Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thanks from an Illini
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Thanks from an Illini

Mar 24, 2014, 2:33 PM

I registered for your board just to write a thanks for the hospitality yesterday. It was great to drive up from Athens to see the Illini. Everyone I have talked to and that has posted on the Illini boards has mentioned how nicely they were treated by the Tiger faithful. As you know, it was a good game and could have gone either way. The support of the Clemson fans made the difference. Thanks again and we'll see you down here in August.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa AND Illinois fan?

Mar 24, 2014, 2:40 PM

photo tumblr_llnodmn4qd1qj0x7wo1_250_zps00232b70.gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: UGa AND Illinois fan?

Mar 24, 2014, 2:44 PM

I've liven in Athens for almost 30 years. My first game here was the Bulter 60 yarder. I have managed to get a couple of degree's at UGA so, yea, I'm a Dawg.

That was also my first game at Sanford.

Mar 24, 2014, 2:46 PM

And last :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was also my first game at Sanford.

Mar 24, 2014, 2:51 PM

Yea I'm not too interested in SEC road games either. I did go to the 1991 Hall of Fame Bowl when the Tiger played the Illini. That was the game where the "book" on the Tigers was that you just ran. . .so you passed us silly for a 30-0 win!

Re: That was also my first game at Sanford.

Mar 24, 2014, 2:52 PM [ in reply to That was also my first game at Sanford. ]

I'm also a Hokie by marriage!

Dawgs and Hokies?

Mar 24, 2014, 2:56 PM

Well you have 2 out of my 4 most hated fan bases covered.

Any chance you've also got some USuCk and TheOSU people in the family? If so, I hate your family...all of it

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Dawgs and Hokies?

Mar 24, 2014, 2:59 PM

I came here to say thanks. I'm not taking the bait on that one.

Smart move. Check out GWPTiger's van

Mar 24, 2014, 3:06 PM

photo druglawyerbus_zps2ca9b77a.jpg

Re: Smart move. Check out GWPTiger's van

Mar 24, 2014, 3:12 PM

had one just like it when I came home from the Nam!

^^^^ Not your average leg humper, castrated turkey, ilienow

Mar 24, 2014, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs and Hokies? ]

fan.

Good job swimming past that dead fish in the water !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

My first (and probably last) will be the upcoming one...***

Mar 25, 2014, 11:05 AM [ in reply to That was also my first game at Sanford. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Thanks from an Illini

Mar 24, 2014, 2:42 PM

Thanks. Clemson fans are at the top when it comes to class.
So glad you enjoyed yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, FSU baseball fans are not.***

Mar 24, 2014, 2:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: And, FSU baseball fans are not. Maybe they get that

Mar 24, 2014, 2:55 PM

from their team

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And, FSU baseball fans are not.***

Mar 25, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to And, FSU baseball fans are not.*** ]

FSU fans are as close to being tied for first with the coots as the worst fan base in the entire nation. Period!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2014, 3:04 PM

Thanks for the kind words that I'm sure you mean. I'm a 100% bias when it comes to my Clemson Tigers but, our Tiger fan base do our best at being very respectful to our visitors. We have also been known for scolding one or more of our own for being disrespect to our visitors. Good luck in y'alls athletic future, and remember the Orange Paw fan base wishes you the best.

Mar 24, 2014, 3:07 PM

There are morons that support every school, the idiocy of night football games and firewater don't help.

Mar 24, 2014, 3:16 PM

Exactly! That is why I pray that alcohol sales will never in my life time enter any of our sporting events, especially Death Valley. Gooooo Tigers, and feast on the mutts at the end of August... R O A R R R R !!!!

Thanks for the kind words

Mar 24, 2014, 3:44 PM

I'm still bitter about our loss to you guys in the ACC/BIG 10 challenge a couple years back....what a collapse!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2014, 11:02 AM

Thanks for your kind words.

Three things about Illinois ... the radio station there "WILL" is my name - love that ... the "FIGHTING ILLINI" moniker is as good as any anywhere ... the comeback done on Sunday surprised me and impressed me ... Clemson was fortunate to win ... well done.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2014, 3:40 PM

There were only two things that bothered me. I sat one section above the Illini bench and, for some reason, they wouldn't let folks down to fill those seats. On the replay I watched it did not really relay how full the arena was. The other thing is that with all the orange there was little way to see how many Illini fans were there. When we played Auburn the day after the SEC Championship game we clearly out drew them. The Tech game a few days earlier was probably 50-50. I don't think we had more than a couple fo thousand but we do travel well.

THIS..Tiger Fans is SPORTSMANSHIP and reason I like being a

Mar 25, 2014, 4:32 PM

FAn..in that I interact with them on the road since THEY have rights, dreams, traditions, great Band, special clothing, unis, cheers, neat campuses, stadiums and stories to tell.

Clemson is a great "little" place in the sea of schools & fans..and I've traveled from BC to UCLA to FSU to TN to ND..and I've enjoyed every single campus, band, stadium, attire, cheers, unis AND fans.

Get a life and realize other schools & fan bases are unique too..maybe not DEATH VALLEY, Howard's Rock, The HILL or The PAW...but they have something we don't..even the Coots have dried ice & 2001 song entry which I admit is pretty awesome..especially when heard on the radio as I did one day as driving around I-77 during a UGA-SC game..and I could see the stadium from afar..and my car radio just about blasted out of the dash. HEY!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic