Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hope my old man is watching from above on Saturday....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,597

Hope my old man is watching from above on Saturday....

Aug 27, 2013, 8:45 PM

It's been about 6 months since my father passed. I remember him taking me as a young boy to the CU/GA games in the Ford/Dooley heydays. Those are some priceless memories to say the least. Herschel Walker not even sniffing the end zone certainly was a highlight.

One thing struck me as I thought about this weekend's game: a few days before my Dad passed earlier this year, he told me that he thought that "this could be the year.....I'm sorry I won't be there with you but I have a feeling that this is the year we've been waiting for."

Our family be in the valley. It will be bittersweet. But I am increasingly thinking he was right...this could be the year. Let's make the valley a place where the opposing teams see their dreams die!!

Go Tigers!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Your dad along with my Grandpa have the best seat in the

Aug 27, 2013, 9:44 PM

House! I always find myself talking to him during games....hey grandpa can ya help us out with this field goal? Gotta feeling they will be celebrating in heaven Saturday night! It's great you have those memories with your father. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your Dad along with my Dad have the best seats.

Aug 28, 2013, 10:04 AM

No doubt. Just wonder if Paw-Paw will try to have 3 TV's side-by-side--volume off, and ask Jim Phillips to come over and do the Clemson Play-by-Play.

Gosh how he loved Football Saturdays

Re: Your Dad along with my Dad have the best seats.

Aug 28, 2013, 10:17 AM

This is gonna be a pretty emotional weekend for us as we've been going to games together since the '70's. We are setting up the tailgate with his favorite orange chair at the table--though it'll be empty. I'll miss him grabbing my left arm every time we make a big play, that's what he used to do since I was a boy.

We miss him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: Your Dad along with my Dad have the best seats.

Aug 28, 2013, 1:39 PM

My dad passed the day we won the national championship. Always felt he was watching with me...

hope my gma is as well..she passed july 1st...

Aug 28, 2013, 1:40 PM

she had bad dementia but always made a point to ask me 10 times on friday and saturday did we win.

Re: Hope my old man is watching from above on Saturday....

Aug 28, 2013, 9:45 PM

let's also make DV the place where opposing teams actually get nauseous thinking about playing there.go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The week my dad died I wore his sweatshirt as we won 63-17.

Aug 28, 2013, 9:55 PM

While holding my 6 month old granddaughter. 10 years later and she doesn't miss a home game. she has been going since her first year on this earth. Four others go as well. MY DAD WOULD BE PROUD.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The week my dad died I wore his sweatshirt as we won 63-17.

Aug 29, 2013, 8:12 AM

I'll be wearing his lucky Block C hat. He wore that hat when we ran the table in '81.

Coincidentally, we also had to play the yardbirds in cootlumbia that year and they had a decent team. Shaping up to be the same as this year.

Screw Calford.

I know my mom and dad will be. Mom too had

Aug 29, 2013, 8:45 AM

big time memory problems, but could watch an entire Clemson game and keep track. They've got so many others up there in the bleachers cheering along with them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Tigers gonna win it for the old man!

Aug 29, 2013, 9:33 AM

Go Tigers!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,597
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic