Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another reason to love Dabo-long
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Another reason to love Dabo-long

Sep 24, 2011, 1:03 AM

A friend forwarded this to me, a teacher in Walhalla originally posted it I believe, thought I would share:

There is a young boy named Brock who has Down Syndrome. His mom teaches at James M. Brown Elementary in Walhalla. Brock loves the Clemson Tigers and Dabo Swinney. For the past few weeks, Brock has not wanted to go to school or focus on anything because he thought he needed to go talk to Dabo and get his Tigers straightened out, since they weren't playing so well. His mom ended up writing a letter to Dabo and telling him about how Brock is so obsessed with meeting him and getting to meet the team, etc., Lo and behold, Dabo not only wrote her back, but invited Brock to come to tour the West Zone, their offices, meet the team and everything. Plus, Kathleen, Dabo's wife, organized a birthday party for Brock and invited a bunch of kids, coaches' kids and others, and they had the party there at Clemson. Brock got to go to the game on Saturday against Auburn, and I know he had a great time.... But that is not the end of the story...I want you to read the rest of the story as written by my sister-in-law...

I just spoke with Mrs. Chappelear and asked her if Brock enjoyed the game-of course he did. She then went on to tell me that a few weeks ago she took Brock to his cardiologist and they did an ultra sound of his heart-the neat part about Brock's heart is that he actually has a cross on it-I saw the photo and you can see the heart as plain as day. Well, of course when she told Brock to look at it, all he said was "I told you" and so of course she asked what had he told-his response was "I told you I had God in my heart"-just wait it gets better.

When Brock went to visit Dabo, Mrs. Chap showed Kathleen and Dabo the picture of his heart-Kathleen immediately asked if she could keep the copy and use for the bookmark in her Bible-however, Dabo spoke up and said no, he would keep it in his pocket during the game on Saturday!

After the game Mrs. Chap emailed Dabo and told him how much everyone (especially) Brock enjoyed the game.-Dabo's response (which is outside of her classroom door) was "Gotta listen to a man that has God in his heart".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another reason to love Dabo-long

Sep 24, 2011, 1:23 AM

Great post!
Not surprising as Dabo and Kathleen Swinney are exceptional people who truly care about others. They certainly bring positve attention to Clemson University.

Thanks for posting!

Sep 24, 2011, 3:12 AM

- not that i needed another reason to love dabo, what a great story. i have heard countless other stories similar to that one, including several personal stories from the sweeney family.

i don't think i have ever wanted a coach to succeed like i do with dabo, but he could never win another game and i'd still have all the respect in the world for him. if anyone deserves to be successful, it's coach sweeney. if god is a football fan, or if there is any truth to the buddhist's karma teachings, we may be in for one heck of a ride!

- "Good guys win every once in a while....just when you think it can't happen again, good guys win" - Jimmy Buffett

Go Tigers, make a decsision to be great, and Beat the Noles!

ALL IN!!

Great things await Dabo and this team-mark my words***

Sep 24, 2011, 5:33 AM

God bless Dabo***

Sep 24, 2011, 6:53 AM

Amen

Sep 24, 2011, 7:58 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outstanding Post ********

Sep 24, 2011, 10:26 AM

Sep 24, 2011, 10:29 AM

thanks for posting.great read.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2011, 2:15 PM

Thanks for sharing the story I posted in the chat room. It chokes me up every time I tell anyone. I teach 2nd grade with Lori and she's one great woman!

No one on this board dislikes Dabo as a person***

Sep 24, 2011, 2:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why the #### do you want to take a good thing and turn it...

Sep 24, 2011, 2:39 PM

...into something else.

I'm sure this wasn't intended to defend Dabo against the haters.

It was an anecdote to reinforce what we already knew.

Go in one of your other threads.

Re: No one on this board dislikes Dabo as a person***

Sep 24, 2011, 2:45 PM [ in reply to No one on this board dislikes Dabo as a person*** ]

Amanda, please ditch this miserable SOB. I'm sure you're a good person and I'd hate for you to be unhappy. He can find the negative in even the most positive of stories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic