Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Something else I need to clarify before FB season starts.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 469

Something else I need to clarify before FB season starts.

Aug 29, 2005, 5:04 PM

Listen up, Tigers and Cluckers, because FTF has taken it upon himself to educate you on yet another topic involving our rivalry [sic].

Some of you roosters have determined and proclaimed that Clemson folks "live vicariously" through Chicken State's superior SEC foes. This subject requires a some form of clarification, and I have decided that I wish to be the one to clarify it for you. So I will.

It's unfair of you to say that some Clemson fans want the Gamechickens to lose every game they play. Get it right:

ALL Clemson fans want the Gamechickens to lose every game they play. I don't want Carolina (either one, really) to ever win another game in any sport in any competition ever ever ever ever ever again as in not one time. Those that go around saying, "Well, I'm a Clemson fan, but I'll pull for Carolina when they're not playing Clemson..." are full of something that smells really bad, or are not Clemson fans. They might pull for Clemson, but all Clemson fans would prefer that Carolina South lose.

This is not living vicariously. It's called a rivalry - or at least that's what you call it. We call it "BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA" most of the time. It's not living vicariously - we just don't want you to win.

Reason #2 it's not living vicariously: we beat you a lot. Living vicariously is only possible when you depend on others to do what you cannot. We can. We have. We will again.

See, I have been a Clemson fan all of my life. I was born in Columbia, and with the exception of my wonderful years at Clemson, I have lived in the Columbia area my whole life. Try it sometime - it will instill in you a deep dislike of the dark side that requires no vicarious living. I offer no apologies and declare forthwith that I shall be a large fan of every school that plays the feathered beasts of Olympia this season. I am not ashamed, I am not remorseful - that's just the way it is.

THAT SAID, I do not and shall never hate or mistreat individual Gamecock faithful unless it shall be deserved. I know many very kind folks whose only error in life was their choice of college affiliation. These people need your help and support to overcome the poor choices they have made in life. There are those out there (they are easily identifiable) that deserve ridicule and public thrashings, but there are many that do not - they merely deserve our sympathy.

So if there was a polite way that I could tell all you chickens that I hope you never win another game in anything ever ever ever ever ever, I'd take that route.

GO TIGERS!! GO KNIGHTS!!

Best Regards,

Tiger of the Flying Variety

PS - This article is not intended to start another discusson on what comprises a true Clemson fan. If you intend to take it as such and get all riled up, please check your personal inferiority complex at the door. Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only time that I consider pulling for the coots is when

Aug 29, 2005, 5:31 PM

they play UGA. Now, that's a team that I cannot stand to see win at anything. Class doesn't exist there whatsoever. So, I guess for at least one game a year coots, I actually live HOPELESSLY VICARIOUSLY through you to beat UGAly, only I don't get my hopes up because it never happens;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why don't you say what you really mean?***

Aug 29, 2005, 5:54 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 469
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic