Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My trip to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 664

My trip to Clemson

Sep 5, 2005, 8:13 PM

First-time poster here.

I have been to many, many places for football games and the treatment that I received as a visiting fan ranks right there at the top. The tailgating was as excellent as I had heard and the generosity from everyone was humbling. Even after the game, I didn't hear any derogatory comments...just a lot of "thanks for coming out here."

I walked into Tiger Town Tavern just before noon, bought a beer and found some Clemson folks to talk with...20 minutes later, I had an invite to a tailgate. They asked me if it was going to bother me to "be around a bunch of rednecks"...I told them that I was from Alabama and that it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't know if any of them will read this, but to the denizens of the Nowell tailgate, you were the best hosts and I was truly humbled by your generosity to a complete stranger...T-bird, Alice, Chris, John, Greg, Paige, Sara, Carrie, Mark, Joshua (who had the funniest one-liner of the night...unfortunately, I can't repeat it here) and anyone else I forgot, thank you very much for a wonderful time. I won't soon forget it.

It was nice to see the young ladies dressing up in sundresses and mini-skirts for the game...I remember that from my days at Auburn and I miss that aspect of the whole game experience. That really doesn't go on much at A&M...we do have good looking women, don't get me wrong, but they don't dress the part on gamedays by and large.

Another nice touch was the fact that there were maroon Military Appreciation shirts for sale. That was "good bull", as Aggies are fond of saying when something is well done.

The stadium has excellent views, but MAN, was that a climb to row DD...my fat butt needed a breather! It sounded very loud at times and I'm sure it was much louder down low and in the enclosed parts of the stadium. I was basically in the corner of the stadium next to the ongoing construction and the sound seems to just escape right there...but it won't once that deck is finished. All in all, an outstanding facility that will only be better when that upper deck is rounded off.

As for the game, well, it was a heartbreaker for us, obviously...I'm still befuddled by Franchione's decision to kick the PAT to go up 24-22. You have to at least try to get up by 3 in that spot with 9:22 to go in the game. Y'all were eating big chunks of time on your drives and possessions were going to be precious. Even if we didn't get it, a FG still beats us and your kicker was nails all night long. Y'all played essentially a mistake-free game and deserved to win.

I wish y'all the best of luck this season...hopefully we won't hang our heads and pout about this one.

Gig 'em and Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for coming...glad you enjoyed your trip.***

Sep 5, 2005, 8:19 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My trip to Clemson

Sep 5, 2005, 8:31 PM

Glad you enjoyed the trip. Ya'll were good company. Gig 'em.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glad you enjoyed it. Come back again!***

Sep 5, 2005, 8:32 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Glad you enjoyed your trip..

Sep 5, 2005, 8:34 PM

When we went out there last year, we had a blast.
The people were super nice to us.

Despite our loss, the trip was a pretty awesome one last year.

Go Tigers and GIG'em AGGIES!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What all fans should be. Point for you!!!!!***

Sep 5, 2005, 9:14 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 664
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic