04 AM

strongest today. One guy could have had that extra beer last night (along with the pizza).

Guess where I'd go on a QB sneak.

Jul 28, 2004, 11:00 AM

Well over 1200 lbs leg drive behind Johnson and Sharpe. Only hope the tackle has is to go low and just block everything with linebacker over the top.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dustin Fry - 42 reps at 225 lbs... that's just sick

Jul 28, 2004, 11:14 AM

I play BB with him last year in at the Central rec center. Nice guy. He was getting loose by jumping up and graping the rim. He's big, fast and quick....

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

This is the most impressive one to me

Jul 28, 2004, 11:31 AM

* Jamaal Fudge - second-strongest player on the team on a pound-for-pound basis... bench presses 375 pounds, despite weighing only 190 pounds...squats over 500 pounds...

Holy crap. No wonder he's such a big hitter.

Dear Lord...

Jul 28, 2004, 11:38 AM

looking at those numbers, you begin to realize why we are posting messages on this board and not hitting people of the field. It takes a special freak of nature to bench close to 400 lbs and have a vertical leap of close to 40".

One small correction needed on Dustin Fry's 500 lb bench....

Jul 28, 2004, 9:50 PM

stated as "best on team", however, later it is said that Cedric Johnson has the best bench on the team at 530 lbs.

Other than that, great info!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic