Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bottom line: Dabo Swinney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Bottom line: Dabo Swinney

Jul 2, 2011, 11:53 AM

I want to know how you guys feel when it gets right down to it. Do you think Dabo Swinney is the head coach to lead Clemson to our first ACC Championship since 91? I think most of us 'hope' he is, but I'm not sure how many of us 'believe' he is. Where do you stand??

I'm going to say I'm in more of the hopeful category...Sorry, but I don't know if I'm a believer. I HOPE he does, but I'm not sure he can/will.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is the next coach to take us to the title.....

Jul 2, 2011, 11:58 AM

He will take us to our next ACC Title and National Title. Write it down. He has never failed at life and has himself in a perfect position with the coaches he has hired and the players he is bringing in to be very successful at CU for a long time. IMO people will be very happy with how this upcoming season goes down when all is said and done. You heard it here first.

Re: Bottom line: Dabo Swinney

Jul 2, 2011, 12:01 PM

i've stated my position before,i think dabo can get the job done.imo he just needs to be the ceo and let his coaches coach.we have a good staff with a mix of experiance and youth.caldwell was a great hire,and i think morris will be too,i just want to see the results first.elliot is an upgrade.dabo addressed his needs and talent is arriving by the boatloads.all i can say is go tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2011, 12:08 PM

I think the previous staff was greatly flawed but I like the setup now. Dabo is the face of the program and a great recruiter. You have two very dynamic coordinators controlling to offense and defense and they have a ton of talent to work with the next 2-4 years. It is a good setup. A likeable inspiring head coach who brings in great talents, and staff (finally) that know how to use it.
I think we may have a few bumps in the road with the inexperience but I think we will see what we have been looking for... consistency... finishing big games... and improvement instead of "up and down" all the time.

I said it when he was hired, and I'll say it again.

Jul 2, 2011, 12:13 PM

Swinney will win us our first ACC title since 1991. Mark it down.

Re: I said it when he was hired, and I'll say it again.

Jul 2, 2011, 12:34 PM

Yes, I beleive Dabo will get the job done. When he fired Billy Napier,he showed me that he is a bottom line coach. I think he understands what Clemson people expect and is willing to take the steps necessary to get us there. Letting Napier go was not easy(I liked Napier too), but it was necessary to accomplish championships. Now, can we get TDP and Barker on board?

Swinney is an incredible program builder and recruiter.

Jul 2, 2011, 1:04 PM

He just needs to let the Coordinators do their job and make sure the coaches and players have what they need to be successful on the field.

As a leader, one who sets the tone for morale and expectations, Dabo Swinney is a champion.

He's got the right coaches in place to win. They are recruiting way above the level we are accustomed to. Top to bottom.

If they don't win the ACCCG in the next two years, then we can start discussing the "tiger curse".

Re: Swinney is an incredible program builder and recruiter.

Jul 2, 2011, 1:17 PM

Nice to see so much optimism and belief in Dabo. Obviously some of the pessimism is a result of the unprecedented success of our rivals, but I am glad to see that many of you do think he is the right man for the job.

Re: Swinney is an incredible program builder and recruiter.

Jul 2, 2011, 1:42 PM

I hope that; if this season doesn't turn out like we want, that Dabo will be given at least one more year. I don't think this is going to be a spectacular year in terms of a 10 win championship type year. I believe we can expect to be competitive in every game. We can also expect great improvement through out the season. I'm also looking for a win in Columbia this year. 2012 will be the year that I expect great things. Unless this year turns into a total disaster, I believe Dabo can get us there.

Jul 2, 2011, 1:26 PM

I have believed that Clemson Football would win the ACC and National Championship before every season began since I was old enough to remember pulling for the Tigers (about 6)......and I know our players and coaches think the same thing.

If you don't.....go find another team to pull for.....

Jul 2, 2011, 1:40 PM

I definately think dabo is THE man. He has the attitude and the love for Clemson and winning. I truly believe Morris is going to be the key to getting us on top. If you look at our teams the last couple years, Offense was the big letdown. If he gets this offense where he wants it,with the incoming players, Clemson can not only get back to the top of the ACC but get back in the National picture. Here's to hoping!

Jul 2, 2011, 1:57 PM

I believe that he is definitely the man to take Clemson to where we need to go. I have been through the Charley Pell era, Ford era, Hatfield, and the rest, actually even before Pell.

I believe he has what Ford has..... that intangible........ he has IT....... you don't know what IT is.... but you recognize IT when you see it.

Since he took over and was officially named the Head Coach, I think he has had a plan...... I think the administration hurt him by not giving him the money for a top notch offensive coordinator and that is why we got Napier. In fact, it hurt us with other assistant coaches as well.

I think he is building something..... for the long term. I remember that the players all wanted Ford and many of the players wanted Dabo. I remember people thinking it was crazy to hire Ford, but we see how that turned out.

He needs at least three more years....

Jul 2, 2011, 1:59 PM

Love him & think he's the long-term solution for us @ HC.

Only wish some of our fans had more patience. He's going to get at least another few years. Has made some great coaching hires & reeled in some of the best talent in the country. If we aren't winning big in a few years, then I would understand fans calling for his head. Right now though, way too early.

Ask me again in 3 years...

Jul 2, 2011, 2:01 PM

and I'll have a better answer for you.

Re: Ask me again in 3 years...

Jul 2, 2011, 2:12 PM

I'm with you on that bud.

Times like this i watch Mike Bellamy's Highlight Vid & Smile

Jul 2, 2011, 2:26 PM

bc i know what's about to go down :)

Re: Times like this i watch Mike Bellamy's Highlight Vid & Smile

Jul 2, 2011, 2:42 PM

... and Watkins, Peake, Anthony, Steward, Bryant, etc -))

Ahh, spike the ball already.

We will know whether Dabo is the right man for the Tigers,

Jul 2, 2011, 4:35 PM

this year. For anyone to say that they know he is based on recruiting, that's crazy. The football unemployment lines are littered with former Head Coaches who were great recruiters. And to say that all Dabo has to do is let the DC and OC do their jobs, that's crazy too. There is more to being the Head Coach than taking a "hands off" policy with the Coordinators. The leader of the program is not just called "Head". He is called "Head Coach". Whether Dabo has the "it" trait of successful Head "Coaches" remains to be seen. My gut feeling is that he does. But I don't KNOW that. If he doesn't, that will show this season, in my opinion. 7 of our 9 interior line starters are seniors. We start off with 2 exhibition games. We then play an Auburn team in the midst of a massive rebuilding job since they were top heavy with seniors last year. We have FSU at home (barely losing to them last year on the road). The 5th game against Virginia Tech will propel us to a special season, if we win. That's the key game in my opinion. If Dabo goes 6-6 or even 7-5 with 7 of our 9 interior line starters being seniors, something will be VERY wrong the program, in my opinion. As I said at the top, this season will tell us if Dabo is the right man for Clemson.

Dabo CAN do "IT", if he uses his other coaches brains..along

Jul 2, 2011, 5:07 PM

with his enthusiasm, spirit, leadership, tightness with players, ability to speak before & at halftime, etc.

He needs to manage and let his coordinators do their jobs...and we will be fine...especially if the team will give more effort than some of them did last year...especially on offense.

Go TIGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo needs to show he can manage, supervise and "coach" his

Jul 2, 2011, 5:56 PM

coaches.

Jul 2, 2011, 5:50 PM

Coach Howard, Coach Ford, are just two of the coaches that were promoted from within. Does anybody believe in history repeating itself? One other note,they all three came from Alabama. Spooky!!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic