Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 81
| visibility 1

Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC.

Jun 21, 2012, 7:23 AM

Not only is our conference in an extremely weak position for participation in the playoff it now appears the revenues the playoff will generate will be split according to the conferences' win/loss record for BCS games. How we doing there?

Added to the injury of being million behind of the 'power,' conferences already it's clear we should get off this ACC train wreck at the next stop.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC.

Jun 21, 2012, 7:36 AM

I strongly disagree . If anything we should be able to dominate this conference on a yearly basis , and the fact that we have scheduled tough opponents ooc for the next 6 years is a plus . Clemson undefeated is better than a 1 loss SEC or Big 10 team , and we would be in that playoff scenario .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2012, 7:38 AM

you should be worried about Clemson in the next 20-30 years, not the next 6

Jun 21, 2012, 7:43 AM

I always have Clemson's back ... some folks think that we are doomed as a school and that the ACC won't get a spot in the 4 team playoffs.. but I disagree . ESPN has a lot of fluff about BCS results and SOS , but in the end all that matters for Clemson is winning . We are a team that has always been viewed as a football school in the weaker ACC , that perception reigns . If win out , we join the party . That is for the next 6 , as well as the next 30 .

Jun 21, 2012, 7:46 AM

undefeated,,,,,undefeated,,,,all we have to do every year is go undefeated....#### broken record.....why should we "have to" top undefeated every year???

Jun 21, 2012, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

In 2014 we play UGA , FSU and Sackerlina . If we go undefeated thru the ACC and win the CG , with that OOC we are in the top 4 teams in the country... without a doubt .

Jun 21, 2012, 7:42 AM

why should we "have" to go undefeated?.when a BIG XII, SEC, PAC 10, or B1G 10 school can have a slip up and still not be out of the NC hunt

What happened to 2013? Next season we start with GA.***

Jun 21, 2012, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2012, 8:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

And those games are going to get much tougher to schedule with 9 conf game schedule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2012, 8:13 AM

and it is just destroying our recruiting also. we are doomed, doomed i say.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2012, 8:20 AM

no, it hasn't yet. That's what you wine and cheesers don't understand.

Jun 21, 2012, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

And, we are also screwed by loss of millions of $ of revenue each year to top off each of these other concerns.

How many times has Clemson gone UNDEFEATED in

Jun 21, 2012, 7:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

your lifetime? AND that is ALL Clemson has to do to "make it?" You say that like it is as easy as plucking the feathers off a chicken....

,,,,WAIT, that aint been so easy lately either.

When will people stop with the "All we have to do is go undefeated" junk?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

How many times has Clemson lost 1 game and been prevented

from playing for the title?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But it is so easy to do!

Jun 21, 2012, 7:46 AM

madness

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who said it should be easy to win the national title?

Jun 21, 2012, 7:48 AM

that is the basis for your argument. weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who said it should be easy to win the national title?

Jun 21, 2012, 7:52 AM

I never said it should be easy to win a national title. I never thought it should be either. If I thought that I would be clamoring to stay in the ACC - just like a the rest of tthose who "blindly" profess the ACC will get them to the national title.

Just go undefeated OR just one loss even.... that is nonsense. When was the last time Clemson had just one loss, btw?

Right. So, why are you so worried about a scenario that

Jun 21, 2012, 7:54 AM

by your own admission, never happens?

What?

Jun 21, 2012, 8:07 AM

I'm not worried about anything.

Why do you want to stay in the ACC when every team added to make football better has succumbed to the ACC weakness?

Why are you worried about moving to a conference that will pay CLemson more to lose?

I'm not worried. Just prefer info and facts to histrionics.

Jun 21, 2012, 8:10 AM

Whatever we decide to do is fine with me, but lets try to keep it an honest debate and avoid the hyperbole and fake certainty of the pro Big 12ers.

We rarely go undefeated. Heck, it has been over 30 years.

Jun 21, 2012, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

And the ACC was much easier, if that's possible, back in the day.

Your pretense is that USuCk is a strong out of conference...

Jun 21, 2012, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

opponent. I'll give you that USuCk improves our SOS health for the next two or three years. That won't last for two reasons. Spurrier is old. He can't last more than another five or six years and know the USuCk fanbase I expect them to keep him long after he has lost his edge. The other reason is that while USuCk is competitive in their side of the SEC now a great deal of that is attributed to UcheaT and Florida being at their lowest in over a decade. There is no way UT and UF continue to lose to USuCk. You know this, man!

It is also likely that we will lose the SEC/ACC kickoff matchup (Atlanta) to the SEC/Big 12 alliance.

The UGA home/home series is only for two years and I expect they will schedule a home/home with a Big 12 team in support of that alliance too.

May we now move on to the issue of money?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your pretense is that USuCk is a strong out of conference...

Jun 21, 2012, 7:51 AM

great point....money is the really big issue here

Jun 21, 2012, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

Just how many times have we been undefeated. Don't make it sound as if we can go undefeated when ever we want to. How many times has Clemson went undeated in our history? Answer is 4 times in our history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can think of a number of people on this board

that are adamant about staying in the ACC and not jumping ship. They are like a person dying in the hospital and the ACC appears to be that safe, loving family member that is at their bedside. Unfortunately that family member is about to euthanize them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I can think of a number of people on this board

Jun 21, 2012, 7:47 AM

lmao

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey deroberts, Nurse ratchet called. Time for your meds.***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed

mentality.

or we could help clean up our own mess.

Re: i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed

Jun 21, 2012, 7:44 AM

we are cleaning up our own mess...but that doesn't help clean up the messes that are Duke, WF, Maryland, Pitt, and Syracuse football

i luv when serious folks are serious and through out wake

and duke as examples.

that's silly. they're not the programs that need to fix their football along with clemson and if you think getting 70 hung on us in our first bcs game is cleaning up our mess, i'm getting ready to go low_class/blue_caddy on you.

Re: i luv when serious folks are serious and through out wake

Jun 21, 2012, 7:49 AM

winning the first ACC title in 20 years is a great start to cleaning up our mess in my opinion

yep, but crying about a conference then going out and

Jun 21, 2012, 7:55 AM

representing that conference with 70 hung on you is not.

the problem isn't winning the conference, it's the conference we won and WE had a chance to make it better and did not.

vpi and clemson win their games and swofford has more to work with, we both lost and now the acc has 2 wins in bcs games.

thanks, that's awesome.

Re: yep, but crying about a conference then going out and

Jun 21, 2012, 8:04 AM

how can WE make the rest of the conference better??

not get 70 hung on us as the conference champ for one.

Jun 21, 2012, 8:21 AM

beat scar for 2. beat aubawn and uga in coming years. not lose to usf in a secondary bowl...

all these things raise the perception of the league.

Jun 21, 2012, 7:46 AM [ in reply to i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed ]

The 1 loss teams that didnt play for the BCSNC last year included a BIG 12 team .. remember. Going undefeated is tough , but not impossible . The pursuit of perfection scares a lot of you I see... glad youre not the coach and players on the Hill before games .

how many undefeated Clemson teams have you seen in your lifetime??

Jun 21, 2012, 7:50 AM

> how many undefeated Clemson teams have you seen in
> your lifetime??

Exactly 1 . We won it all that year , so what is your argument ?

Jun 21, 2012, 7:53 AM

what makes you think we are gonna go undefeated every year and be involved in the playoff if you have only seen one undefeated team in your life?

Jun 21, 2012, 7:49 AM [ in reply to Re: i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed ]

The sky is falling , the sky is falling .

The coot-mentality has invaded our fanbase , everyone jump ship because we would be better if we joined a conference that is based out of Texas... yeah , thats a problem solver .

you got a problem with Texas?...or people from Texas?

not a big12 team, THE big12 team that lost on the road in

Jun 21, 2012, 7:50 AM [ in reply to Re: i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed ]

2 OTs to iowa state.

and they got passed by for a team that had already lost at home to the team they were to face in the title game.

GO BIG12ish, you did us all so proud.

Sometimes it is necessary to get a new mattress

Jun 21, 2012, 7:48 AM [ in reply to i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed ]

Aboslutely necessary

Re: Sometimes it is necessary to get a new mattress

THUMB UP

so get a new mattress, but if that's your analogy for

Jun 21, 2012, 7:51 AM [ in reply to Sometimes it is necessary to get a new mattress ]

playing iowa state, come again?

Re: so get a new mattress, but if that's your analogy for

Jun 21, 2012, 7:54 AM

i love people that always pick iowa state when they are trying to make a point...

do you realize that if vpi and uva were to join the big12

Jun 21, 2012, 7:58 AM

2morrow, they would immediately have the 3rd and 4th largest stadiums in that conference?

i didn't start throwing out the dukes, iowa states and wakes, speaking of wake, they won the acc a few years back, thanks tommy.

Re: so get a new mattress, but if that's your analogy for

Jun 21, 2012, 8:19 AM [ in reply to so get a new mattress, but if that's your analogy for ]

Boy, talk about beating a dead horse. I know that some of ya'll just come on here to see if you can get people's blood pressure up, but come on. If you haven't noticed lately, the people in charge only want what is best for Clemson. If they think that moving is what is best, then that is what they will do. If they think staying is what is best, then that is what they will do. The people in the know are going to do what they think is best. If you don't agree with their dissesions, get out from behind your computer and put in the work and effort to become one of the people that are in charge. To keep bringing up the same thing day-in and day-out without getting off your rear end and trying to change it by actions instead of typing on a message board, means to me that you are one of those people at work that could have a solution to a problem that your employer has been having. But, instead of bringing up a solution, you sit and complain about it day after day. If you believe that you have the answer to the problem, STOP BEING LAZY and work to get yourself in a position to help solve the problem. Or, since you like typing, type out your plan and post here so it can be critiqued.

Everytime I say something you start with the pillow talk...

Jun 21, 2012, 7:52 AM [ in reply to i luv the we sheet the bed now let's move to another bed ]

one more outburst from you and my dentures go back in.

lol... hug.

Jun 21, 2012, 7:59 AM

:)

Where do you characters get this stuff? You'll believe

Jun 21, 2012, 8:23 AM

anything. Extremely weak position? Why?

Link to revenue Split by win/lost record?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have to grasp onto something new each time

Jun 21, 2012, 8:32 AM

their previous theories are proven wrong.

Re: Where do you characters get this stuff? You'll believe

Jun 21, 2012, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Where do you characters get this stuff? You'll believe ]

Rose Bowl is Pac/B1G's claim to one playoff spot. The Champion's Bowl is the SEC/Big12's claim to another. The winner's of those games will tout the highest RPI in the nation for inherent reasons. That fills 50% of the playoff. The ACC is now therefore in a weaker position than either of these four conferences.

A selection committee has become one of the top favored methods of picking the participants according to the Commissioner's who spoke yesterday after the Chicago meeting ended.

The speculation of win/loss BCS record came from the talking heads on ESPiN.

Be civil.

Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. Some of you guys are

Jun 21, 2012, 9:13 AM

treating this as some type of political campaign and just throwing out lies and half-truths to see if anything sticks.

Rose Bowl has no claim to a semi nor does The Champion's Bowl. The Champion's Bowl is for the 2 teams who don't make final four.

Plus, you turned speculation into fact re: ESPN talking heads.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. Some of you guys are

Jun 21, 2012, 9:16 AM

FALSE....

The current recommendation going to the presidents' desks is that the selection committee chooses teams AFTER bowl games....

Message was edited by: CUAtTheFinishLine®

Ok, But he said those two bowls were the semis.***

Jun 21, 2012, 9:23 AM

Read it again, please.

Jun 21, 2012, 9:30 AM

Rose Bowl is Pac/B1G's claim to one playoff spot. The Champion's Bowl is the SEC/Big12's claim to another. The winner's of those games will tout the highest RPI in the nation for inherent reasons. That fills 50% of the playoff. The ACC is now therefore in a weaker position than either of these four conferences.

Had I said these were semis I would have said each bowl represent two playoff spots.

Ok, but it's still flat out wrong and purely speculative.***

Jun 21, 2012, 9:55 AM

Re: Ok, but it's still flat out wrong and purely speculative.***

Jun 21, 2012, 9:57 AM

Now you've stuck your head back down into the sand....

Ok, link to anything factual on it that's not speculative?

Jun 21, 2012, 9:59 AM

Then, we'll see who has their head in the sand.

Re: Ok, link to anything factual on it that's not speculative?

Jun 21, 2012, 10:04 AM

You think the fact that they signed this bowl agreement when b1g/pac already have rose, and they're pushing for a 4 team playoff by committee to be selected AFTER bowl games is all just a big ol' goofy coincidence? Come on guy....

The way they divide the revenues is speculative...

Jun 21, 2012, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Ok, but it's still flat out wrong and purely speculative.*** ]

but it came from the guys that were present at the commissioner's interviews after the meetings.

The information about a selection committee is also speculative but the fact that the commissioner's reports and suggestions to the president's who will meet next week and rehash the issue for final decision is not speculative. A selection committee is the commissioner's favorite. Neither is the fact that the Rose and Champion's will produce the highest RPI ranked winners of the post season play.

A plus one model is also being forwarded to the presidents board for consideration. Imagine that?

Good post with no spin other than the two bowls you

Jun 21, 2012, 10:11 AM

Mention being guaranteed top two slots. It's prolly a given for top 4. Last year's Rose didn't produce a top 2.

Re: Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. Some of you guys are

Jun 21, 2012, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Sorry but you're just flat out wrong. Some of you guys are ]

"Rose Bowl is Pac/B1G's claim to one playoff spot. The Champion's Bowl is the SEC/Big12's claim to another. The winner's of those games will tout the highest RPI in the nation for inherent reasons."

Come on Joe, don't start with the slander and spin. Don't ignore half of what I say so you can take the other half out of context then accuse me of outright deceiving folks. You are better than that.

"That fills 50% of the playoff. The ACC is now therefore in a weaker position than either of these four conferences."

Your whole post above is spin.***

Jun 21, 2012, 9:57 AM

Your wrong but dont let facts get in your way.

Jun 22, 2012, 1:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Where do you characters get this stuff? You'll believe ]

"If one or both of the league champions are selected to play in the playoff, another team would be selected for the Big 12-SEC bowl showdown on Jan. 1."

Talking Football Summer Edition

Jun 23, 2012, 1:16 PM [ in reply to Where do you characters get this stuff? You'll believe ]

Last wed's program 13 minute mark.

Speaking about the smaller football conferences,
"
...If your conference champion is selected for this game you promise to send them to the playoff its a participation fee. Then, after that, the bulk of the money will be split up based on participation and what you have done in the past. I'm hearing they may go all the way back to 1998 when the BCS first started and basically you get a unit for every team you get in the BCS. It's kinda like a basketball tournament, its not just how you preformed this year but how you performed over a long period of time..."

Tony Barnhart

Oh yeah, suck it.

Jun 21, 2012, 8:45 AM

We have ONLY Three choices.

#1) Stay in a very broken acc.

#2) Leave the acc and wait for one of the stronger conferences to invite us in. And if we leave the acc one will ask us quickly because they won't wait for one or the other to grab us.

#3) Remove FB from our athletic programs.

We don't have a lot of choices here. If I were our Pres. seriously. I would leave the acc yesterday. That is what I would do to get us in the open market. One of the bigs will ###### us up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't go indy just yet.

Jun 21, 2012, 9:01 AM

It's likely any prospective suitors are holding position to let the talks generate a playoff format. That might give them an edge in negotiating buyout contributions.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Jun 21, 2012, 8:57 AM

agree but the BOT and Clemson admin just do not care!! they are blind to the disaster that we are heading for!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they formed an advisory committee...

Jun 21, 2012, 9:03 AM

out of boredom.

I don't think anyone at Clemson is unaware of what is taking place in Chicago.

YeeeHaaaw! Head for the hills, Jed.***

Jun 21, 2012, 9:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Tigers, we are screwed coming and going in the ACC. ]

Re: YeeeHaaaw! Head for the hills, Jed.***

Jun 21, 2012, 10:06 AM

gotta give you a point for that. That was a funny...

i love how much time we spend talking about stuff that none

Jun 21, 2012, 10:00 AM

of us knows about, especially when we have absolutely no idea what is going on behind the scenes and what is being discussed by the people who actually make the decisions.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: i love how much time we spend talking about stuff that none

Jun 21, 2012, 10:01 AM

And what else would you like to discuss?

Purple helmets?

Re: i love how much time we spend talking about stuff that none

Jun 21, 2012, 10:10 AM [ in reply to i love how much time we spend talking about stuff that none ]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8078786/commissioners-reach-consensus-four-team-college-football-playoff

But I'm sure Swofford has our best interests at heart***

Jun 21, 2012, 10:05 AM

nm

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But I'm sure Swofford has our best interests at heart***

Jun 21, 2012, 10:07 AM

Signed,

UNC and Duke in accord

Cootslapper. Don't pay any attention to these "Sky is

Jun 21, 2012, 10:19 AM

Falling" idiots. Half of them are probably one loser that shares a bunch of different names anyway (either that "Dude" idiot or York).

You are correct when you say that we just need to start winning instead of whining. There is clearly an agenda that this tiny faction has. They are either negative Nellies that think the grass is always greener or sabateurs that are attempting to effect the situation.

Does the ACC have issues? of course. But, I am personally sick and tired of talking about THIS issue that is, at least for now, dead in water.

Re: Cootslapper. Don't pay any attention to these "Sky is

Jun 21, 2012, 10:22 AM

I have one solution to your problem....

Stop coming here you weak minded soul....

^^^forgot to thank God we don't have to listen to the accent***

Jun 21, 2012, 10:24 AM

Jun 22, 2012, 7:28 AM

A New Day is coming in 2013!!! Maybe

My mom always said, "you are the company you keep."

Jun 22, 2012, 8:32 AM

We keep company with a bad football conference.

Replies: 81
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic