Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tonight reminded me of two things....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Tonight reminded me of two things....

Mar 14, 2015, 11:19 PM

1. What BS it is that UNC and Duke are handed ACC Basketball Tournaments in their backyard every year like they need the help.

2. That as a founding member of the ACC, we are unable to beat UNC at home nor win the ACC tourney championship while watching new members like Miami, FSU and now 2 year member ND do it.

For #2 I blame everyone at Clemson who's been responsible for this basketball program. It's a shame and it's a disgrace.

Let's get a coach and/or AD in here who can do it and let's back this crap or stop even pretending to care. I am sorry but this pisses me off to no end.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tonight reminded me of two things....

Mar 14, 2015, 11:20 PM

Amen, brother

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

edit: UNC at THEIR home***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep "Beach" ..I feel same..get in OR get out!

Mar 14, 2015, 11:42 PM

Git er done CLEMSON officials!!!

GoTiGERS..keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tonight reminded me of two things....

Mar 14, 2015, 11:41 PM

CLEMSON Doesn't Cheat in Basketball nor Baseball!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The refs don't help us either....***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:51 PM

Re: The refs don't help us either....***

Mar 15, 2015, 2:07 AM

Yep, it doesn't matter who our HC or AD are at Clemson, it will always be a difficult job recruiting for basketball at Clemson. We are a FB first school, and we don't and shouldn't apologize for that bc we are who we are. It is a ### shame though that when we do have players that can compete against tobacco road, the refs will make sure we don't have a chance of beating those A$$ holes when we play against them on tobacco road. The oneway tobacco road street isn't just a loss for us, it will be a loss for every team that isn't twice as good as those two teams are for a chance win.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#### you would hate to be a Bama fan.***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Not with all those NC in football. Bad comparison dude.***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:50 PM

You just literally and figuratively proved yourself wrong...

Mar 14, 2015, 11:52 PM

I applaud you for proving yourself wrong...in writing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

I was clearer in a different post...

Mar 14, 2015, 11:54 PM

I could care less about either baseball or football if we win the NC in football again in my lifetime.

edit: basketball =)***

Mar 14, 2015, 11:54 PM

I'm gonna say let's keep the AD...

Mar 14, 2015, 11:51 PM [ in reply to #### you would hate to be a Bama fan.*** ]

A) I think Brownell is the answer once we get good facilities and good fan support.

B) If our Athletic Department is giving us the resources to win in football, then they are doing their jobs.

Agree with B......

Mar 14, 2015, 11:52 PM

eh, not really with A. I like Brownell like I liked West.

Hear, hear!

Mar 15, 2015, 12:03 AM

I'm not for canning Brownell at this point, but this should be more fuel to the fire, and help create a sense of urgency concerning the basketball program at Clemson. I'd sure like to hear the AD address it - something more than a bunch of PR and a canned set of talking points. I want to hear an stated commitment to building a winner at Clemson, and an acknowledgment of our failure to do so in the past. I'd like to hear that it's gonna be different. I think recruits would like that too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I am with you.....

Mar 15, 2015, 12:11 AM

I didn't call for West to be fired nor Bowden for that matter. With Jack I don't know either. I am angry but I am trying not to let it cloud my judgement. I would be a horrible AD. I didn't see Dabo being the force he is but could be happier now about him.

I am just tired with this basketball program as I am sure many college fans are (ie Auburn).

What to do? Suck it up and wait for football? It's the only choice I guess.

I will repeat the only way is 2 change Hoops Business Model

Mar 15, 2015, 11:49 AM

And hire a QUALITY NBA asst coach.

1) Talented High School Recruits all want to play NBA.
2) Talented recruits will attend a college whose coach has NBA product & connections.
3) Clemson needs a recruiting gimmick to draw. This is it.
4) NBA assts are cheap. Highest salaries are Less than $1MM.
5) Atlanta Hawks and San Antonio Spurs play the best team ball on planet.
6) A quality NBA asst knows Basketball. He will learn Clemson traditions.
7) This new business model is works because it is untested. If it were already demonstrated, every college would already be using the model.
8)UGA Football just brought in Schottenheimer as OC. Harbaugh is leaving 49'ers for UM. Pro coaches will work in Football; they will work in Hoops.
9) As for T-Net naysayers, the same stale mindset of hiring a mid-level college coach will not work. And let's not keep trying the same approach for another 50 yrs.
10) What else you got? Except that's this approach has never been done. What's your sure-fire plan?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our basketball program is and largely has been a joke

Mar 15, 2015, 12:14 PM

For some reason, people assume you're suggesting Brownell be fired when you make such statements.

For me, that's not the case. I don't have a solution. But the fact is our program is not good and has been historically bad in the ACC. Think how hard it is to never win the ACC tourney in over half a century. It's pretty laughable.

what's worse?

Mar 15, 2015, 12:21 PM

having never won the ACCT or having never won in Chapel Hill?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Yes!***

Mar 15, 2015, 12:25 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic