Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT....

Jun 8, 2012, 8:46 PM

Coach Swinney is the best thing that has happened to Clemson in a long, long time.

This whole obsession about losing to the chickens the last three years.. one can take the view that in those three years, the Chickens were the better Football Team, and the better team won, simple as that.

Now, Clemson THIS YEAR, has a real shot of sweeping the table, and that includes beating SCAR. They have to, in order to get the NC bid.

Coach Swinney took over mid-year 1st, does anybody remember why?

His second year our offense was mediocre at best, and the DEFENSE kept us respectable

His third year, Clemson made an epic run, until they kinda' sorta' "petered out"...... and really, we had no defense, to be blunt, it was pitiful

NOW, all the pieces are in place. We have a top 5 Offense, the Defense? simple, old school smash mouth...

Now, its up to the Lads to execute...

Go Tigers!

And I wish hotel rooms were not $300 a night in Clemson on Game Weekends, till I win the lotto, I stay in Greenville, nice town though.... I digress.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK see stuff like that all the time so answer this ......

Jun 8, 2012, 8:58 PM

If we continue to play poorly the next two seasons, lose more to the coots, don't win the ACC, or win it one year but get spanked again in our BCS bowl, continue poor bowl play in general, have more blow outs, etc. do we keep Dabo?

Remember, he took over a far better program than TB. TB got the facilities, turned things around. We had top 15 recruiting classes 6 of the last 7 years.

Everyone agrees any coach should be able to show in 5 years if he's the man, and Dabo did NOT take over a rebuilding job. So after 5.5 years what are the expectations? What does Dabo, big picture, need to do to be seen as a very good coach and have everyone's support?

Everyone loves to say he's doing great, gonna be great, he's doing the right things, turning things around, bla bla bla, but what are the tangible things he has to accomplish the next 2 years?

I'm sorry, but the truth is, other than winning a very bad ACC this year his actual accomplishments are very weak. I can't imagine many fans being happy with a year like 2011 in 2013. So what do you want and need to see the next 2 years to say Dabo is our next great coach? Be specific.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not the biggest fan of the guy either but he's going

Jun 8, 2012, 9:20 PM

to be coach for the next two yrs...so you can either be a fan of Clemson and let it play out or don't. Really that simple...sitting around complaining about it isn't going to make it anymore fun for you or those around you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree but want specifics, not generic pumping.***

Jun 8, 2012, 9:37 PM

Re: I agree but want specifics, not generic pumping.***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:08 PM

That's funny !! Now YOU want specifics !! Man you are a piece of work !! Lol !!

Message was edited by: tiger49®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I agree but want specifics, not generic pumping.***

Jun 10, 2012, 8:34 AM [ in reply to I agree but want specifics, not generic pumping.*** ]

You want specifics on something that may or may not happen???

Re: I'm not the biggest fan of the guy either but he's going

Jun 9, 2012, 4:39 PM [ in reply to I'm not the biggest fan of the guy either but he's going ]

Some people are not happy unless they are complaining. Many are in the habit and don't realize they are addicted.
It is a choice. I challenge ANYONE who is in that habit to try and go a few hours, a day, a week without saying something negative. At that split second moment, LOOK for something good in the situation, and substitute that comment. You'll then find how serious your Negative Habit has become.
It's a life changer. (and likely your physical and mental health!) Make the positively right choice!
GO TIGERS!!!
:)

I fully expect Dabo to win the Division and then ....

Jun 8, 2012, 9:24 PM [ in reply to OK see stuff like that all the time so answer this ...... ]

we will face UVa for the Conference title. VaTech IMHO is over-rated... the Coach in C'ville is awesome, he is "their" Dabo....

FSU? again over-rated. EVERYONE says they have no Offense, great "D" though... WE have a great "O", our "D" is the wildcard. Given that, a great offense WILL score against a great D, not huge, but good enough. They key this year is our Defense. If its good, not great, but good enough to keep opponents in the lower 20's, we have a shot at the NC...

THE YEAR AFTER, skys the limit, all the players "well aged"... gotta go!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Not expectations. What must he do in 2013 to be the

Jun 8, 2012, 9:40 PM

coach pumpers think he is? Where do we need to be ranked? Is a loss to USC acceptable? Do we need to win the ACC? Our bowl game? Are blow outs in 2013 acceptable? I said no generic pumping or personal assumptions. I said tell me specifically what he must do in 2012 & 2013 to be a very good HC?

Dabo has most people's support...

Jun 8, 2012, 9:34 PM [ in reply to OK see stuff like that all the time so answer this ...... ]

There are a few that don't support him and continue to find ways to criticize. Weren't you saying last year that you wanted an ACC title? Wasn't that supposed to be some measuring stick? Well, Clemson won one and now you insult the quality of the conference. And you have absolutely NO ability to consider the era or keep things in context. Bill Wilhelm did a tremendous job at Clemson. However, his record in Omaha was dreadful. Clemson went 5 straight years in the early 80s without even making the NCAA tournament. Clemson went to Omaha once in a 13 year period while he was the coach. Coach Leggett hasn't gone more than 4 years without a trip to Omaha. He also didn't have to deal with the internet and all the coverage of his signees and all the HS tournaments that coach Leggett has to face. College sports have changed tremendously in the last 25 years and you can't admit that. For the most part, the ACC was awful in football and baseball in the 1980s and is significantly better now than it was then. Danny Ford didn't have to deal with the 85 scholarship limit or the APR. There were more scholarships and fewer 1A teams during the 80s.

well, there was a time we dominated the conference and we

Jun 8, 2012, 9:52 PM

beat the likes of Penn State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, and WVU in bowl games and we were never laughed at on a national stage.

Yeah, we won the ACC but that is only impressive to Clemson and ACC fans.

But the conference sucked...

Jun 8, 2012, 9:56 PM

"dominating" the ACC in the 1980s wasn't much of an accomplishment.

No but we backed it up by beating teams in bowl games...

Jun 8, 2012, 9:59 PM

great teams with great coaches. Now, we don't do that and just the opposite, we gave up the most points in a BCS bowl game.

Re: But the conference sucked...

Jun 8, 2012, 9:59 PM [ in reply to But the conference sucked... ]

absolutely not true!! the ACC was MUCH STRONGER then than now!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it wasn't...

Jun 8, 2012, 10:05 PM

FSU wasn't a part of it and most of the other schools had a good year or two here and there, but none was consistently successful. Virginia was "white meat", and basically the conference title came down to the winner of the Clemson/Maryland game.

this brings up an interesting point.

Jun 8, 2012, 10:11 PM

let's assume the ACC was bad back then. Well, we gained respect nationwide b/c a) we won the ACC, b) we dominated our rival and c) we won bowl games against top teams.

Now, we win the ACC but we lose to our rival and we barely beat questionable teams in bowl games and give up the most points in BCS bowl game history.

The world outside the ACC doesn't respect Clemson's ACC Championship b/c the other things that used to bolster our championships, we aren't accomplishing.

Dabo's good. He's not great and he's not bad.

Re: this brings up an interesting point.

Jun 8, 2012, 10:19 PM

But he will get better b/c he has the energy, drive, and love for our Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope you're right. I really feel like our LBs hold the

Jun 8, 2012, 10:23 PM

key to our success this year. I know our OL is important but I think it's critical that our LBs lead our defense.

Bingo...

Jun 9, 2012, 12:29 PM

I think our LB play will make or break our season, pretty much (and don't tell anyone, but I think our D-line is going to be better than expected... keep it on the DL). O-line is also a big if, and so is Tajh with a "sophomore" slump. But, defense wins championships. Hopefully Venebles has them ready. I think they'll be more ready this year than they've been in a long time.

And I agree. Dabo is not a great coach. You can't really obtain greatness in anything in 3 years.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

I want to win a gold medal in the Olympics. If I want it bad

Jun 8, 2012, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: this brings up an interesting point. ]

enough it will happen, right?

Re: I want to win a gold medal in the Olympics. If I want it bad

Jun 9, 2012, 6:29 AM

you got the talent?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's look at the ACC in the 1980s...

Jun 8, 2012, 10:25 PM [ in reply to this brings up an interesting point. ]

Virginia 2-9
Duke 6-5
NC State 6-5
UNC 8-4
Maryland 8-4
Wake Forest 3-8

Georgia Tech 3-8
Virginia 6-5
Duke 3-8
NC State 3-8
UNC 8-4
Maryland 8-4

Virginia 8-4
Georgia Tech 6-4
Duke 2-9
NC State 3-8
Wake Forest 6-5
Maryland 9-3

Georgia Tech 9-2
Virginia 6-5
Duke 4-7
NC State 3-8
Wake Forest 4-7
UNC 5-6
Maryland 9-3

Georgia Tech 5-6
Virginia 3-8
Duke 4-7
NC State 8-3 beat Clemson
Wake Forest 5-6
UNC 7-5
Maryland 5-5-1 tied Clemson

Georgia Tech 2-9
Virginia 8-4
Duke 5-6
NC State 4-7 beat Clemson
Wake Forest 7-4
UNC 5-6
Maryland 4-7

And we played BC w/Flutie, and had a great rivalry w/UGa ...

Jun 8, 2012, 11:51 PM [ in reply to this brings up an interesting point. ]

and outplayed FSU in '88 and blistered them in '89, and then the huge bowl wins year after year.

10 wins, conf champ, beat your rival, win bowl game.

Jun 9, 2012, 12:36 AM

those should be our goals every year.

We got 2 of 4. Not bad. Not great though. This year, I want at least 3 of them.

Re: But the conference sucked...

Jun 8, 2012, 11:01 PM [ in reply to But the conference sucked... ]

It still isnt much of an accomplishment

You change your opinions at the drop of a hat according to

Jun 8, 2012, 11:15 PM [ in reply to But the conference sucked... ]

What opinion is needed at the time. Bottom line , nobody wanted a part of Clemson back then. End of story.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't change my opinions.***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:16 PM

The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:48 PM [ in reply to But the conference sucked... ]

No its not. Ther are more possible losses, and regardless...

Jun 8, 2012, 11:51 PM

We lost to teams we should beat in the 80's.

Re: No its not. Ther are more possible losses, and regardless...

Jun 9, 2012, 3:12 AM

Yea we still lost to teams that we should not have lost to in the 80s,but they were few and far between,but very seldom did we get embarassed like we do now,we lost 4 in 2011 and none were close!ALL were blow outs

"few and far between".. NONSENSE. Losses to teams we

Jun 9, 2012, 1:51 PM

should have beat cost us national title runs in several seasons. And yes, they were ABSOLUTELY embarrassing. The only difference between now and then is we didn't have yahoos on the internet blowing it up and harping on it all over the world wide web. A loss is a loss is a loss.

Prove it.***

Jun 8, 2012, 11:52 PM [ in reply to The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.*** ]

Re: The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.***

Jun 9, 2012, 12:43 PM [ in reply to The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.*** ]

In the 80's there was no scholarship limit of 85 players. Say what you want, but when I was there as a football manager we brought in 120 freshmen a year. We still got our butts kicked outside the ACC. Of course we had the rule that football players had to make higher on SAT than regular students.
At least 1/3 of the varsity baseball team were on football scholarship. That was a huge help in distribution of baseball schollys.
Schools like Alabama would hoard players just to keep other schools from getting them.
Sure we have had some great years 1949 -undefeated. Several good years. In some ways, 1981 NC was worst thing that happened because it gave people like you unreal expectations. Yes we have had good bowl wins. Last year's OB is not typical of our performance, yet you want it to define us. It is what happens when a team gives up. That was not the coaches fault. It is the mind of 18-22 y-o guys who panicked.
If you look at Clemson outside the ACC, we are not a powerhouse nor have we we ever been consistantly. In his last year, Danny was luckly not to be the first coach to lose to VA. See what his record was at Arky... I don't think he could make a comeback, because the game has passed him by.
What are my specific expectations? Be competitive in every game. Win the ACC or at least play in the Championship game. Maintain a winning record against USC. Recuit players that we can be proud of. Go to a bowl every year or say 8 out of 10 years min.
What can derail this? Injuries -esp to key players (where would we be if Boyd blows out a knee in the first week of fall practice?)No coach can predict injuries. Also, with 85 player limit - injuries become more critical. And, if a player doesn't pan out (see MB)it shows. This is why we have been weak at O-line and LB. Low Country and others like you have a distorted view of what our sports record is. I have a feeling that Dabo could go undefeated for 5 years running and still not be good enough for you...

Not so fast, flawed logic, 1st from 78-91 there was a 95

Jun 9, 2012, 1:17 PM

limit. We're only talking 10 more scholarships. Also, as things went from 95 to 85 that should help teams that are already good, but we went down while many programs passed us. But the main reason your logic is flawed is everyone played by the same rules then just as everyone plays by the same rules now. We weren't getting 95 while everyone else got 85. It doesn't matter how many scholarships there are when everyone has the same limit.

Also, the 85 limit creating parity is a myth. There have been at least 3 articles written about it over the past few years where they did the research, unfortunately none of the links are working, but in a nutshell .... when we first went to 85 schollies it made a difference and the winning percentages at the traditional top 20 programs dropped, but they rebounded and over the past 10 years the teams that consistently finished in the top 20 back in the 70s and 80s actually have higher winning percentages now than before the 85 limit change.

Below are two links, but I cannot find the really in-depth article I read a year or so ago. It had excellent research that proved parity is a myth.

Here is a C&P to an article Ron Morris wrote about it. The link the guy posted is no longer working, but the article in full was C&P'd ...

http://www.sectalk.com/board/topic/55274-is-there-really-parity-in-college-football/

Here another link about it ...

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2011/story?id=7143623&_slug_=john-gasaway-state-game-myth-parity-college-basketball&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb%2fpreview2011%2fstory%3fid%3d7143623%26_slug_%3djohn-gasaway-state-game-myth-parity-college-basketball

Re: Not so fast, flawed logic, 1st from 78-91 there was a 95

Jun 9, 2012, 2:48 PM

Well as usual you misinterperted what I said. No one said we were playing with different rules. I said the 85 scholly limit makes injuries more costly. Also, if a kid doesn't pan out, you have less players to fill the gap. Never said a word about parity. you talk about others misreading you -follow your own advice.

Faddy never follows his own "advice". He's as hypocritical

Jun 9, 2012, 2:50 PM

as they come. He knows it. It's just part of the charade.

No you missed my point, since everyone plays by the same

Jun 9, 2012, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Not so fast, flawed logic, 1st from 78-91 there was a 95 ]

rules it doesn't matter. Every team has injuries, every team loses players for different reasons. It's still equal.

And frankly you aren't very in tune with Clemson football to have been a manger in the 80s. From 1977 till 1991 we were one of the top programs in the country. Did you sleep through our games vs. UGa, OK, Penn State, FSU etc. etc.? We were the 5th winningest program in the country during the 80s.

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/schools/a/winningest-programs-of-the-1980s.htm

Anyone that says the NC was the worst thing to happen to Clemson needs their head examined. GT, VT, and other programs that don't have what we have have played for or won national championships. No one is telling them their expectations are unrealistic. And with our success during that 15 year period how can anyone say our expectations are too high? Winning at a high level for 15 years is no fluke.

Re: The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.***

Jun 9, 2012, 4:53 PM [ in reply to Re: The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.*** ]

Excellent post.
Thank you!
GO TIGERS!!!

The OB is not typical? We had a losing season in 2010 and

Jun 9, 2012, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: The quality of play in the ACC is worse now than the 80s.*** ]

were blown out in 4 games in 2011. When you get blown out in almost 25% of your games it is typical.

Seriously, you facts are so far off base its laughable!!

What years were you a manager. I was at CU 84-88 and knew several of them quite well.

Re: well, there was a time we dominated the conference and we

Jun 8, 2012, 9:58 PM [ in reply to well, there was a time we dominated the conference and we ]

and during that time the ACC was MUCH STRONGER than it is now!!

whoa, baseballfan said it wasn't a big accomplishment.***

Jun 8, 2012, 9:59 PM

Re: whoa, baseballfan said it wasn't a big accomplishment.***

Jun 8, 2012, 10:01 PM

he has been very wrong about lots of other things also!!LOL

I should TD you for making me spit beer on the monitor.

Jun 8, 2012, 10:07 PM

hahahahahahahahaha.

Re: I should TD you for making me spit beer on the monitor.

Jun 8, 2012, 10:12 PM

O a drunk that explains it

it gets us to a bcs game so must be pretty good accomplishment****

Jun 8, 2012, 11:42 PM [ in reply to whoa, baseballfan said it wasn't a big accomplishment.*** ]

In his first 3 years of coaching he's achieved things we

Jun 8, 2012, 9:53 PM [ in reply to OK see stuff like that all the time so answer this ...... ]

haven't done in 20 or 30 years. And it's clearly ramping up. It took your coach, with his tons of experience + cheating, 7 years to show some life. And even with that, he still hasn't accomplished more than our rookie coach. Your coaches time is winding down, and ours is just beginning.

It kills you. And it's hilarious.

Re: No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT....

Jun 8, 2012, 9:45 PM

HAHA...Best thing thats happened to clemson???

Jun 8, 2012, 9:51 PM

what is the point of this post

your thoughts and opinions are just that...YOUR thoughts and opinions

some people have different ones

get over it

it's like a dem trying to talk a pub into voting for bho

not gonna happen...argue in a thread, no sense in making one

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 9:54 PM

Don't apologize to him. He sure is unapologetic about his hourly attacks on Dabo.

The coots have nicer things to say about Dabo. The guy disrespect our coach and thereby disrespects everyone of us and everything else Clemson.

When a coach is hired he is given no less that four or five years to prove his medal. He lit in on Dabo before he even got out of the gate. He has more scoks than a walmart superstore to back him up with points and 'attaboys.' He acts just like a coot sticking his nose in every crack and reporting what it smells like here on T-Net daily.

I have no idea what Clemson did to him but I swear it must have been awful. He acts like a scorned woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I have no idea what Clemson did to him..."

Jun 8, 2012, 10:06 PM

Answer: Clemson has beat the snot out of his beloved ##### for most of his entire life. It's driven the guy mad. He's been this way for at least 15 years now. Trust me.

The folks who are believing his contrived works of fiction are being entirely too gullible. Just for starters, everyone he said would vouch for him has denied ever hearing of the guy, or more accurately, the alias he uses. I spoke with 3 people he once said he knew..NONE of them ever heard of him.

The effort he puts into the charade reeks of some serious issues. The guy is off his rocker.

Gentlemen, what amazes me is that t-net...

Jun 9, 2012, 3:15 PM

puts up with his chit day in and day out. You think if we chipped in and gave him his money back crump would go along with it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2012, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT.... ]

Point for the scorn woman!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2012, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Re: No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT.... ]

:-D

Jun 8, 2012, 10:04 PM

I think what Lowcountry_Racounteur is saying is that Dabo has done some good things but we still have a ways to go to get to where we all would like to see the program. I like many people were not in favor of the Dabo hire......personally I think Clemson could have done better and I do not think Clemson is the kind of job that we have to hire someone that is learning as they go. I do not think Clemson is the kind of program that should hire someone that would not even have gotten an interview for a coordinator position at a lot of schools, let alone the HC position. That being said, he is our coach and I hope he continues to improve and grows in the job. But as has been pointed out in numerous posts, our team still showed far too many Bowdenesque qualities last year in the 4 losses. Nobody knows what we'll do going forward.....we could have a very mediocre 7-5 year in 2012 or we could be 12-0. A lot of us think the jury is still out on Dabo. And yes, the chickens have had the best teams they have ever had (safe maybe the 1984 edition) but that is no excuse. That does make it ok to lose to them 3 years running. So let's hope Dabo continues to improve and we continue to move in the right direction as a program. I certainly am not calling for Dabo's job but at the same time, I do not want to make the mistake we made with Bowden and lock ourselves into a long term contract with a ridiculous buyout either. Let's see how things go over the next couple of seasons and go from there.

Jun 8, 2012, 10:10 PM

You haven't read very many of his post have you!!!

Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: No disrepect intended to Lowcountry_Raconteur, BUT.... ]

Great post!

Re: OK see stuff like that all the time so answer this ......

Jun 8, 2012, 11:47 PM

Bo glass is 80 percent full at least. U need dr lou positive motivational class. Your argument is flawed. Go tigers

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Logic Of Our "Peers" ....

Jun 8, 2012, 11:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

Jun 9, 2012, 1:43 AM

It doesnt matter how bad the conference is ..bottom line is somebody has to win..doubt the ess eee cee feels sorry for teams that may be on downside..#### straight just win your conference and go on about your business

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2012, 1:45 AM

and 1 last thing,the guy posting has his OWN AGENDA..it doesnt matter what Dabo does, it aint good enough

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's crap like this...

Jun 9, 2012, 2:11 PM

Dabo IS NOT the best thing to happen to Clemson. I fail to see how losing 3 of 4 bowl games and 3 of 4 to South Carolina is success. We go through this "run the table" garbage every year. Every year.

Wake up people. We are above average- that's all. Some of you are happy with it. I'm not.

No one is saying last year was the peak and no one is saying

Jun 9, 2012, 2:14 PM

we should be content with that position. What are you talking about?

Re: No one is saying last year was the peak and no one is saying

Jun 9, 2012, 3:02 PM

simple, no matter what, some will never accept Dabo.
1. He wasn't their choice
2. He wasn't a name coach - maybe they think we should copy USC?
3. He doesn't cuss, or chew - a Christain man with good caracter can't be a good coach...
4. Unrealistic expectations - too much x-box.
5. Thinks just because they love Clemson, everyone wants to coach there and play there -not so...

How many WR coaches jumped to HC at a major program

Jun 9, 2012, 6:50 PM

besides Dabo? Or any position coach for that matter.

If we had been serious about winning in 2008 like we seem to be now thanks to Wilkins, Dabo would not be our HC. Dabo was hired b/c Barker wasn't serious about football and he was cheap.

How many WR coaches have

Jun 9, 2012, 8:49 PM

won 2 division titles and a conference championship within his first 3 years of head coaching?

You're too easy, Faddy.

What?

Jun 10, 2012, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: No one is saying last year was the peak and no one is saying ]

I look at results. I think Dabo's results aren't good enough. Period. It has nothing to do with his name, celebrity status, religious convictions, or shoe size.

Jun 9, 2012, 4:46 PM

Clemson fans think Dabo is the best thing that has happen to Clemson.

USC fans think Dabo @ Clemson is the best thing for USC.

I guess for the first time in a long time everyone is happy!

Jun 10, 2012, 12:09 AM

I second this sir!

Jun 10, 2012, 5:58 AM

i'll gladly take a loss against usuc if that means we win our conf. and go to the bcs, but starting this year, i'll have to take a win against usuc,and still go to the bcs,'cause i don't see no way the chickens can beat us.

Jun 10, 2012, 8:09 AM

Specifics for the next two years? How about this

Offense ranked in the top 10
defense ranked in the top 20

beat USuC the next two years.
in both ACC championship games.
dominate the ACC

Forget the NC talk, we need to dominate the ACC before we will be able to even think about NC. If we do not want to be embarassed again, concentrate on the ACC.

Once we can show we are elite again, then worry about all the NC hype and B12 crap.

Dabo is a great recruiter - player and coach. He has responded to every problem that has occured, so far. And yes, Lowcountry, Dabo is rebuilding. Maybe not froma player perspective, but definitely froma coaching perspective. Spence? Napier?

He promoted Napier!! Helloooooooooo!!***

Jun 10, 2012, 5:26 PM

Jun 10, 2012, 11:29 PM

With a new line and a new D-coordinator that sees the triple option...how much? Ga Tech OWNS Clemson right now. TD as much as you want, but if you do, it is because you cannot face objectivity and don't know the history of the Ga Tech-Clemson series the past 7 years

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic