Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am not even going to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

I am not even going to

Nov 29, 2011, 11:13 PM

bother to read some of the threads in here because just by the title I can tell it is a negative post. Therefore I am going to say what I have to and be off the board - flame away if you want to I don't care.

Last year we ended up 6-7 90% of the people were on here ######## (and yes I am going to use the words because I am mad and I want to get a point across) We went to the bowl and lost to a team that many felt we should win and had a losing record.

In August of this year....people were speculating what this team would do...very FEW picked 9 wins the average was 7 or 8. No one felt we were strong enough to win the Championship oh a few did but they got shot down. And most on this board seem to think that lose everything and beat Carolina and all is right with the world.

This team is 9-3..and two more games to go. They have been busting their fannies every day since Feb to have a winning program for everyone on here and Clemson fans everywhere. Now all I hear is complain about this complain about that. We are still in the top 25 last time I looked, we had 9 named to the ACC Conference Team, and Sammy Watkins received the Rookie of the Year award....Cant you people be happy for this team? Yes they lost at Ga Tech, they lost at NCState and they lost at Willy Brice...face it this is a young team...we lost key players on defense...players that are in the NFL!
In the Wake game we lost Price who was a big factor in Tajh being able to get the ball off. We end up losing Tony Steward for the year, we have Bryant out with a neck injury, Sammy has a hurt shoulder....but do you care no you are only concerned about winning...how about have a little compassion for this team. You know what not one coach used the injuries as a crutch like some coaches do.

Steele is right there are so many negative people in this world that it is so sad. The negative people on this board are sad...you are the same ones that ##### and moan that you have been giving to Clemson for 4-5 years and could not get tickets to the ACC Championship game...guess you must be happy now that you did not spend the money for the tickets...that is fine to all of us that are going to support this team...we will witness our team winning the championship. Sure Foster is pitching a fit and sure they are mad because we beat them...but this team will prevail Saturday. You see, those of us that have been supporting them thru the losses they know who we are, they want to win the championship and they are working their fannies off. So if you have tickets and IF you really love Clemson, you will get off your duff and get yourself to Charlotte and support this team.

You know it is so easy to support a winner but it is hard to look into these guys eyes and see the hurt when they get things said to them like some have, it is hard to talk to them when they don't understand why people are not happy with the 9-3 season and such a young group. They don't want and they don't expect pity but what they do expect is support from their fellow students and fans. You know the sad thing was over 2400 fans showed up at Clemson when they beat VA Tech. 15 die hard fans that did not have tickets to the carolina game went to the Esso Club and showed up when the bus arrived. Each coach thanked each person for their support and each player took pictures with everyone that wanted one and thanked everyone. One person told me that one of the main players said...you don't know what this meant. Oh they knew a lot of us were stuck in columbia, but they also knew a lot that showed up after the VaTech game were there in Clemson last sat night...where were you???

Carolina was the team that was gloating over going to the SEC championship game, the big BCS bowl and winning the national title...well look who is going to the Conference Championship game and has a shot at the Orange Bowl. Worst case is we still end up in a bigger bowl that they do.

I back Dabo, I back his entire staff and I love this team. I will be Charlotte and I will proudly wear my orange and when it over I will still be a Tiger Supporter to the fullest and no matter what happens, I will go home and get ready for the holidays and finalize the plans for the bowl game. What about you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCAR has much more significant injuries than us - give me a

Nov 29, 2011, 11:16 PM

break...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SCAR has much more significant injuries than us - give me a

Nov 29, 2011, 11:27 PM

Think you missed the point there bud, SC wasn`t the only game this yr. And If you would rather have beaten SC and went 5-7... go get a real life!!
Best post of the week!!!

Re: SCAR has much more significant injuries than us - give me a

Nov 30, 2011, 8:30 AM

if we lose saturday then beating south carolina would have been a much much better option than playing in acccg

Nice post. Go Tigers!!!***

Nov 29, 2011, 11:18 PM

you'll fit right in

Nov 29, 2011, 11:19 PM
not_focused.jpg(31.0 K)

its not that we are 9-3

Nov 29, 2011, 11:20 PM

its how we got to 9-3 start the season 8-0 then finish 1-3 against arguably the easiest part of the schedule.id say we have the right to be mad.had we started 2-3 or 4-4 for that matter and won 9 games it would be all cool..but to see this team play good the first 8 games then play like utter garbage the last 4.fans have a right to complain.

^^^^^this^^^^^

Nov 29, 2011, 11:27 PM

you can love the team without loving how they are performing now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: its not that we are 9-3

Nov 29, 2011, 11:32 PM [ in reply to its not that we are 9-3 ]

Everyone knew even when we were winning that we were actually a yr ahead of where everyone thought we would be. Youth caught up to us some.
If you say it`s how we got there, then maybe if we woulda lost to Auburn and Va tech and then Nc St. , you know spread the loses out some, you would be really cool with the record then???
We are where we are, and in spite of what you believe , we aren`t where we are "supposed" to be. You know 8-4 and 2nd place in the division!!!

spin it how ever you want...

Nov 29, 2011, 11:43 PM

but when you are playing decent ball.then turn to trash so fast.there are bigger issues than just youth.

When the team wins...

Nov 29, 2011, 11:24 PM

...and maybe they accept an award. Or when a standout player accepts an award. Who is typically on their list of "thank you's"? Their FANS. I sincerely hope our players don't visit this board.

there is something about a team that just quites on you

Nov 29, 2011, 11:47 PM

that just bothers the stew out of me. The 9-3 recorded is great in light of what I expected. And congrats to the team for achieving that record.
What bothers and concerns me is the fact we did do so well, and then just collapsed. Also, losing to the Coots once in a while doesn't bother me so much as losing to them 3 years in a row. Having them rub it in our faces year after year not only about how great their athletic program is compared to ours, but how the Mighty SEC east is superior to the ACC Atlantic. The bashing this year seems worse than in the past 25 years.
The fact that they had all kinds of adversity this year, yet refused to make excuses and still just keep winning, show that the Gamecock football team have more character than Clemson, and that in itself is very hard to stomche.
Also I don't see things getting any better. I think we will yet again take a back step next year, as we lose Dwayne Allen and most of our offensive line. Our best defensive players on the D-Line are leaving. Boyd has lost his confidence, and some times QBs never recover from that. We do have some young talent, but is it enough to make up for what we are losing? To be honest, I think it will be years before we see a real solid competitive team in Clemson. I also think we have 2 or 3 more years of losing to SC. So right now I don't know what to do. I hope I am wrong but so far I have been right.

Solid post***

Nov 30, 2011, 12:59 AM

Almost got it right " Solid POS !! *****

Nov 30, 2011, 4:20 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heh...

Nov 29, 2011, 11:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: I am not even going to

Nov 29, 2011, 11:42 PM

If there's a loss Sat., will we go to a better bowl than them?

You Go Girl!***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kitchen ->

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Kitchen ->

Nov 30, 2011, 11:38 PM

Toilet-->!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post! Sums it up nicely!

Nov 29, 2011, 11:44 PM

Point!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All In, All The Time...1314797352813

I saw this post coming a long time ago

Nov 30, 2011, 7:48 AM

Let's just say that to "dis" fiery, competitive people who won't accept mediocrity is ludicrous.

One of the great things about our program is that we have a fanbase that wants success and will fight for it any way they can.

Sad will be the day that we accept things "as is" and tolerate it.

Go on any winner's board - Alabama in football, North Carolina in basketball, and you will find the same things when the program dips or the level of play falls below standard. That is why they are where they are.

I realize there are some far out people who keep jumping ship and become haters, and they are wrong. But overall, people have a right to expect excellence and sound off if they don't see it. This is what makes certain institutions great in certain areas.

Nov 30, 2011, 7:56 AM

Why do so many people automatically assume that a desire to not lose to the Coots equates to a desire for a losing season overall?

Nov 30, 2011, 8:26 AM

Because many who have stated their displeasure in the loss to the Coots have also stated they don't care about the ACC championship game or the Orange Bowl and if we win they are merely consolation prizes.

Jesus Christ do you people think that in 20 years the 2011 ACC Champions will be remembered as a team that lost to Carolina or a team that won the ACC and Orange Bowl?

Back off the ledge.

In 20222 TNet evolves into Virtual Realty Room

Nov 30, 2011, 9:22 AM

... and the Dumpers' grandchildren can go back here and play with the TD button. LOL

Re: In 2032 TNet evolves into Virtual Realty Room

Nov 30, 2011, 9:23 AM

corrected...;)

I cannot and will not accept an annual beatdown by SCar

Nov 30, 2011, 8:16 AM

as a price for success in the rest of the season. That is the bottom line as far as I'm concerned. I'll pull for Clemson on Saturday and if we go to the Orange Bowl too. But getting your ### handed to you by your rival is a bummer and diminishes the good times. It's one thing to lose a close game, indicating that the difference between the 2 programs is miniscule. But to be blown out and, thus embarrassed, that's a different story that we have to live with for a year. And wouldn't you know it, next year is leap year, which adds an additional day of having to bear that burden.

Re: I cannot and will not accept an annual beatdown by SCar

Nov 30, 2011, 9:10 PM

this girl has got it TOTALLY right!!!!!!!!!!!!! some of this stuff that I read from the "bashers" makes me think that they are not true TIGER fans at all.....well, it is what it is....if you say you're a fan, be one--.... take the bad with the good, just like the rest of us go TIGERS !!!!!

Nov 30, 2011, 8:33 AM

Nov 30, 2011, 9:47 AM

The OP has written an excellent piece. Many of these TNET fans wouldn't know a football if it hit them in the face

Nov 30, 2011, 9:52 AM

"it hard" waaaaaaaa

the nancification of tiger football continues

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice post! Also....

Nov 30, 2011, 9:53 AM

Photobucket

Nov 30, 2011, 4:08 PM

The funny thing about winning is that it raises expectations. If you prove you can play at a high level, you should play at a high level.

9-3 after 8-0 is NOT good, no matter how you try and spin

Nov 30, 2011, 4:11 PM

it Dabo. Shouldnt you be working at beating VT rather than coming here and spreading propaganda?

Nov 30, 2011, 4:14 PM

Sorry it just doesn't. I think a true fan expects the best of their team and is disappointed in a lack of effort and poor coaching. We want our team to do well but that doesn't mean we don't have a right to critisize.

Nov 30, 2011, 4:21 PM

you are 1000 % on the money...BUT...there is a time limit and even the staunchest supporters can't help but take note of alarming tendencies. the proper thing to do is remain mum, stand behind the staff and team all the way and wait. i figure it will take till the end of the 2013 season to make an intelligent decision dabo's staying or going.

Nov 30, 2011, 4:37 PM

right on ! young team tht will be better next yr. here is for 11 - 3

Go tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2011, 5:17 PM

GREAT POST!!!

CLEMSAM

Best Post This Week***

Nov 30, 2011, 5:38 PM

whoah easy with the language kids read this board.***

Nov 30, 2011, 5:40 PM

By the time my kids learned to read they learned...

Nov 30, 2011, 5:49 PM

how to cuss already. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me 2.***

Nov 30, 2011, 5:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 30, 2011, 5:57 PM

Go tigergirl

Nov 30, 2011, 7:08 PM

Agree with alot of what you said but if y'all lose Saturday y'all will not get a bigger bowl than USC.

The shot at Carolina is lame.***

Nov 30, 2011, 9:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post represents at least 2/3 of clemson fans...IMO

Nov 30, 2011, 10:14 PM

I'm not ok everything that has happened this season, but the progress is staggering. I can't wait to see what happens Saturday and then next season!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nov 30, 2011, 10:25 PM

I haven't read every post in this thread, but I have to agree with the opening post. When this season started, nobody expected to win the division or win 9 games. As the season went on and we kept winning we still didn't expect to go undefeated. The last few games have been disappointing. We still have a chance to win 11 games. How many times has Clemson won 11 football games in one season?
This is a young team and this was never supposed to be our year. If we lose the next two it's still been a good year, win one of the it's been a very good year, and win them both it's been an excellent year with a very bright future.

will you be happy with 9-5?***

Nov 30, 2011, 11:30 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If results don't matter, please stop predicting wins***

Nov 30, 2011, 11:39 PM

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic