Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The refusal of the anti leggett crowd to give him and the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 66
| visibility 1

The refusal of the anti leggett crowd to give him and the

May 22, 2011, 8:52 AM

rest of the coaching staff credit for the good work our team has done just blows my mind. We lost our best player for 2 weeks (miller) and our early season starting rotation imploded for the first few weeks of the season due to injury(brady & leone) and surprising ineffectiveness from Weisman. Unfortunately we played 3 top 5 teams in the country with 1 hand tied behind our backs. in this time period and the results were predictable. This is one of Jack's best coaching jobs.

To get this team to this point after all the things they went thru in the first few weeks of the season is nothing short of remarkable. 25-5 over the last 30 and some still want to whine we didn't win the 5. Some of you people need a life.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Amen brother. Don't they look foolish?**

May 22, 2011, 9:07 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jack's teams consistently finish in the top 16 in the

May 22, 2011, 9:14 AM

country and have gone to the CWS 6 times (4 in the last 10) to tie Coach Wilhelm.

We have finished 3rd/4th in the country under Jack three times I think.

What's not to like?

I know the fact that USC has a little better program causes many to lose all clarity on Jack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting to Omaha is the equivalent of getting to a BCS bowl

May 22, 2011, 9:22 AM

in football.

I'm sure that there would still be realists on here whining even if we made four BCS bowls in the last ten years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But at some point just making it isn't enough

May 22, 2011, 9:41 AM

Especially when a rival wins it at your expense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, but just watching the games last year and in

May 22, 2011, 9:49 AM

2002, you'd have to admit that USC was just better, period.

It's not like Jack blew it or anything.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i dont remember that 2002 series that well b/c i was like 12

May 22, 2011, 10:48 AM

but i have a hard time believing they had a better team talent wise than us...last year yes, but not 2002

Not better talent. It's impossible to say that in baseball.

May 22, 2011, 11:18 AM

Look at the winner's most years in MLB.

They were just better, period.

we choked in 2002, it was blatantly obvious and the media

May 22, 2011, 11:28 AM

saw it that way as well. KG had multiple errors in those 2 games, as did other players.

The media said it?!?!

May 22, 2011, 11:32 AM

Okay then.

So were KG's errors Jack's fault?***

May 22, 2011, 1:42 PM [ in reply to we choked in 2002, it was blatantly obvious and the media ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Yea, 'cause Jack didn't crack the right jokes pre-game.***

May 22, 2011, 1:43 PM

Revisionist histiory is always interesting. TNET after the

May 22, 2011, 9:59 PM

choke vs. USC in the CWS in 2002 was pretty much near consensus that 1. we had the better team, 2. we choked, and 3. Jack shouldered a lot of blame for the way we choked because of how he handled the team in Omaha, esp the night before the 1st USC game.

You can make excuses all you want, you can try and exonerate Jack, you can spin that USC was better, but the reality is we were a huge favorite, the higher seed, in the winners bracket, had easily out classed USC during the regular season, and we were the hottest team going into game 1 versus USC.

And yes, Jack can influence how the team plays. He contributed to KG's errors. Tanner had USC loose, Jack had our guys wound up ultra tight. That greatly effects the quality of play.

Try reading these for some perspective ...

http://www.accsports.com/teams/clemson/20080909479/baseball-collapse-ended-major-curse.php

From some Texas fans, fans that know baseball! ... http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/66190-CWS-Bracket-2-Thread?p=1849023&viewfull=1

Blue Caddie speaks! Listen up!

May 22, 2011, 6:59 PM [ in reply to we choked in 2002, it was blatantly obvious and the media ]

dude, you suck

Links?***

May 22, 2011, 11:40 PM [ in reply to we choked in 2002, it was blatantly obvious and the media ]

USC was NOT better in 2002. We swept them 6-0 during the

May 22, 2011, 11:01 AM [ in reply to True, but just watching the games last year and in ]

regular season. In Omaha we flat choked. I thing Khalil had more errors vs. USC in those two games than the entire season to that point. The media was quick to point out how Tanner let his guys party while our guys were in lock down. Jack was seen as part of why we lost because we were way way too tight while USC was loosey goosey. We were the huge favorite going into those two games only needing to win 1 of 2 to play for the championship.

You can't play baseball at a high level stressed out and thinking too much. You gotta be relaxed. Teams take on the identity of their coach. Jack is intense, tight, grumpy, and often has a scowl on his face during games.

Tanner is the opposite. Jack took over for a legend, Tanner built winning programs at NC State then USC. Big difference.

Re: USC was NOT better in 2002. We swept them 6-0 during the

May 22, 2011, 11:15 AM

It's really interesting that you swept us 6-0 in the regular season when we only played 4 games. Actually, CU won the regular season 3-1 so the season ended up 3-3.

We use to play them 6 times a year and I was thinking we did

May 22, 2011, 11:26 AM

in 2002. i'm pretty sure we beat them every time in 2002 be it 6 or 4. Are you sure it was 3-1? If I recall that was a very close game if we lost, the others we won easy. And clearly we were the better team that year during the regular season and we absolutely choked and blew it in Omaha.

Re: We use to play them 6 times a year and I was thinking we did

May 22, 2011, 11:44 AM

I'm absolutely certain it was 3-1 during the 2002 regular season.

May 22, 2011, 11:48 AM

Carolina beat CU 8-6 on April 17. Here is the link.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-basebl/archive/scar-m-basebl-sched-2001.html

May 22, 2011, 11:57 AM

And so far as CU winning the regular season games easily, scores for CU's regular season wins were 9-7, 11-10 and 4-1. None of those scores qualify as a rout. The only real routs in the 6 games they played that year were the two games in Omaha which Carolina won 12-4 and 10-2.

Blue caddy is one of your own. He goes by "Ashbrook",

May 22, 2011, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Re: We use to play them 6 times a year and I was thinking we did ]

and he's a complete fraud. As a gamecock I'm sure you can admit his spiel is weak and reeks of dementia born from a lifetime of utter failure. Good job exposing him.

Surely you jest...that can't be true...***

May 22, 2011, 6:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I graduated from CU in '88 FM. Lived on Johnstone F-3 Annex

May 22, 2011, 10:03 PM

There are people on TNET that knew me at CU and I've given Matty tons of evidence I went to CU, he just lives in denial.

If that is true....

May 22, 2011, 10:09 PM

then you missed one hell of a chance to become a Clemson fan in those 4/5 years.

I am a Clemson fan. I love CU. Sadly our athletics are a now

May 22, 2011, 10:44 PM

a shadow of how great we were in the 80s. The demise of our AD is not by chance or bad luck. People have helped bring us down. I will call those people out until hopefully one day we once again resemble he CU of the late 70s thru early 90s.

You graduated from USuCk in 1987, and you absolutely despise

May 23, 2011, 12:22 PM

Clemson, mainly due to a lifetime of losing. Saying you love Clemson and all that nonsense is a sign of just how far over the edge you've gone and how deeply you are into this insane charade. You really think you're going to affect the state of Clemson by posing as disgruntled fan on the internet? How deranged is that? You and your old buddy Rusty are two sick individuals. Last I knew, even Rusty turned his back on you because you're a nutcase. Whatever happened to Rusty anyway? LOL!

Ashbrook, I spoke to 2 of the people you claim to know.....

May 23, 2011, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I graduated from CU in '88 FM. Lived on Johnstone F-3 Annex ]

Both of them categorically deny knowing you.

If you're going to lie so much, you need to be more careful. Your tracks are easy to trace.

By the way, when are you going to post that pic of your ring and diploma? LMAO!

May 23, 2011, 7:07 AM [ in reply to We use to play them 6 times a year and I was thinking we did ]

Well Blue has been proven wrong yet again but let's not forget he has never lost a argument in 10 years on T-net

BS. Part of being better means having enough

May 22, 2011, 11:16 AM [ in reply to USC was NOT better in 2002. We swept them 6-0 during the ]

confidence in your talent to do it.

They were clearly better at year's end.

We won the regular season last year. USC's bullpen had men to our boys. That was evident in the CWS.

OK. Anyone non-CU knows we choked and blew it. If you

May 22, 2011, 11:30 AM

want to spin USC was better in 2002 go ahead, but the facts are Jack had us tight and we blew it on errors!

That's the BS explanation that came about from here.

May 22, 2011, 11:31 AM

I wonder what the real truth is?

Now that you have been outed, will this be your last post?***

May 22, 2011, 6:27 PM [ in reply to OK. Anyone non-CU knows we choked and blew it. If you ]

He's been outed before, CM. It's going to take reduced

May 23, 2011, 12:27 PM

gullibility on the part of our mods, or Ashbrook finally getting committed to a mental institution like he should have been 20 years ago. Him and his old buddy Rusty could share a room...hopefully without internet access. LOL!

6-0...Nice research...oops...Stick to bashing Dabo***

May 22, 2011, 12:36 PM [ in reply to USC was NOT better in 2002. We swept them 6-0 during the ]

Yep, Ashbrook is a fraud and a complete joke. The guy has

May 22, 2011, 2:19 PM

some serious issues stemming from a lifetime of utter failure. He needs professional help, or better yet, he needs to be institutionalized. I've known this guy for over a decade, and he's only getting more insane as time goes by.

How did you meet this jacka$$?***

May 22, 2011, 6:28 PM

Matty has NO idea what he's talking about. He has no clue

May 22, 2011, 10:07 PM

who I am, but I most assuredly graduated from CU in '88.

Re: Matty has NO idea what he's talking about. He has no clue

May 22, 2011, 10:12 PM

i got a great friend who graduated from usc but i can assure you all his money now goes to clemson. so it sure dont mean you are a fan because you graduated there.

Well I assure you I love CU as much or more than anyone!!

May 22, 2011, 10:52 PM

There are two types of people. Those that see the glass half full, only see positives, go along to get along.

Then there are people who acknowledge the half full part of the glass, but focus on fixing the half empty part. Those folks strive for greatness and do not accept mediocrity. They know getting better means constantly questioning and working to improve.

Alumni, season ticket buyers, IPTAY members, etc. are like shareholders in a corporation. When things are not going well they can sit quietly and do nothing, or they can rise up and demand better. The status quo will remain the status quo until people demand change. Like wit objects, at rest they will stay at rest until moved into motion!! TNET can accept the state quo, but don't bash me for not settling when I know we can be so much more!!

^^ Proof that you think your

May 23, 2011, 12:36 PM

insane charade is actually affecting the state of Clemson University. How insane does one have to be to think acting like a nutcase on the internet will affect the state's superior university? Wow. That's just crazy stuff right there. You're right up there with that nutcase burning trees at Auburn, but fortunately Chicago is a long way from Clemson.

Still waiting on that pic of your ring and diploma. What's taking you so long? I know you're reading these posts with one of your other handles. You're not worried that they say "USuCk", are you? LOL.

I know EXACTLY who you are. I sat 4 chairs down from you

May 23, 2011, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Matty has NO idea what he's talking about. He has no clue ]

at dinner about 11 years ago. I have a photo to prove it, Ashbrook. You were insane then, and everyone at the dinner table realized it. Your own fans disbanded you soon after. Obviously you've gone farther into insanity since then.

I didn't look it up, I was basing it on memory. Not long

May 22, 2011, 10:05 PM [ in reply to 6-0...Nice research...oops...Stick to bashing Dabo*** ]

before 2002 we played USC 6 games every year. Home & home 3 game weekend series. I was thinking we still were in 2002.

None of that changes the fact that we CHOKED big time vs. USC in the CWS in 2002.

You said we went 6-0 when we only went 3-1...those are

May 23, 2011, 12:25 AM

the only facts...you didn't look it up, you made it up...

Esp when you as a coach are 0-4 in chances to play for the

May 22, 2011, 10:53 AM [ in reply to But at some point just making it isn't enough ]

title and all 4 loses come to your biggest rival. Including during a regular season when that rival was 0-6 versus you and got swept on their home field.

Only FSU has been to Omaha more times than CU and not won a title.

UNC was a nobody not long ago, now they have been to 2 or 3 finals and have a CWS championship.

I don't take anything away from Jack, I think he has done great, but he has some serious flaws and we have slipped and been passed by others during the past 5 to 7 years.

Re: Esp when you as a coach are 0-4 in chances to play for the

May 22, 2011, 11:51 AM

News flash.. UNC does NOT have a CWS championship.

Don't let the facts totally escape you ..

another post from blue dumba$$ with incorrect facts

May 22, 2011, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Esp when you as a coach are 0-4 in chances to play for the ]

and vein-popping hyperbole meant to blow smoke over reality. Who'd have thunk it???

Here are some indisputable facts:
bluedumba$$ has authored hundreds and hundreds of posts that are---
anti-Clemson
anti-Bowden
anti-Dabo
anti-President Barker
anti-Dr. Phillips
anti-Oliver Purnell
anti-Brad Brownell
anti-Board of Trustees
anti-Jack Leggett

They are each and everyone available for your viewing by simply going over his incredibly stupid posting history in which he tries to convince the reader that his negative opinion is somehow "the truth"

...by his own admission, bluedumba$$ does not contribute to IPTAY, does not contribute to Clemson Fund, and has not attended any games in years.

USE ANY OF THE ABOVE TRUTHS IN DETERMINING WHETHER OR NOT HE IS A CLEMSON FAN BEFORE RESPONDING TO HIM. MY STRONGEST RECOMMENDATION IS TO SIMPLY IGNORE HIM AS YOU WOULD ANY STUPID SCREAMING PERSON WHO RAN UP TO YOU ON THE STREET.

I'll not give his posts further validity by responding to them

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! What a loser!***

May 22, 2011, 6:31 PM

Patently false. I have never ever said one bad word about

May 22, 2011, 10:41 PM [ in reply to another post from blue dumba$$ with incorrect facts ]

Clemson. I love Clemson.

I have not talked smack about TB. I give him tons of credit for turning Clemson around, but I knew his 1st season after RichRod let that TB would never win big or get it done at Clemson. Guess what, I was right!

I think Dabo is a great guy with an inspirational story, but the reality is he is grossly under qualified to be HC at a big time football school. I have nothing against him personally. I simply want a better, preferably more qualified coach.

I've never said anything bad about TDP. In fact, I feel sorry for him. Brad Brownell is an example of what he can do as AD when Barker is not micro-managing him and taking decisions away from him, such as the TB/Ark situation.

I have never attacked OP. I said he is a one trick pony and peaked. He only coaches the press. He is a poor Xs & Os coach. He did all he could do here and I'm glad he is gone, but I don't hate hi personally. Let's not forget, OP is O'fer the NCAA tourney at 4 different schools.

I like Brownell. At the very beginning I thought we could have hired a better coach, but my post history proves by the 7th game I was a Brad Brownell fan and ws among the first to truly praise him and see his potential on TNET. I post positive things about BB often!

Jack - the facts are he inherited a great program and continued that his first 7 years. His last 7 years have been spotty relatively speaking and not nearly as good as his first 7. I have nothing against him personally, but there is a lot to question regarding how he does things and many others on TNET question things he does as well. USC & UNC have both passed us and won CWS championships mostly with home grown talent. Baseball is a warm weather sport and huge in SC and the south in general. Why are we recruiting kids from Maine & Washington State when there is better talent right here in SC. TNET often has posts by people who know kids here in SC that are huge CU fans and big time baseball prospects that want to play at Clemson, but Jack blows them off and they end up darn good players for other schools. Jack is also a very intense guy, but baseball is best played when you are relaxed. Our teams play tight. They take on the coaches personality which is well known to be true in all team sports.

Regarding Barker & the BOT, it's a well known fact which folks on TNET willfully ignore due to denial that Barker & the BOT do not make athletics, esp football a priority. They do not want CU to be a big time winning program. Mickey and CU football players from the past and folks like BigCUFan with connections have all voiced the reality that being highly successful in athletics is simply not important to Barker. The best public universities in the country understand the role and importance of having winning high profile athletics. Our president doesn't get that. He is h3ll bent on being in the top 20 of an overrated magazine poll and has even cheated to move up in that poll, but sees big time football as a negative in that regard. YES, academics clearly come first, but the finest & most elite colleges in the country recognize the power & benefits of successful athletics. Sadly Barker is clueless in this regard.

So sorry, but your facts are incorrect. Folks on TNET are immature mental midgets that think like employees, not successful coaches, business executives, or entrepreneurs. They can't see the difference in questioning someone professionally versus bashing them personally. I question many of those listed from a professional standpoint. I don't hate or bash them personally.

TNET only wants to see the part of the glass half full, god forbid anyone point out that the glass is also half empty.

Can you show ONE post of you giving credit to TB?

May 23, 2011, 12:40 PM

Just one?

Nevermind the fact your charade fell flat on it's face with Brad Brownell. That was a riot watching you lie about it then get caught.

UNC & UVa have blown past us as well.***

May 22, 2011, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Jack's teams consistently finish in the top 16 in the ]

speaking of blowing.....***

May 22, 2011, 10:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They seem better this year. We'll see next weekend.***

May 22, 2011, 11:23 AM [ in reply to UNC & UVa have blown past us as well.*** ]

By "us" do you mean Clemson or SCU?***

May 22, 2011, 6:32 PM [ in reply to UNC & UVa have blown past us as well.*** ]

Re: The refusal of the anti leggett crowd to give him and the

May 22, 2011, 9:14 AM

Man, you guys just don't understand people. If most on here found a 50 dollar bill on the ground in front of them. They would B!tch and moan that it wasn't a hundred dollar bill. That is just People!!!

I highly doubt that scenario would happen***

May 22, 2011, 9:42 AM

Re: I highly doubt that scenario would happen***

May 22, 2011, 4:31 PM

Oh Yeah! Throw one down & let Blue Caddy find it. He would moan & groan abount having to bend over & pick it up!!!

There are too many "fans" on here now that get off on

May 22, 2011, 9:38 AM

flogging Clemson in anyway they can. They call themselves realists but in reality they thrive on negativity and taking the fun out of Clemson sports. They can't celebrate when Clemson does well. They can't even see how this team grew up and got better. They can't see how this team has won some big games over the last several weeks. They expect to win all the time and then get disappointed when we don't. Their "reality" is a little out of line. Pretty sad.

On another note: Good job Tigers! Now on to the ACC championship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best part

May 22, 2011, 10:46 AM

is when you ask how many games they have gone to and never get an answer because they don't. It is easy to complain just looking at box scores.

I blame

May 22, 2011, 10:04 AM

Belk's. They have systematically eliminated the Leggett name over the years. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's the internet

May 22, 2011, 10:13 AM

in so far as it provides a forum where people have personal anonymity, but still take some level of personal pride in the reputation of their online persona. It's like being anonymous, but not, at the same time.

The result, people always resort to the extreme argument to make a point, but then they are committed to it via their online persona and for better or worse, then have to back up their extreme position.

So when Clemson is going 14-12, they start screaming we need to fire the hall of fame coach, and when it gets turned around, they have to find little things to criticize, or they would be forced to admit they were wrong.

Anyway you slice it, there aren't but a relatively small handful of programs that wouldn't trade places with Clemson in baseball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

win the conference title

May 22, 2011, 11:20 AM

most don't care, but I do.

I will give him credit. He has done a good job at keeping the wheels on bus when they could have easily come off.

The bottom line is that I expect Clemson baseball to compete at a high level and that is a good thing. Now go win an ACC championship.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2011, 1:09 PM

forget them. they probably still donate at the original iptay level i pay ten a year, if anything

May 22, 2011, 1:24 PM

It must be miserable to be Blue Caddy....never anything positive, lives for Clemson to lose so he can tell us how smart he is!

May 22, 2011, 4:12 PM

Blue Caddy is a piece of gutless trash who hides behind an anonymous screen name.

*******DISCLAIMER********* My intent of this post was not to upset the manginas who frequent some of the boards.

May 22, 2011, 10:10 PM

blue cooty comes to mind

And here you are drawing attention to them?

May 23, 2011, 12:46 PM

Sad that people care more about the forum drama than the actual team.

Replies: 66
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic