Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So we're playing in the ACC Chamiponship Game for the 2nd
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

So we're playing in the ACC Chamiponship Game for the 2nd

Nov 30, 2011, 1:16 PM

time in Dabo's first 3 years of head coaching, right?

Are there really a couple morons suggesting it's time to clean house?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he loses this game, something has got to change...

Nov 30, 2011, 1:18 PM

I'm not necessarily gonna say can Dabo.. but something HAS to change. At least give it another year with a different S&C coach, DC, whatever... but something HAS to change.

If we don't go to ACCCG and win next year, and/or lose to the Coots AGAIN, you better believe it's time to clean house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

If we lose I wouldnt let him hire another DC, hed be packing

Nov 30, 2011, 1:32 PM

his bags with Steele. Lets look at the facts: he hired Steele bc he fired the best DC we've had in years. I wouldnt give Dabo as pass on that one. Maybe Vic did have a defense that would give up late scores, and they did let teams move between the 20s with ease, but you cant convince me that we wouldnt be much better off had we kept Vic. Can you imagine a Vic defense with offensive support. At the end of the day he just didnt give up points and thats ALL that matters when it comes to winning and losing, POINTS.

Re: If we lose I wouldnt let him hire another DC, hed be packing

Nov 30, 2011, 1:35 PM

good lord if you are doing the players homework our apr will be plummeting very shortly.

Which part of that wasnt accurate? Do you like Steele

Nov 30, 2011, 1:36 PM

or do you think we should let Dabo hire another DC?

Re: Which part of that wasnt accurate? Do you like Steele

Nov 30, 2011, 1:38 PM

uh dabo is the head coach so of course he makes the hire. steele has proven he is a very good coach. maybe he is now outthinking even himself. dabo hired morris. how did that one work out for you billy.

He also hired Napier. Steele has had one good year and

Nov 30, 2011, 1:41 PM

that was last year. In 09 we had more future NFL players than anyother Clemson defense in history yet we couldnt finish in the top25 in defense. Last year was very good. This year is the worst defense Ive seen us have since 02. How may top25 recruiting classes does Steele have to work with on defense?

Re: He also hired Napier. Steele has had one good year and

Nov 30, 2011, 1:43 PM

hey forget it man. all this homework you have done for our players has obviously burned up a bunch of your brain cells.

I see since you cant justify yourself you must resort

Nov 30, 2011, 1:44 PM

to sarcasm as you always do. Its so pathetic.

Its really quite simple

Nov 30, 2011, 2:00 PM [ in reply to He also hired Napier. Steele has had one good year and ]

Dabo isn't going anywhere this year. That is simply a fact.

And since he'll be here next year, you let the man run his coaching staff as he sees fit. If he gets a new DC, so be it. and if not, so be it. Either way it'll fall on him when it is time to make a decision about his future at Clemson.

But to think that Dabo will be let go this year is lunacy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know that Dabo has atleast through next year. I just dont

Nov 30, 2011, 2:08 PM

want a scenario where we get a new DC and then play poorly again on defense and have everyone say "its the DCs first year. we've got to give him and Dabo more time with the defense". We did that with TB and it costs us very valuable years where we werent moving foward, we were just spinning our wheels.

He wasn't given money to go out and hire an OC, and every

Nov 30, 2011, 7:08 PM [ in reply to He also hired Napier. Steele has had one good year and ]

coach at every level sometimes makes mistakes with his hires.

Next.

Re: Which part of that wasnt accurate? Do you like Steele

Dec 1, 2011, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Which part of that wasnt accurate? Do you like Steele ]

When Vic was here everybody was calling for his head and Steele was the greatest hire Dabo had ever made. What do you want us to do hire all new coaches every year? Good thing your standards don't apply to your job.

LMAO!

Nov 30, 2011, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: If we lose I wouldnt let him hire another DC, hed be packing ]

VK...the best DC Clemson has had in years.......

That's funny!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Name a better one: Steele, Lovett, Herring? Thats Vics

Nov 30, 2011, 1:39 PM

competition from the last 10 yrs.

Re: If we lose I wouldnt let him hire another DC, hed be packing

Nov 30, 2011, 3:42 PM [ in reply to If we lose I wouldnt let him hire another DC, hed be packing ]

There should be a board just for Idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank Beamer had a losing record his first 3 years

Nov 30, 2011, 2:35 PM [ in reply to If he loses this game, something has got to change... ]

maybe 4 years...bet they are glad they didn't "clean house" at that point.

Major overhaul vs oil change***

Nov 30, 2011, 2:35 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

ACC Championship Game, 2 out of 3 years?

Nov 30, 2011, 7:06 PM

Sounds like some oil has been changed bud. We just need to get the engine running on all cylinders before we take the next step.

Are you suggesting that the state of VT when Beamer was

Nov 30, 2011, 2:53 PM [ in reply to Frank Beamer had a losing record his first 3 years ]

hired was the same as when Dabo was hired? Are you here in reality with the rest of us?

Division Champs, 2 out of 3 years?

Nov 30, 2011, 7:11 PM

It sucks losing, especially to USC, but get ahold of yourself. It's not like we're suddenly some scrub team going nowhere and needing to fire everyone.

Oh, I fully agee, there are some things that need to change

Nov 30, 2011, 6:57 PM [ in reply to If he loses this game, something has got to change... ]

regardless if we win or lose the next two. A quick look at my posts will tell you what I think is most critical.

I'm not in any way shape or form suggesting everything is rosy, but it's absurd to suggest "cleaning house' or whatever some of these morons are suggesting.

I also think it's stupid to already get into a bunch of what-ifs about next year.

Re: So we're playing in the ACC Chamiponship Game for the 2nd

Nov 30, 2011, 1:19 PM

A couple???? Tnet is crawling with them......I'm just glad that they are just a very vocal minority of "fans"...and I use that term ("fans)loosely....

Anti-Dabo folks are not a small minority - wake up dude!!!***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:20 PM

Re: Anti-Dabo folks are not a small minority - wake up dude!!!***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:23 PM

Some people don't consider winning a division made up of Wake, NC state, Maryland, and BC an accomplishment to be proud of.

Hey Wake hung with Vandy for half a quarter***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:28 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

winning it is better than losing it!***

Nov 30, 2011, 1:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Dabo folks are not a small minority - wake up dude!!!*** ]

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Losing is losing no matter if you lose the division or lose

Nov 30, 2011, 1:35 PM

in the ACCCG. Are we really excited bc Dabo is closer to winning than TB was? Theyre still not winners.

right but you don't get a shot to win the ACC if you don't

Nov 30, 2011, 1:36 PM

win your division. So being Division champs 2/3 years is a good thing no matter what the outcome of the ACCCG.

Photobucket

IF we lose to VT, then Duke and Clemson wouldve had the

Nov 30, 2011, 1:43 PM

same success when it came to winning the ACCCG. Neither would have done it. Agreed you have to be there to win it, but if youre not winning it then Im not gonna commend you for being closer than 10 other schools in the conference. Close doesnt count. You either win it or you dont.

Right, but to PLAY FOR THE ACC TITLE you have to

Nov 30, 2011, 1:51 PM

win your Division. So there is a difference in us and Duke.

You can't tell me that winning the Division doesn't make a difference. That winning the Division doesn't mean we are headed in the right direction.

You can't go from never competing for it to winning it all in the bat of an eye....... well, unless you're Wake Forest ;)

Photobucket

GT and WF did, which you cited. I dont understand why

Nov 30, 2011, 2:05 PM

everything with Clemson FB is a 12 step program. We've been "building" in the right direction since our finish in 03, well, probably the start of the WEZ in 05. Winning the division is good, but Im going to be just as tough on a coach who can win the division and not the ACCCG as I am the coach who cant win the division. Bottom line, winning the division is a major accomplishment during the season bc it gives you a chance to win the ACC, but if you lose the ACCCG then its all for nothing.

That's 3........

Nov 30, 2011, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: So we're playing in the ACC Chamiponship Game for the 2nd ]

How many people care about finishing 2nd? If somebody

Nov 30, 2011, 1:28 PM

told me before the year: you can either win the division and lose in the ACCCG, or you can beat the Coots and finish 2nd in the division... Id take beating the Coots. I know that one doesnt depend on the other, but my point is that if he cant win the ACCCG then winning the division means nothing except youre first place loser. Had he beaten the Coots this year then I would say give him some more time bc beating them will extend our leniency, ex: TB. But all hes done in comparison to TB is take us one step closer to an ACC Title that he still cant win and make is a joke in the rivalry with the Coots. All of what Im saying is dependent on IF we lose to VT. Im not for firing him now, but if he loses to VT then my tune will change.

Re: How many people care about finishing 2nd? If somebody

Nov 30, 2011, 2:04 PM

agree 100%

It's irrelevant to the original post.***

Nov 30, 2011, 7:01 PM

I could not agree more, man. Just the chance to play for

Nov 30, 2011, 1:31 PM

the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP is amazing but to do it a couple times in just a few years? Amazing! I think we need to really buckle down and start playing the kinda ball we were playing at the beginning of the year though. And our defense has let us down, but you gotta hand it to the team for getting it done on the field and putting us in position to go to the ACC Championship game.

Nov 30, 2011, 1:34 PM

You're right in calling them "morons." It's unbelievable how negaive some people are. They only hope is that they will eventually "get a life" and keep things in perspective. I share their disappointment with how the season ended. But be honest and admit that three months ago we'd all have jumped for joy at the prospect of playing in the Championship Game. We're rebuilding and everybody knows it. The tide is slowly, but surely, turning at Clemson University . So rather than whining why not enjoy the ride and send some positive vibes to the players and coaches. This time next week, with Conference Championship in hand, the pain of losing to South Carolina will have, to a great degree, subsided. Go Tigers! I still believe, so go beat Tech again!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2011, 1:37 PM

well said willy.. finally a few good clemson fans on this board that don't complain about EVERYTHING AND I MEAN EVERYTHING...so much negative on here.. you negative morons better sure as hell hope that these recruits and future recruits do not read this board, you could so much damage on here...

What are we rebuilding? TB won in his last 3 full seasons

Nov 30, 2011, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: So we're playing in the ACC Chamiponship Game for the 2nd ]

won 8 games in 05, 8 in 06, and 9 in 07. We replaced 4 OL in 08 and sucked it up early. One bad year in 08 means that we're rebuilding as a program? Im not advocating for TB, but lets not make it look like Dabo is a miracle worker.

There are a ton of morons suggesting that...

Nov 30, 2011, 1:41 PM

...and if they get their wish than we will suffer through another Tommy West era because who wants to go to a school where 2 title game appearances in your first 3 years isn't good enough. Did Bobby Bowden or Joe Pa do that? Dabo doesn't even have 5 recruiting classes to work with yet. In 2 years if we don't get over the hump there MAY be cause for concern.

I didnt realize that Bobby and Joe Pa took over programs

Nov 30, 2011, 1:47 PM

that were full of top25 recruiting class talent and in the previous 4 seasons had won 8, 8, 9, and 7 games.

Re: There are a ton of morons suggesting that...

Nov 30, 2011, 3:04 PM [ in reply to There are a ton of morons suggesting that... ]

just MY opinion, but,, if some of these folks calling for coaches heads think that they can do a better job coaching, WHY DON'T THEY APPLY FOR THE JOB !!!!!!good grief........

I actually did apply for an internship with the FB team. I

Nov 30, 2011, 3:38 PM

also put in for an internship with a college Baseball team. I got both, but picked baseball over FB bc its my favorit sports to coach.

I would have had...

Nov 30, 2011, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: There are a ton of morons suggesting that... ]

as much head coaching or coordinator experience as our current guy just FYI.

I am the current Head Football Coach, beotches***

Nov 30, 2011, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: There are a ton of morons suggesting that... ]

Nov 30, 2011, 2:39 PM

We're getting our #### WHIPPED EVERY YEAR now by USC.... YES, it's time to do something!!!!!!!!

Fully agreed, but not relevant to the post you responded to.

Nov 30, 2011, 7:04 PM

I agree some things need to be tweaked, and I believe they will, but again, suggesting to "clean house" is idiotic.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic