Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Here's what has the capons fuming.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 3,026

Here's what has the capons fuming.....

Dec 2, 2011, 8:21 AM

They had exactly 5 days to savor something they had waited to see for 40 years. And they were getting mighty miles of mental satisfaction with it.

Then, in just under 3 minutes, Dabo reached out and ripped it away.

Yes they have the win this year. Yes, they have bragging rights. Yes, classy Clemson fans stood, shook their hands and said, "Congrats."

But that's all they got....and after 5 days, it's all gone.

Because in those few minutes the insurance salesman reminded them of their place in history. They will ALWAYS be capons, second fiddle to THE University of South Carolina. No one outside of their little feathery sphere thinks of them as "Carolina" or "USC." ####, most don't think of them at all.

For a few blissful days in the land of the Cockroach, they had been able to forget all that. And in a few minutes, it was all taken away again. Back to being the dirt-peckers of academia.

The only power these clowns have over us is what we give them. I propose we give them no further, and set ourselves to claiming another prize they will NEVER see ... a BCS bowl.

And if they don't like it, perhaps the capons should rally behind a coach with class, rather than one who likes to sling one-liners, then cower behind a human shield when it comes back on him.

Tweet that! GEE-HAW'D!!

Message was edited by: RevDodd®

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what has the capons fuming.....

Dec 2, 2011, 8:23 AM

100%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

preach on Rev

Dec 2, 2011, 8:26 AM

kinda like putting a tiara on a meth queen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah! What he said!***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:28 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And more of it!***

Dec 2, 2011, 11:12 AM

I like Dabo. Seriously.

Dec 2, 2011, 8:33 AM

He seems like a pretty good guy. I think that some of his Ric Flair antics are a bit over the top, but if you guys like that, I have no issue with it. I don't think he's much of an Xs and Os guy, but he may be a coach that is a great leader who who gets Xs and Os guys under him. Morris may be an example.

But Rev, lol, I'm not at all "fuming" at Dabo Swinney this morning...I'm laughing at him. He went into a complete tirade about a quote that Spurrier didn't even make. Ellis said in the paper this morning that he added the part at the end. Dabo let a misquote rile him up, and now he has egg on his face. He looks pretty frustrated and desperate exploding 5 days after the game over that, lol.

The better response would have been "We are playing for a championship this weekend, so I don't have time for any quotes by Spurrier."

Instead Ric Flair took over.

I like all you almond huggers

Dec 2, 2011, 8:39 AM

That feel like you have to come to a Clemson site everyday and "talk sports". Ask me how often I got to your slum of a board. Keep huggin peanut.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like Dabo. Seriously.

Dec 2, 2011, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

i loved it, ole ball sack has been making remarks for a while, it was great to call his a$$ OUT.

LOL...Your comments are always good for a laugh

Dec 2, 2011, 8:41 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

10,325 of them. Thank you. LOL

Rowdy, please show me where Dabo said Spurrious said it.***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:42 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clearly he thinks so.

Dec 2, 2011, 8:45 AM

With the whole "that's disappointing but I haven't heard a rebutal" so he assumes it to be true and rants.

If it was just completely unprompted regardless of who said it, then that makes him look even sillier.

Kind of reminds me of this commercial with the way it has played out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvo7zo8FGJg

Rowdy you know #### well he has taken shots

Dec 2, 2011, 8:48 AM

at Dabo and Clemson the whole time he has been there. He takes shots at programs all the time. Its good that somebody fires back at his arrogant popous ###. Screw him.

OK, if we go by the video...

Dec 2, 2011, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Clearly he thinks so. ]

David asks Dabo about "Spurrier's quote."

Dabo replies he doesn't know if Spurrier said that...I guess he did.

Given Spurrious's history for such, it's a reasonable assumption. Certainly no one doubted it, and Spurrious was willing to bask in it until it got thrown back at him.

Then he was all too happy, as usual, to toss someone else under the bus for it.

It's his standard M.O. and no one who doesn't have feathers for brains is buying it.

That is EXACTLY correct. Spurrier was cowardly in the

Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 PM

way he handled this. Always is. A quote is out there attributed to him...he'll let it go as long as there's no heat. But the head coach of Clemson calls him on it and he backhandedly calls him stupid while saying that he didn't say it. Didn't comment on the fact that school officials are crediting him with the comment. Didn't comment on the quote's content. Just calls Dabo stupid.

I figure it went like this for Gamecocks:

1) Spurrier is quoted -- They love him. Awesome quote...way to stick it to those Tigers.
2) Dabo responds in a fashion that humiliates South Carolina.
3) Spurrier steps away from it -- Gamecocks now love the fact that he DIDN'T say it.

Ridiculous.

But at the end of the day, it's time to move on. We have work to do and they do not. They beat us for the third year in a row...all the credit in the world, but it's done and we have to move on.

null

Re: Clearly he thinks so.

Dec 2, 2011, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Clearly he thinks so. ]

No, what Swinney basically said was this!! He had 4 days to refute what multiple media outlets were quoting him as saying. If , anyone ever quotes me not only out of context but out of line, I would`ve spoken up the next day.
See, Spurrier knew this. It wasn`t being reported by the Florence Gazette!! It was being reported byt every major new outlet, including ESPN that he said it. What Spurrier liked was, this was a recruiting TOOL to use along with 3 wins, etc.!! But, when he was called on it, he then sheepishly says , I didn`t say it. Ellis says he said it, fine, he`s the one. BTW, sure did like Jim Phillips and Bob Fulton. Both of those men had so much class, it would`ve never came out of their mouth.
Do you also deny that Spurrier has a history of one liners just like this. It is his mantra!! He brought the attention on himself.
Lastly, Dabo didn`t say what he said for SC fans nor their coach to love. He said facts as Clemson sees them.
At the end of the day, Spurrier could`ve just denied it , IN THE MEDIA, as he should have. Secondly, Dabo should`ve called Spurrier and hashed it out and asked him to set it straight , IN THE MEDIA. Cause if he didn`t what he was doing would be saying he didn`t say it privately, but still reaping the benefits of the statement openly!! But Spurrier loved the comment and wasn`t gonna rebut nothing until he was called out!!

exactly dead on!!! ***

Dec 2, 2011, 11:31 AM

Dec 2, 2011, 8:43 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

kinda weird that every news organization on the planet printed the quote and attributed it to superior. methinks old todd, know superior fluffer, may be falling on superiors sword on this one if you catch my drift.

Who said it ultimately doesn't matter.

Dec 2, 2011, 9:07 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

The fact is, the quote has been owned by the entirety of the USC nation. Websites official and unofficial have posted it, gloated with it, shoved it in our faces all week long. Only AFTER Dabo went off did people suddenly start making retractions. That quote has become the symbol of USC football. So it no longer matters who said it. It belongs to ALL of you.

And now that the sentiment has been turned around and used against you, you still own it. Because Dabo is right. USC is not and will never be Clemson.

Dec 2, 2011, 9:11 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

And it still has Gamecock fans fuming. Obviously it offended you as well or you would not have felt the need to comment. Dabo did say "if" Spurrier said it and he did not personally insult Spurrier as Spurrier did to him. Dabo simply stated the facts.

Obviously someone from the Gamecock community said it, Spurrier did not object to he being attributed as the originator and Carolina fans seemed to find the comment to be perfectly acceptable as they quoted it with pride accross the message boards. Based on that, I believe that the ##### needed a reminder who their Daddy is! Thanks Dabo!

Dec 2, 2011, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

Ric Flair?? Ive never seen him with our coach????

Tirade? do you even know what that is? Dabo never once raised his voice all he done was put SOS in his place. He didn't have to go into a tirade it's to easy to do that and it only took 4 minutes.

You so badly WANT what we ARE, probably why you

Dec 2, 2011, 9:38 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

hang out here. Just go away!

Can you threepeat that?

Dec 2, 2011, 9:45 AM

I didn't catch all of it, thx.

He could repeat it 65 times, you still wouldn't get it

Dec 2, 2011, 3:36 PM

#######.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Seriously...why are you even here?***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:49 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

My times on FGF = # of SCU's Football Titles

Dec 2, 2011, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

I have no desire to go to their message board. I am not a Gamecock and never will be. There is no reason for me to be there. Same reason I don't go to games in Columbia and wear Clemson clothes. Same reason I don't go to Clemson bowl games decked out in Gamecock junk.

I see all of this all the time and it makes no sense to me. The grass is always greener on the other side except when you are talking about being on Clemson's side. Its not greener over there. That is why their chickens come to our fields to roost. They need something to talk about and Gamecock football is NOT it.

Go TIGERS! BEAT THE Turkeys!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think anyone asked you.

Dec 2, 2011, 3:08 PM [ in reply to I like Dabo. Seriously. ]

TigerNet were a restaurant, I would pour my beer on you.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

As always, your posts are pure quality.

Dec 2, 2011, 8:41 AM

nm

If you want a coot to shut up...

Dec 2, 2011, 8:43 AM

ignore him. That's exactly what Dabo should have done. Dabo likes to spout the "we need to put this game behind us" crap, well that's what he should have done. He should have looked at the reporter and said "we play Va. Tech this weekend."

Spurrier has handed Dabo his butt on a platter the past 3 years. As much as I hate it, that has earned them the right to talk smack, whether it's their coach, their players, their goofy announcer, or their fans. That's what a rivalry is. We (fans, coaches, and players) need to suck it up and stop acting like a bunch of whining pansies.

Re: If you want a coot to shut up...

Dec 2, 2011, 8:58 AM

And SC fans need to quit whinning about the truth. They should be focused on their bragging rights.But no, they are all over here on our site gripping about Dabo stating the truth!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 8:43 AM

Excellent!

HOF!***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:48 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ROFL...now that's good stuff right there !!!!***

Dec 2, 2011, 8:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Bump***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:20 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As usual...RIGHT ON, Rev!***

Dec 2, 2011, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2011, 9:35 AM

Not really. It is not all gone. We have won 3 in a row. I am pretty sure most Gamecock fans know the history of the series and know that Clemson has dominated the series.

Clemson will have the upper hand in talking about the series record whether or not we win the game. Winning the game is still important we hold the trophy. Talking about the series record does not change that. It changes the conversation, but it does not change the current state champion.

It's logical for Clemson to want to talk about the series history and logical for USC to want to talk about the most recent games.

"That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection."

Dec 2, 2011, 9:41 AM

"Overruled!"

Ahh, but you seem to be a reasonable Gamecock....

Dec 2, 2011, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Here's what has the capons fuming..... ]

...and in that realm of the rivalry, there is generally bantering, not vitriol. That's the realm I personally prefer to shake hands afterward and go on with life.

But the unholy, uncivil enematic spewing that has accompanied last Saturday's outcome required someone stepping forward and placing things in their proper historic perspective.

Dabo has done that. And the dirt-peckers who came pouring from the coop now find the landscape hasn't changed ... and they cannot abide it.

They cannot abide that the Sons of Clemson still stand proud ... even if it took the bulk of us a few days to remember who we are. They cannot abide the fact that they are still what they were in the realm of college football.

They waited 30 years, built up their dreams about what it would feel like. And as the staggering realization that this is going to be as good as it gets washes over them, and that the world truly doesn't care, the words of the insurance salesman who is playing for a BCS bowl tomorrow sting all the more.

Dec 2, 2011, 9:41 AM

Fuming? We're laughing our butts off as is most of the rest of the nation. This is freakin' hilarious...

Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing

Dec 2, 2011, 9:44 AM

SCU fans are "laughing" because deep down they can't refute anything Dabo said. They are PISSED that their thunder from last weekend has been taken away.

Re: Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing

Dec 2, 2011, 9:54 AM

You guys are delusional. We've physically dominated you three years in a row. You think some State Farm salesman reminiscing about "the good old days of Clemson Football," of which incidentally he had no part, is going to effect our outlook and enjoyment of that? Dream on...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 9:57 AM

I asked you to provide EVIDENCE of something you SAID (that the nation is laughing at us) and you come back with insults about how we are delusional. Keep it up, clucker.

At least we have a history to be proud of at Clemson. What does SCU have? A history of cellar dwelling, criminal records, and doo-doo ice.

Again, where is this proof that the rest of the nation is laughing at us?

Re: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 10:03 AM

It's posted down below under JoMo's post Einstein.

again...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dec 2, 2011, 10:06 AM

You can see the feathers of the author of that BLOG, not a respectable one either.

Seriously, if that is all you got then you might as well just give it up. You are reaching. Next thing you might show me is a doctored Wikipedia page with the way you are going. No need to make up lies about this.

Dec 2, 2011, 9:55 AM [ in reply to Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing ]

Haahahaha, reality check much. We all know history and we prefer to quote the most relevant history, the recent history. 3peat and two Baseball National Championships. What have you done for me lately?

Dec 2, 2011, 9:56 AM

http://www.dixiefriedsports.com/Dabo_Swinney_Problems.html

Oh boy a blog by a coot....FAIL***

Dec 2, 2011, 10:04 AM

Epic Fail***

Dec 2, 2011, 10:07 AM

ROFL. Pretty sure some 2nd graders blog that looks like it

Dec 2, 2011, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing ]

designed by someone who knows diddly about web design and is clearly a cock-lover does not qualify for the "pulse of the nation". ROFL. What a clown. Please take your drivel elsewhere. Your feigned attempts to act like you aren't furious over the commentary are so transparent! Get over it! Hahahahah

Re: ROFL. Pretty sure some 2nd graders blog that looks like it

Dec 2, 2011, 10:22 AM

Funny, one of your own just posted the same blog and noted the author used to praise you. This just keeps getting better and better. Amazing that you guys can't see this as a desperation move by the State Farm salesman. He's played you guys. Instead of calling for his head for allowing your program to become soft; you guys are slurping him. Hilarious...

Funny you can't see the desperation of your fan base

Dec 2, 2011, 10:25 AM

swarming over to Tigernet to try and "laugh" at us.

Re: Funny you can't see the desperation of your fan base

Dec 2, 2011, 10:35 AM

Everyone loves a good joke...And we're just enjoying in the festivities of the joke that is the State Farm salesman and his ability to manipulate his minions...

It was a coot troll (probably yourself?) Nice try, though

Dec 2, 2011, 10:32 AM [ in reply to Re: ROFL. Pretty sure some 2nd graders blog that looks like it ]

I actually don't disagree with you, that it may be a PR stunt type of move. I also don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment that USCjr has the better program at the present. But it's hilarious how much this has gotten under USCjr fans' skin, as evidenced by so many of you flooding our forums with nonsense. Get over it, it happened. The entire rant was factual and the only remotely offensive bit was the last line.

Re: It was a coot troll (probably yourself?) Nice try, though

Dec 2, 2011, 10:44 AM

No one is disputing the fact that historically you have owned the rivalry. Facts are facts. What's hilarious though is how following the game everyone on here was ready to run the State Farm salesman out of town on a rail and now he's a cult hero. And no one on here can seem to see through that. Everyone on here thinks the State Farm salesman showed Spurrier up; all he did was make himself and his supporters look like delusional buffoons. This rivalry has changed. You used to be the physical team that punished us on the LOS and with stifling D and we were the finesse team. Now, it's the exact opposite and it's not going to change UNLESS you guys alter your approach. And all the huff and puff from the State Farm salesman isn't going to change that fact. And yet, rather than recognizing that fact, your clinging to the past like a pair of 80s parachute pants. We used to cling to "Wait 'til next year." Now, you're clinging to history.

dixiefriedsports.com? really?***

Dec 2, 2011, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing ]

Dec 2, 2011, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Please provide evidence of the rest of the nation laughing ]

No actually dabo made it taste that much better.
www.daboswinneyproblems.com

A dead link to a tigernet page that is no longer there?

Dec 2, 2011, 10:18 AM

Bravo!! Another FAIL by a coot.

And by evidence, I don't mean Coot homer webpages that look like they were designed by grade schoolers, with writing skills to match.

Re: A dead link to a tigernet page that is no longer there?

Dec 2, 2011, 10:48 AM

Keep telling yourself that... tigernet was to embarrassed to let me link the site.

Dec 2, 2011, 10:53 AM

No you just have no clue how to hyperlink properly. Move along now kid.

Dec 2, 2011, 11:19 AM

You mad bro?

you tell 'em rev!***

Dec 2, 2011, 10:51 AM

Dec 2, 2011, 11:53 AM

I hope you guys can sign Dabo to a multi year contract. This is comic relief at its best. You just can't make this stuff up. Spurrier is all in Dabo's head. Good way to try to deflect the heat he must be feeling. After 3 in a row the natives must be resless, after all we are the mighty tiggers, how can they beat us, it must be a dream and we'll wake up soon. Boosters better get the wallets open, you need to turn this thing around somehow.

40 years***

Dec 2, 2011, 11:55 AM

Thanks! If I could do math, I wouldn't be doing this!***

Dec 2, 2011, 2:51 PM

Replies: 62
| visibility 3,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic