Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This absolutely amazes me. We are 5-2. Lost to two top 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

This absolutely amazes me. We are 5-2. Lost to two top 10

Oct 22, 2014, 12:26 PM

programs. How many injuries do we have on offense? We have a defense that can keep us in any ball game. Our phenom freshman QB is out for another 3 weeks, and chances are we're going to run the table.

Man, as miserable as most of you are now, I would have hated to see you during the Bowden years.

And the Coots, don't worry about them. Love the kid to death, love everything he did and how he represented Clemson, but SC was in Tajh Boyd's head... Earlier this year I watched a true freshman QB go on the road to Tallahassee and deal with 80,000 screaming mouthbreathers doing the tomahawk chop in his face all night long, and he didn't flinch. Nobody's getting in this kid's head. So yeah, I'm saying it now. Deshaun Watson, Coot Killa 2.0. He'll never lose to 'em. Get used to it.

Or just keep being miserable and hate our program and our coaches. Man, if we only still had Bowden and Spence....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This absolutely amazes me. We are 5-2. Lost to two top 10

Oct 22, 2014, 12:30 PM

Expectations here get way out of control plus lots of minimal football knowledge

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your point?

Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

I'm pretty certain we can post or think whatever we want as fans without affecting the outcome of games.

No way! What is said here has an ephemeral impact

Oct 22, 2014, 12:40 PM

On every play. Call it the buble screen phenomena...

Re: No way! What is said here has an ephemeral impact

Oct 22, 2014, 4:22 PM

bengaline, I have to give you a thumbs up, big guy, your post is right up there with the best I have seen. Loved it!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His music is powerful. ******

Oct 22, 2014, 4:26 PM [ in reply to No way! What is said here has an ephemeral impact ]

null

It's only crazy if it doesn't work!***

Oct 22, 2014, 4:36 PM [ in reply to No way! What is said here has an ephemeral impact ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i don't disagree with you

Oct 22, 2014, 12:32 PM

I think we're probably the best 2 loss team in the country, and our defense is scary good... DW is a player for sure.

but it amazes me how we can lose 5 in a row, and still some come on here and say "don't worry about them this year".

does Dabo's 1-5 stellar record against them make you feel that way?

tia

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

To be fair, they had the better team a number of those years

Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 PM

As much as it sucks to admit. Last year was one that we really should have won. We were legitimately the better team. Before that, we probably weren't.

This year, they are every bit as bad as they were during Dabo's first win over them.

I'm not saying it'll be easy, but there's no excuse to lose this year. They probably have an edge at OL (but who doesn't?), and we'll see where we are at RB by November. But that's about it. DL? Nope. LBs? Nope. Secondary? God no. WRs? No way. QB? Puhleeze.

wow

Oct 22, 2014, 12:36 PM

there's as bad as Dabo's first year, so we should probably win....

is that an indictment?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

"They had the better team a number of those years"

Oct 22, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to To be fair, they had the better team a number of those years ]

Why is that?

So now it's acceptable to loose to them if they "have the better team"??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

To be fair, if we lose to a team, doesn't that make them the better team?

Oct 22, 2014, 1:03 PM

I mean, we can debate all we want about turnovers last year, but at the end of the day...

They won, so their team was better. And no, I'm not a coot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In some cases, it makes them the better team that day....

Oct 22, 2014, 1:07 PM

but unfortunately, the better team doesn't always win which is why you play the games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

By "better team", I mean could win 8 out of 10 ganes in

Oct 22, 2014, 1:08 PM [ in reply to To be fair, if we lose to a team, doesn't that make them the better team? ]

head-to-head match-ups.

Yes, it's possible for a team (James Madison) to beat a better team (Va Tech) on a given Saturday.

Moran.

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like FSU last year. We would win 5 out of 10?

Oct 22, 2014, 2:09 PM

Ok.... Idgit ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No ... obviously Notre Dame is better than FSU despite ...

Oct 23, 2014, 9:45 AM [ in reply to To be fair, if we lose to a team, doesn't that make them the better team? ]

... the results on the field. Just listen to Lou.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To be fair, they had the better team a number of those years

Oct 22, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to To be fair, they had the better team a number of those years ]

Squish, really good post!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh no, we were a better than they were in 2012 too

Oct 24, 2014, 12:50 AM [ in reply to To be fair, they had the better team a number of those years ]

Don't kid yourself. They came to OUR HOUSE with their backup QB (same QB as this year) and beat us handily. This year against them is far from a sure bet. I won't believe it until I see it.

Re: Oh no, we were a better than they were in 2012 too

Oct 24, 2014, 12:58 AM

Yes if we turn it over 6 times and Connor Shaw converts every third down on our defense it'll be a close game at Williams Brice this year...

Wait, what?

Clemson with Watson scores 38+, without scores 24.

SCAR's oline gets handled and db's suffocate their wr's. Scar won't break 21.

I predict 38-13 good guys...but I really hope Dabo doesn't call off the dogs when we 're up big.

No, DeShaun Watson's ability to play with icewater

Oct 22, 2014, 12:37 PM [ in reply to i don't disagree with you ]

in his veins and be able to check into plays at the line of scrimmage when he knows that the playcall that Morris has made is alas another boneheaded one. That, is what makes me feel that way. Tajh was good, he didn't have either of those two abilities.

By the way, this kid's a freshman....

i agree with everything you said about both DW and TB

Oct 22, 2014, 12:39 PM

but 5 in a row is 5 in row...

and to suggest it changes, until it changes... is lunacy

I couldn't agree more

Oct 22, 2014, 12:51 PM

Should we win this year? All evidence points to yes.

Will I predict it giving the current streak? Heck no.

That said, here's to hoping we do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shoulda, coulda, woulda I know, but....

Oct 22, 2014, 12:57 PM [ in reply to i agree with everything you said about both DW and TB ]

we should have won at least two if not three of the last five. Barring a bunch of rediculously foolish unforced errors, I do think Clemson's wins this year with or without Watson.

Re: i agree with everything you said about both DW and TB

Oct 22, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to i agree with everything you said about both DW and TB ]

york_tiger, you are correct, 5 in a row, is 5 in a row, but I would think that you would look at the extenuating circumstances and where the two teams are since the 5 in a row started. I think you would be saying, well we have started out on a 1 in a row record after the game this year. You watch where our program goes versus where the program at USC goes. We are still Clemson, regardless of the 5 year bump in the road. That is not to disparage USC, but just is the truth.

Watson has had a few Boyd-like moments....

Oct 22, 2014, 12:55 PM [ in reply to No, DeShaun Watson's ability to play with icewater ]

Hopefully by the time he's a senior the frequency with which those occur will be greatly minimized.

He's made some bad decisions. I don't understand why he is

Oct 22, 2014, 1:31 PM

being crowned the way he is. I think he is a future NFL QB and Heisman contender, but this characterization of him as infallable is greatly exagerated.

Against Louisville he made some really bad throws, one ending in a bad INT. After the first quarter against NCSt, his pass trajectory was clearly off.

He's a true freshman QB and deserves the differance normally allowed as such.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

He's not infallable....

Oct 22, 2014, 1:46 PM

he a true freshman and sometimes he plays like it but, for a true freshman, he's pretty darn good.

Re: i don't disagree with you

Oct 22, 2014, 4:41 PM [ in reply to i don't disagree with you ]

york_tiger, let's take everything into consideration and not just a stat. Spurrier is a very good game day coach, for the most part. He has been at USC for 10 years, let me repeat, 10 years. He has built the program to a level of respectability but they are still USC.

Dabo, as a new head coach, has been the head coach for Clemson for 6 years and partially for 1 year and he inherited the mess that Tommy Bowden left (no disrespect to Tommy, but he just didn't have it as a "total coach"). So Spurrier has a 3 1/2 year lead on Dabo at their respective schools and if you look at the stats from last years game, minus the turnovers, we beat USC. What does that mean? We were almost there!! When Dabo completes his 10th year at Clemson, like Spurrier has, I feel you will see that 1-5 record you spoke of, more like 5-5, that is assuming that Spurrier is still at USC, which I doubt will be the case. The Tigers are on the way!!!

I think USuCk's in yorkie's head as much as Tajh's***

Oct 23, 2014, 9:36 AM [ in reply to i don't disagree with you ]

Dabo as a coach

Oct 22, 2014, 2:12 PM

is rated by his peers as being in the middle level of the ACC.
I would rate him lower than that
he cant beat florida state or SC

Too many humiliations on national TV
we need a real football coach not a bible thumping baptist preacher wannabe.

He has done well in the ACC. But the new coaches in the league, like Jimbo, the guy at louisville and several others are going to kick dirt in swinneys face.

He is like nobama. He ain't up to the job. Make good speeches.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...not a bible thumping baptist preacher wannabe"

Oct 22, 2014, 2:18 PM

OK now we know your motivation for blasting Dabo constantly

Look here, bruv

Oct 22, 2014, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Dabo as a coach ]

Dabo brings in first round WR pix CONSTANTLY.

Tweet that. Print that.

Plus Watson gonna win le Heisman.

If the o-line ever gets its #### together.

How does a mid level ACC coach

Oct 22, 2014, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Dabo as a coach ]

Take a mid level ACC team (at the start) and win a Championship, Orange bowl, longest streak in country over unranked teams, most wins by a senior class?

And also recruit in the top 15 every year?

Your an idiot and really just a coot who would rather see Dabo leave so our recruiting would fall and then our team as well.

Re: Dabo as a coach

Oct 22, 2014, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Dabo as a coach ]

What are your sources for your statements? Would you like for Dabo to be more like "Harley" Petrino? Incredibly poor posting on your part, domduck!!

it is truly mind bottling!***

Oct 22, 2014, 4:24 PM

null

I saw where at least 2 "espn experts" said ND deserved

Oct 22, 2014, 5:30 PM

a higher rank over fsu due to playing them so close at fsu. Wait. What? I then remembered the crucial point that these are "ESPN experts."

There is a good chance of a NC with fsu v uga, correct? I said over a yr ago fsu repeats and CU wins the next yr. Still stand by my prediction.

see this is where listening to the likes of yorkie and louie

Oct 23, 2014, 9:34 AM

gets you in trouble.

CU wins the Natty next year? Let's see, our returning WR's are M Williams, A Scott, D Kitt, and GHop. Qb is DW of course and between Brooks, Choice, Dye and Gallman we'll have quality at RB. TE will be manned by Leggett and Seckinger, who can't block but can catch, but maybe Milan Richard can teah them a thing or two about that. Wow! Maybe you're right - we'll be as star-studded at the skill positions as we were in say, 2008 when we were ranked #9 by (the fools in) the media before the season. We'll even have 1-deep somewhat experienced talent on the D-side with Green, Alexander, JJohnson, Tankersly and Kearse in the back 5, and with O'Daniel, Lawson, Pagano, Watkins, Reader, Boulware, et all the front 6 might not be bad either even given all the losses on the D-Line. Lacking some experience in the 2-deep, yeah maybe, but loads of talent for sure.

So what's not to love?

Oh, oh yeah; the O-Line. (same problem as 2008 huh?) Yeah, we lose Davis, Beasely, and Webster off the starting 5 at least. Who knows what's in Battle's head? Norton comes back, but he'll probably be at Guard with Guillermo taking over center if he can stay healthy. Yeah, we'll only have the most inexperienced O-line we've had here in about a decade; and you're talking Natty?

Oh, I get it; we'll be like Michigan in basketball and the starting "Fab five" will all be True Freshmen from the greatest O-line class ever at Clemson, right?

Hey, why don't we break out the black socks too.....

Oct 23, 2014, 9:02 AM

I agree and with a 5-2 record with the only loses coming to 2 top 10 teams we should be higher ranked. I guess the polls are not in our favor.

Oct 23, 2014, 9:31 PM

I understand your feeling about the rankings b/c I feel that we are better than THEY think. But we should only worry about only the things our team can change. With the new play off system, I feel that the voters will be dishonest with their votes with us and FSU really to try and keep the ACC teams out of the play off system. Nobody wants to risk losing to an ACC team in the play offs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2014, 9:11 AM

I agree.... And looking forward to beating that COOT A$$!!!!!

Oct 23, 2014, 12:19 PM

You're absolutely right!!! Our FB teams in the not so long ago past could have been Very easily 2 and 5 right now with this years schedule. And more likely than not would have been 2 and 5 right now. They just didn't have near the same fight that our 2014 Tigers certainly have. And when our past teams were faced with the adversity as our 2014 Tigers has surly faced, they would have laid down and died by the end of the 3d quarter. More times than not, its the fight in the dog that wins over the size of the dog!!! With the amount of our starters that have been out every game b/c of suspensions or injuries. And Second and Third team players having to come in and play as starters. With the QB situation being as it has been through the whole season switching from one to the other. And now with the better QB out for how ever long it takes to get him back healthy. With everything that has happen with our team that cripples most teams, and has ours in the past. With pride and big smiles, I applaud our 2d/3d team smaller dogs that hasn't had much time to grow, but they have come in and delivered ferocious bites that has kept us in and won the 5 wins we do have. Any Clemson fan that can't be proud and applaud our team, maybe Clemson FB isn't for you.

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic