Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Football is BORING!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Clemson Football is BORING!!

Sep 28, 2005, 4:54 PM

I'm a huge Clemson football fan. I grew up a huge Tiger fan, went to Clemson, graduated from Clemson, watch the Tigers anytime they are on TV, and go to the games as often as the woman permits.

But, I have to get this off my chest... This year's football team is the most boring team I've watched in a long time.

Why is that when we have a supposed NFL-prototype, 4 year starter, senior quarterback that we can't put the ball in the end zone?

Why do we constantly run passing plays 3-5 yards deep on average?

And is it me, or does the playbook seems to be able to fit on the back of a bar napkin? It's the same 4-6 plays over and over. The opponents know what we are running well before we even snap the ball. Heck, my girlfriend sitting in the upper deck knows what play is going to be called before the snap.

This vanilla styled football is killing me!! At times, it appears that even Whitehurst is frustrated with the play calls. How many times have we seen him look for the play call, run the play, and come back to the sidelines shaking his head?

This guy is a 4 year starter! Why can't we open the field more often? I know we had tons of games in the 80's and 90's where the score was 10-3, 17-10, etc. But, for crying out loud, we were a running football team then.

Why are we wasting this football season, with this NFL-touted quarterback, on vanilla-styled football?

Where is Rich Rodriguez when you need him?!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Move along nuttin ta see here but a retarded feller move on***

Sep 28, 2005, 4:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yawn....***

Sep 28, 2005, 4:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why dont you go to UCS?

Sep 28, 2005, 5:01 PM

Im sure "#### and Fire" is exciting enough for you...

GO TIGERS

Don't remember the triple option huh? heh - may not

Sep 28, 2005, 5:02 PM

be old enough to remember the triple option...sigh

Nice post. You should be proud of yourself.***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:02 PM

Did you find Ford's offense exciting?***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:03 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but by golly when the defense was on the field

Sep 28, 2005, 5:23 PM

it more than made up for it. There were times back in the day when I actually wanted the other team to have the ball.

All I Can Say Is...........................

Sep 28, 2005, 5:27 PM

We Got Who We Got.......And I like Who We Got.
AND I WILL BE IN WINSTON-SALEM SATURDAY SUPPORTING MY TIGERS 100%.

1-2-3-4
1-2-3-4
C-L-E-M-S-O-N
T-I-G-E-RRRR-S
FIGHT TIGERS
FIGHT D@MMIT
FIGHT FIGHT

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Dang right. It was awesome to see Michael Dean just

Sep 28, 2005, 5:32 PM [ in reply to No, but by golly when the defense was on the field ]

absolutely destroy the dude in front of him, Terry Kinard wreck havoc in the secondary, Jim Stuckey throw people around like ragdolls, Jeff Davis run through somebody like a dose of salts. Watching our D back in Danny's day was a treat.

Our D this year has the killer instinct and helluva lot of potential...the O just needs to keep'em off the field a little bit.

MD Perry was on the sideline Saturday. He is still a really

Sep 28, 2005, 5:52 PM

big man. I wonder what he's up to now.

Yes he was! He stood right below me with Jeff Davis.

Sep 28, 2005, 5:57 PM

And YES they looked none to happy either. Go rip them too for complaining, Tigernet.

Donate here for Craig Kilborn's vasectomy.***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:05 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must've been VERY bored during the 80's***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's see 4 games decided on the last play of the game, I

Sep 28, 2005, 5:06 PM

like to see a more exciting team. Maybe it didn't play in the best defensive conference in the NCAA (per CFN.com) we'd have some 40 point games.

the truth hurts...***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:07 PM

Such a martyr.....***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They blow up so fast.... sigh***

I can understand being frustrated

Sep 28, 2005, 5:11 PM [ in reply to the truth hurts...*** ]

Or disappointed, or upset, or critical.

But if 4 games that come down to the last play bore you then you don't really like college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you need a new team,

Sep 28, 2005, 5:21 PM [ in reply to the truth hurts...*** ]

or just a new hobby altogether. This football thing ain't workin' out too well for ya. It can't be fun being as miserable as you are.

Wednesday afternoon quarterback

Obviously you're too young to remember those BORING offenses of the 1980's that won us many bowl games and a national championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson Football is BORING!!

Sep 28, 2005, 5:18 PM

Did you hear the crowd at the last two games? Nobody there was bored.

While I agree with some of what you say, NO WAY

Sep 28, 2005, 5:21 PM

you can call the team boring! My God man, have you sat through the first 4 games? Im going to have to have heart surgery by the end of the year.

With that said, yes, it befuddles me why we didnt look down field last game, given our lackluster running game, the fact defensive coaches are no longer surprised by what we are running, and the fact FSU WENT DOWN FIELD WHEN ALL ELSE FAILED, AND WON! And this board needs to spare me the #### dont complain crap, when Bowden essentially admitted the same thing.

Where have you been? I haven't seen you on here in ages!

Sep 28, 2005, 5:21 PM

On the other hand, if this is all have to say after being away...stay gone! Nobody was bitching and complaining when we were 2-0, and after two very tough losses to two very good teams, we all of a sudden have all these "experts" with problems with our O! And I didn't hear any of this even after the Miami loss, it's all been just this week! Geez, you people are amazing! Support the Tigers, which means support the coaches! GEEZ!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 OT games and 2 last-second wins and you're bored?...

Sep 28, 2005, 5:38 PM

What does it take to excite you?

Kin ah git sum biscuits wid sum musterd on em, uh huh?***

Sep 28, 2005, 5:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, no one ws saying this after the Maryland game....***

Sep 28, 2005, 6:30 PM

Sep 28, 2005, 6:40 PM

This guy is a 4 year starter! Why can't we open the field more often? I know we had tons of games in the 80's and 90's where the score was 10-3, 17-10, etc. But, for crying out loud, we were a running football team then.

Well, welcome to 2005. We are a running team again. Get used to it.

Sep 28, 2005, 6:54 PM

The Miami game netted 124 decibles....that is the same as a 747 taking off...We beat Texas A&M in the with a last second FG, we beat Maryland on the last drive of the game, and the Defense held Maryland on their last possession..We lost in 3 OTs to the most dominate team of the last decade and we lost another OT game the following week to a very strong BC team...How in the F is that boring..do you need electro-shock attached to your seat.. Get with it and quit Bittching...if we were 4-0 with the same style offense and defense would you be whining too???

Sep 28, 2005, 7:45 PM

Totally agree. The "Mad scientest" seems confused.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic