Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Time is NOW!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The Time is NOW!!

Jun 8, 2011, 10:17 AM

The time is NOW that we as a fanbase support this staff and coaches as we get ready for the upcoming season!!

The Time is NOW for the players to work hard during the summer to get in shape and prepare for the rigors of fall practice.

The time is NOW for the coaches new and old to strategize how they will challenge the players day in and day out to make them the best player possible.

The time is NOW that our new offense starts to gel and we begin to play football the way we used to.

The time is NOW that "our" team regains it's status as a college football competitor. It is time we become the team that when we take the field our players and staff make opposing teams wonder "what are we gonna do now"

The time is NOW Tiger Fans that we put aside last year and we get ready for this one. We must, as a solid fan base, get together and support these young men and the coaches so that they understand that what they are attempting to do is not being done in futility but to revive a once great and storied program back to the ranks it belongs.

The time is NOW that we all return to being what it is we should be......TIGER FANS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: The Time is NOW!!

Jun 8, 2011, 10:19 AM

very nice post. to bad our fan base has a very vocal minority that would not be happy with anything good that happens at clemson.

I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal

Jun 8, 2011, 10:24 AM

minority on tnet. At least I hope that's the case. However, while I am not one of those in the vocal minority, it seems like as a whole, Clemson athletics are very good at a lot of sports, but not great in any sports. We seem to be getting to the point where we can be great and fail to take the next steps that are necessary.

I am a believer that Dabo can really change our football program and make us great. It starts with unbelievable recruiting classes, he has shown that he is not afraid to make changes, and I hope those changes will pay off.

I think Jack is a great coach who will win a championship. I don't believe we need to make a change.

I don't want to settle for mediocrity, but we have coaches in football, basketball, and baseball who are capable of winning championships. I hope it happens, and happens sooner rather than later.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Speak for yourself. Like deroberts said, if anything good

Jun 8, 2011, 10:26 AM

happens to Clemson, myself and some others are going to be highly pissed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That's a nice attempt at reverse psychology***

Jun 8, 2011, 10:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal

Jun 8, 2011, 10:30 AM [ in reply to I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal ]

anyone that wants to settle for mediocrity is someone we dont need as fans. we were very mediocre last year in football. everyone, including dabo and the players know that. hence, big changes were made. these changes will work and we will once again be very good or dabo will be gone, plain and simple. i for the life of me can not see why some of the goobers on this site cant get that. my guess is nothing will satisfy some of these people. they are just sad individuals with not much of a life.

Yes, dsp is a sad individual, but he loves Clemson.***

Jun 8, 2011, 10:45 AM

null

deadsolidgoober***

Jun 8, 2011, 10:54 AM

The haters get it, but hate waiting. The folks that don't

Jun 8, 2011, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal ]

seem to get it are the Dabo lovers. They think things are well on their way to being just peachy. The haters you are attacking are more in line with your analysis than the lovers/pumpers.

Re: I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal

Jun 8, 2011, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal ]

I agree with everything you said, I also think that we have the coaches in place to win championships. However, that being said, I think that until we DO start winning championships again - the 'vocal minority' will continue to grow, out of frustration. And people will look for a scapegoat.

Scapegoat? You seem to not understand this little concept

Jun 8, 2011, 5:43 PM

known s "accountability". If we aren't winning the only place to point a finger is the coaches.

I understand, coaches are responsible when a team isn't

Jun 8, 2011, 6:34 PM

winning. I just meant that as time goes by and we continue to not win championships in ALL THREE major sports. Maybe the blame is a bit higher up than just the head coaches. Everyone's first reaction is to blame the coaches, but over the past decade we've had 6 coaches (in our three major sports) and only ONE championship (2006 baseball). To me, there comes a point where maybe more than just the coaches should be held accountable.

We are good in a handful of sports. Not many. How old are

Jun 8, 2011, 5:38 PM [ in reply to I think you're confusing a vocal minority with a vocal ]

you? Obviously you weren't around mid 70s - mid 90s. CU today is a joke in sports compared to what e were.

You can have the best talent all you want, but it will fail without great coaching. VT almost never out recruits CU, FSU, or Mia, but they have dominated the ACC in football since they joined. Why? Superior coaching!

Jack has shown no ability to win a championship. He's 0-4 in games that a win puts us in the championship.

Please tell me what makes you have such faith in Dabo? Not a feeling or opinion, but something factual, tangible beyond recruiting. Because recruiting alone has never won anything.

Did I just read a "Crystal Pepsi" commercial?***

Jun 8, 2011, 10:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

That stuff was awful ! I forgot it even existed.***

Jun 8, 2011, 10:35 AM

*chest bump****

Jun 8, 2011, 10:34 AM

YESSSSSSS WOOOO!!!!! YEAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Jun 8, 2011, 11:10 AM

Crap, I just hit my head on the ceiling at work, and now I'm bleeding. Tings ar sturrrrrrrting to get clooody I dont kn

Re: The Time is NOW!!

Jun 8, 2011, 1:43 PM

yeah, baby! i was driving to work this morning and saw a car with a "noles" sticker on it. i tell you what, boy, i'm fired up as heck about football season. and i'm gonna be loud as ever when auburn comes into town. and as our schedule gets tougher i'm gonna get louder!!

do we have t-shirts with "Clemson is Coming" yet???

What time is a dentist's favorite time of the day?

Jun 8, 2011, 2:24 PM

TOOTH-HURTY!

WAIT!

Jun 8, 2011, 2:40 PM

So if I get on board later, have I totally missed the bus?

FWIW IMO the fans have and continue to give far more than

Jun 8, 2011, 5:44 PM

they are getting back. The problem has not been the fans!

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic