Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The view from the pulpit...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

The view from the pulpit...

May 22, 2005, 5:46 AM

Anyone remember these words: "If Tanner was OUR coach...."

If not, then you probably were too busy, or too depressed, to visit the board back in late March and early April. Things were a tad bleak back then, with the proud tradition of Clemson baseball sloshing around the .500 mark while our neighbors to the south were steamrolling cupcakes into tortillas.

It was a hard time, and small wonder several folks felt a little like Habakkuk on the city wall wondering why the Babylonians are thriving while his own people suffer.

The Almighty, of course, had an answer: Wait and be amazed at the things that will happen. "I will do things that you will not believe even if I tell you."

But things come in their own time. If they seem late in arriving, be patient. They will not be overdue a single day.

Anyone care to trade the last two weeks of Clemson baseball for a couple of extra wins earlier in the season? With all due credit to Tanner, who is a heckuva coach, I think we're doing just fine thanks.

Now, we have exactly one day to savor, to soak in the sweep and look back on the road we've taken. Then we need to look at the road we're walking.

There is no one in front of us that we haven't beaten yet....no one we need to fear. Respect, certainly, but not fear. If anything, the fear should be coming from them. It's been a long time since we've been able to say that about a Clemson baseball team, and it feels good.

First we face Virginia, a team that knows its hopes for an NCAA berth lie in beating us. This perhaps is the only game that scares me. A decent team with superb pitching and its back against the wall is a dangerous team. If we beat the Hoos, we've effectively nailed their coffin shut. We need to counter with strong pitching of our own, saving the bullpen, and getting runs wherever we can.

If we win, we have a quick turnaround game, either against a thoroughly cheesed-off Miami team or a dangerous (as in took 2 of 3 from us) NC State team. Both are tough, both are in the NCAAs already. One wants revenge, one wants to prove itself. Both will see this game as a chance to nail down a regional.

We need to view the game with the same goal.

If we win that one, we get the Jackets again...but, heck, let's move through Day 1 first.

The main thing to remember is this team is not overdue a single day. And like Habakkuk, we continue to watch and be amazed.

And give those early-season naysayers credit for getting one thing right: If we had Tanner as our coach, we WOULDN'T be where we are today.

But I like this view better.

Congrats, Tigers and those who kept the faith.

Message was edited by: RevDodd®...because even on Sunday morning, I can't type worth a hoot.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if we dont play next friday

May 22, 2005, 8:23 AM

we host a regional. Unless the reason we dont play friday is because we lost on wed and thurs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And all of God's chillun' sez......"Amen!"***

May 22, 2005, 8:24 AM

Re: The view from the pulpit...

May 22, 2005, 8:28 AM

Amen.

The man can write. AMEN***

May 22, 2005, 9:54 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

D@mn right he can!!!**************

May 22, 2005, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic