Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . .

Feb 22, 2014, 3:13 PM

He'd love to have a team full of McDonald's All-Americans. He'd love to show big-time recruits the championship banners hanging from the rafters of our shiny new, state of the art arena, packed with rabid fans every game. He would have loved to have taken the job at Clemson with a team that was loaded for the future.

Yet, when you hear him talk, you hear a guy that knows exactly where and what we are as a program, and as a team, and you hear a guy that knows exactly what to do to get the most out of these players, and a guy who knows exactly what is needed to get us to the next level. He knows exactly when to talk his players up and defend them, and he knows exactly when to get on their a$$. He completely understands the challenge, and he has confidently, fearlessly embraced it.

I hope we win out, but even if we lose out, this season is already a resounding success. Even if we don't make the dance, this season has been a big success. We lost over 1/3 of our scoring and 1/2 of our rebounding from last year, and had no seniors to fill those shoes, yet look at where we are. We are going to finish much better than all but the most loyal, orange colored glasses wearing Clemson fans predicted. This year we have improved - considerably.

Don't get me wrong; we still have a lot of work to do, but I have been proven wrong about this team's potential as the season unfolded. The orange-colored glasses fools have been vindicated, and the credit goes to Coach Brownell and the players, who just keep working and winning.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Agreed

Feb 22, 2014, 3:16 PM

It's somewhat a double edged sword when you start to think you can play your way onto the bubble late in the season. It's great and energizing to the fanbase, but it can cause the "what-if" warriors to begin lamenting mistakes earlier in the season, and if you don't get invited it can be seen as a failure in and of itself.

But I agree with you entirely, this season can not be viewed by anyone but the most negative fans as as anything but a success.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . .

Feb 22, 2014, 3:22 PM

good post.

the last think I am is a sunshine pumper -lol. I call it like i see it. if you a clown, I am gonna call you a clown (no offense to coach swinney...this time).

But Brad is a GREAT coach. He is squeezing every ounce of ability out of these guys. They play hard. They are incredibly skilled in the fundamentals. Their only limitations, thanks to coach, are the ones that God gave them (physical).

With improved talent, we will only climb the standings in the ACC. Brad will make sure they are well prepared.

It is tough to watch at times, but the wins are even more enjoyable.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 22, 2014, 3:25 PM

Can someone translate this for me I dont speak Express13

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 22, 2014, 3:29 PM

not sure what this even means. but, you are persistent. i will give you that.

e-stalkers are fun.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:31 PM

It means you are another scok in the long list of scoks from a pathetic loser.

null

Feb 22, 2014, 3:33 PM

And i would say that your comments reflect more about you than me.

Die HARD Tiger here.

E-Stalker

Feb 22, 2014, 3:37 PM

you are fooling now one kid.

null

Feb 22, 2014, 3:40 PM

listen kid. however old you are. this will be the last time i address this with you. you don't like my opinion - i get it. just stay out of my threads. its that simple. ignored you have become. peace.

Feb 22, 2014, 3:41 PM

lol you arent a donor you cant ignore anything.

Poor little Chicken fan is getting his feelings hurt. You know you are sad Express13 when you change names and people still know who you are.

null

"Stay out of my thread"

Feb 22, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . . ]

LOL, that right there is funny

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Stay out of my thread"

Feb 22, 2014, 3:44 PM

yea. just realized this one wasn't mine. BUT, all i did was reply to the OP. that dipsh!t tried to hijack. Some kids....smh

Re: "Stay out of my thread"

Feb 22, 2014, 3:45 PM

lol its okay Express13 maybe your next thread someone wont call you out on your ####.

null

I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt

Feb 22, 2014, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: "Stay out of my thread" ]

Your tone and demeanor are quite similar to a poster who was here before named Express13. Are you him?

I find it interesting you don't answer***

Feb 22, 2014, 4:07 PM

Re: I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt

Feb 22, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt ]

no. sorry had to step away with my daughter. i have no idea who that is.

i was here once before (a long time ago) when the AARC and the Dwight whatever his name was WR fiasco went down. I was here when we got Roscoe and when Antonio Clay's mom went nutso and filmed a Snickers commercial. It has been so long I don't even remember what my handle was.

Then I went to Rivals. Been there since til economics forced me to drop subscription.

Posters like the kid above are one of the reasons I left TNET before. More serious convo at TI. Unfortunately, I had to give it up. But, I am not gonna pay to have my opinion bashed on here. Cause (R) or not, my opinion is what it is.

Re: I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt

Feb 22, 2014, 4:45 PM

okay Express13.... Fiction sure is fun. What other stories do you have for us?

null

OK, I have no reason to doubt your word.

Feb 22, 2014, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt ]

But, FYI, your style is eerily reminiscent and things did not go well with him, so that might be why you get some of the gruff you do.

Re: OK, I have no reason to doubt your word.

Feb 22, 2014, 5:47 PM

the only thing that I say on here that ruffles feathers is my dislike of Dabo.

Not sure why everyone thinks that makes me a coot? I am sure they love Dabo, seeing as how they own him. Why would a SC fan want Dabo gone? Makes no sense. I try to stay away from that subject as much as possible though...I know how sensitive the fans are when it comes to Dat Boy.

Re: OK, I have no reason to doubt your word.

Feb 23, 2014, 8:07 AM

How could you not like Dabo. We have 3 back to back to back 10+ winning seasons under his leadership. And don't even say its all b/c of Morris or even BV, b/c they are here b/c Dabo hired them and brought them to Clemson. Just like all the coaches at Bama, or Fla.ST, Saban and Fisher brought those coaches there also. Don't try and make it out to be that Dabo is any lesser than those two. They all three brought winners to there programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2014, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . . ]

Ah, correct me if I'm wrong but, wasn't smilingTiger the creator of this thread!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well he has been exiled twice***

Feb 22, 2014, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . . ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: well he has been exiled twice***

Feb 22, 2014, 3:36 PM

too

Go peck dirt......coot***

Feb 22, 2014, 3:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . . ]

Feb 23, 2014, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Just listen to coach Brownell talk . . . ]

Calls Dabo a clown... Wonder what that guy thought of Danny Ford? A slight step up? Possibly your everyday carnie?

good to feel optimistic about the Tiger's basketball future

Feb 22, 2014, 3:23 PM

and the coaching staff's capabilities.

Indeed, today I was watching the Tiger huddle during a timeout towards the end of the game....Brownell spoke apparently saying what he wanted run, and then pointed a question towards one of the assistants who immediately addressed the group with specific player instructions.....Coach Brownell is doing a terrific job developmentally and during the game. The half-time adjustments have frequently been game deciding moves.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good to feel optimistic about the Tiger's basketball future

Feb 23, 2014, 9:11 AM

I have thought this since he was hired! he will get us there.I acknowledge that it took longer than I thought but we will get there! and he will do it the right way with the right kind of people!unlike those thugs and no academics requirements elsewhere in SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smiling -

Feb 22, 2014, 4:46 PM

this was a great post. Sorry that other stuff happened ITT.

my reply was to concur. good stuff.

man, couldn't agree more

Feb 22, 2014, 6:08 PM

BB is a hell of a coach. Lock that guy down with longterm deal now. I think hes the best hoops coach we have had in my days and I go back to the 70's. He is squeezing every drop out of that team and the defensive effort they give is astounding. True sign of a team with a hell of a coach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2014, 7:43 AM

I have been taught my whole life that it takes a better man that can admit when they were wrong about something or someone, than the one that will stick to their original opinions knowing that they were wrong, and would never admit it. Clemson has a lot of better men, b/c we see a lot of them admitting they were wrong about Brownell.

agree....well said***

Feb 23, 2014, 7:58 AM

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic