Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Merry Christmas from Kuwait....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 795

Merry Christmas from Kuwait....

Dec 24, 2005, 7:01 PM
crew2.JPG(239.5 K)

Tigerfans,
I happened to be in the TOC pulling a midnight shift (it's already Christmas here!) in Kuwait, and picked up my Clemson Coffeemug (so orange and white, no one will take it from me!) and I remembered I havent had the chance to go on Tigernet in a while. We're the Brigade stuck, thank the Lord and Donald Rumsfeld, in Kuwait for the time being. If all goes well, we may not have to be here a full year (unlike the 15 month tour I did last time) so hopefully I can watch the first game of Football Season 2006 from Germany as opposed to Kuwait or Iraq. I just wanted to give you a report from the desert. These soldiers are amazing and rock solid...as a CPT, I feel it is my job to look out for them, encourage them, and help them in any way on a daily basis, but often I find myself more encouraged by their compassion, dedication, and humor. Trust me when I tell you that this country is in great hands with these soldiers and NCOs at the point. If you happen to run into a family member of a deployed soldier or one who has spent some time over here, thank them for me. They give up so much and many never had a choice in the matter like the soldier himself. The kids, wives, and parents are just along for the ride and they have sent us some d@mn fine soldiers. Don’t worry about us…we're doing fine. Morale is wonderful and spirits are high, given the circumstances. Sure we’d rather be home than in the desert…who wouldn’t?? I'm attaching a picture of my guys and me(I’m the third from the left). This was taken today after we won the TOC Basketball Tournament. Clemson wins in San Juan....we win in KUWAIT! Say a prayer for these guys or just anyone…Christmas is hard when you’re all alone. Luckily, if I cant spend it at home with my wife and family, I’m spending it with some of the greatest people in the world. Enjoy your time with your family this Christmas…don’t take it for granted please. Merry Christmas from WAY East!

Go Tigers…Beat the Buffs

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for serving and Merry CHRISTmas***

Dec 24, 2005, 7:05 PM

hey, thanks a bunch

Dec 24, 2005, 7:06 PM

I'm between dinner and the annual opening of one present on christmas eve and stopped by. I'm enjoying some time with a cousin home from Iraq, he is about to go back for tour #3 of 14 months. Hopefully, for all of you guys, it will be the last one.

STAY SAFE and get home!
You're doing a good deed over there and not enough people will tell you that what you are doing over there is worthy of the highest recognition.

Stay warm and congrats on the tourney.

Find somewhere to watch the game and you are in my prayers (seriously, not just saying that).

Merry Christmas!

"Duty is the sublimest word in the English language."- Robert E. Lee
"Strike the tent." - Robert E. Lee's final words
"Better to remain silent and thought an idiot then to speak out and confirm that thought for everyone." - Mark Twain

Clemson Day at the State House:

Merry Christmas to you and your men and women. What can

Dec 24, 2005, 7:39 PM

we do for you? Need anything specific? Besides a ride home? Thank God for you guys.

Thanks for your service. I hope you are having a Merry

Dec 24, 2005, 7:07 PM

Christmas and have a Happy New Years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, God Bless you all and Merry Christmas***

Dec 24, 2005, 7:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for all you do.

Dec 24, 2005, 7:43 PM

May you have a merry christmas!!!!!

thank you so much

Dec 24, 2005, 8:07 PM

u dont know wat it means that ur over there fighting for ours and others freedom.
i think i speak for most tigers when i say "you guys are amazing"

GO Tigers

Re: Merry Christmas from Kuwait....

Dec 24, 2005, 8:27 PM

Merry Christmas and thank you.

Merry Christmas and thank every one of you for what you're..

Dec 24, 2005, 8:42 PM

doing over there. I wish you all a safe Christmas holiday season and hope you all return home safely as soon as possible.

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 24, 2005, 9:14 PM

Merry Christmas to you. You make us proud.

God Bless you guys!!! Merry Christmas!***

Dec 24, 2005, 9:17 PM

God bless and Merry Christmas!***

Dec 24, 2005, 9:56 PM

Thanks, Be safe and have a Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Dec 24, 2005, 10:04 PM

nm

Dec 24, 2005, 10:53 PM

I have been a member here for quite some time and have never posted - I just like to lurk and keep up with the interaction among fellow diehards. However, I really felt compelled to reply to this message. God bless all of you and thanks for everything you do.
Merry Christmas

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2005, 12:33 PM

Thank you and your family for your sacrifice for all of us. May God bless all of you in the desert and keep you safe. You are in my prayers.

Hey, good luck over there.. and

Dec 27, 2005, 11:46 PM

the Tigers just won another Bowl Game!!!
A fine performance in Orlando!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 795
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic