Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pumpers only:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,478

Pumpers only:

Nov 10, 2013, 7:33 PM

We will finish at 11-1 and then win a BCS game and be ranked top 5 going into next year with a helluva of a D returning and a fifth year senior at QB or start a 5 star freshman or play all three.

I despise fsu but I think they win it all which barely takes a little of the sting out of our loss but it does help ( 4 turnovers and spotting a great team 24 is recipe for disaster).

Clemson football is back and there's not a #### thing anybody can do about it.

Coots and dumpers please spare me and don't post your negativity and delusional statements here but I know you will reply because you can't
help yourselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ finally someone gets it^^

Nov 10, 2013, 7:33 PM

:D

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

+1!***

Nov 10, 2013, 7:34 PM

I love your optimism. Hope you're right. +1***

Nov 10, 2013, 7:35 PM

No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh

Nov 10, 2013, 7:40 PM

top 15 at best.

No way a team with that many questions on O is top 5 or top 10. IDC how well stoudt has played against scrubs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh

Nov 10, 2013, 7:46 PM

Keep your negativity out of this post!!!

Nov 10, 2013, 7:49 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

Did you not read the sign on the door? GTFO.

U probably right.

Nov 10, 2013, 8:00 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

we can lose the key major players we're losing and still be Top 5 preseason next year. And why you guys seem to think Stoudt is just going to come in and hit the ground running and be an outstanding QB is lost on me. All he's done is mop-up work and never real high-pressure playing. Calling him a 5th-year Senior implies that he brings loads of experience to the position which he does not.

Sure, I hope we do great next season but don't act like we're going to be in high-gear when we play Georgia in Athens. Be more realistic.

Being hopeful is what we all are - not being realistic is just that - not being realistic.

Nov 10, 2013, 8:22 PM

We'll start the season with three highly regarded QBs available and since you bring up Georgia - they'll be breaking in a rookie QB with less experience than Stoudt or Kelly. Defense, which is already improved, should make another step forward. Oline should be improved and we are loaded at wide receiver. It will be Peake's turn to be the star with a great supporting cast. Only real concern is the running game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2013, 8:05 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

We will have plenty of talent at WR and the backs we have redshirted will give us the power running game we have been missing.....

We will be strong at RB next year. Brooks, Dye, Gallman

Nov 10, 2013, 8:14 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

and maybe even one of the true freshman. The coaches would have played Dye this year if not for his injury.

Stoudt is a very accurate QB with predigree. It is a shame he was never redshirted. At WR we will have Peake back as a RS Jr. (big loss this year), Humphries, Williams, Hopper, and three very talented freshman. The OL loses two starters, all the TE's are back.

On defense, the secondary starters and most backups are back, plus a couple of very talented true freshman from this years two deep, and a redshirted 5 star Mackenzie Alexander back from injury. At LB, we will likely start two seniors and a junior, and the DL will likely only lose Vic Beasley to the NFL from the two deep.

What is not to be excited about?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess Bama, UGA, TX A&M, Oregon, LSU, scu

Nov 10, 2013, 8:21 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

Are going to do anything next year either as all are losing important pieces of their offense too. With all those teams out of the top 10 how could we possibly fill a top 10?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2013, 8:24 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

I think we will have a standout RB if Dye recovers well and plays to his potential.

Though obviously losing Sammy will be a huge loss, I honestly think our WR unit as a whole May actually better. Bryant, Peake, Humphries, Williams, Hopper paired with the additions of Kitt and Scott will provide more than enough top-level targets for whoever is under center.

The biggest questions in my opinion are the offensive line (again) and QB. I think we should be good at QB. I think Stoudt could do very well for us but we haven't seen him against stating lineups. I think the best move is for Watson to redshirt and get a year under his belt in the system.

If our o-line can improve, I think we could be looking at a really successful year. I don't think there's any reason we shouldn't win any less than 8 games, and I think we could win as many as ten or eleven, not including the bowl. We're not going to beat FSU, but there's no definite other loss on the schedule.

Re: No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh- yeah I'd love to

Nov 10, 2013, 9:16 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

agree but with the losses like TB and SW we wont get ranked quite that high to start. I still think we will be pretty solid

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2013, 10:37 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

Don't know why the assumption is that Stoudt will be the starter in 2014. Kelly has potential and what if Deshaun Watson turns out to be a Jameis Winston?

"The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades"

Greetings from Timbuk3

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh..NO PROBLEM!***

Nov 11, 2013, 11:16 AM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

Did not get the memo...but top 15 still isn't bad...***

Nov 11, 2013, 12:18 PM [ in reply to No sammy, no standout Rb, no tajh ]

Re: Pumpers only:

Nov 10, 2013, 8:37 PM

Being ranked is one thing,but competeing with the likes of a Bama,or an FSU ain't going to happen without a dominate "O" line.
I too despise FSU,and even despise Bama more,but dang if I will ever pull for the Noles in any championship game.
As far as Clemson football being back,we are not there yet.
For Clemson to be successful,they have to achieve Dabo's goals:
1)win the opener (check).
2) win the division (didn't happen).
3)win the conference( sorry ,not this year).
4)Beat the coots( to be determined).

Re: Pumpers only:

Nov 11, 2013, 12:17 PM

My only question for next season is what running back we will have? We only have about 37 options and no one knows who it'll be.
But any QB will do. I'm happy with this season and the outlook of next.

So keep pumpin the sunshine boys. Cause hey, at least we didn't lose to Tennessee

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,478
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic