Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Idiots Who Cried "Fire Leggett "
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Idiots Who Cried "Fire Leggett "

May 21, 2011, 11:28 PM

What do you numbskulls who wanted to dump Leggett think now ?
You should be ashamed and appreciate a great baseball coach.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Um, he deserves some heat, sorry. We aren't nearly as good

May 21, 2011, 11:34 PM

as we were! And it's not because Miami & FSU are in the conference now. Besides, we played them every year before they joined the conference. Over the past 5 to 7 years we have dropped off and we have gone from dominating USC to being owned by them, even UVa & UNC have passed us!

This year we are only 12-12 against the top 50 and 5-10 against NCAA bound ACC teams.

All I know is this:

May 21, 2011, 11:49 PM

1) We're ranked.

2) We just won the series with the #4 ranked team in the country.

3) We are on fire when it counts.

4) We have a good chance at hosting regional.

All that is pretty good if you ask me. Of course, if you'd rather find stuff to whine about, I can't fix stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing

May 21, 2011, 11:55 PM

out a few facts folks like to ignore. TNET is full of people that love to go gaga over a glass half full. A glass half full is also half empty. I'm not a negative person, in fact, I'm a very positive person, but I feel someone needs to bring some reality to this board and point out the obvious negatives folks on here love to ignore while pumping a glass only half full.

PLEASE STOP IT...COOT!***

May 22, 2011, 12:04 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ARE a negative person...

May 22, 2011, 12:11 AM [ in reply to i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing ]

because you have nothing POSITIVE to say. You choose to ignore positive facts and focus on negative ones. Instead of being happy that Clemson's made 24 of the last 25 NCAA Tournaments (something only a handful of schools can claim) you whine about other schools "passing" Clemson. UVa, UNC, and SC have all spent millions of dollars on their facilities the last few years (UNC and SC completely replaced their stadiums). What have you done to help Clemson improve ITS stadium? Are you going to help find solutions or just sit behind your computer and point out problems?

And you chose to ignore any fact that doesn't blow sunshine

May 22, 2011, 2:52 AM

up your rear end!

I don't care how much UNC & UVa spent on facilities. They were light years behind us in baseball, as was USC before Tanner, yet all 3 have blown past us.

You act like our facilities are a dump. We have some of the best baseball facilities in the country and some of the highest attendance, plus great tradition. Besides, there is far more to a team/program than facilities.

You make more lame excuses than anyone on TNET, and considering that includes Matty, Smiling, & Stanley that's saying something.

You were woefully wrong about Shyatt, then TB. Face it, you are clueless about how this stuff works. Stick to fish sticks sport.

IF you are actually a Clesmon fan (doubt it) why don't you

May 22, 2011, 9:50 AM

do us a favor and pick another team you embarassment to men everywhere.

Look around and pick a team that always wins, then you won't have to ##### so much. Don't worry, if they don't win enough you can pick another.

You are a sad little man.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a CU grad. '88. I love CU dearly. I believe like great

May 22, 2011, 11:14 AM

coaches and business leaders that you get better taking issues, problems, etc. head on, not ignoring them and pointing to the glass half full.

Failure teaches us more than success.

You think Urban Myer or Nick Saban focus on the half of the glass that is full or empty? I promise you, they acknowledge the part half full, but obsess over the part half empty. That's why they are great.

I'm not negative, I am realistic and objective, but I look negative because I don't swoon over every little good thing or think our coaches and admin are gods or beyond reproach or basic criticism.

Someone 6-4 looks short next to someone 7-2. It's about perspective. I promise you fans & folks off TNET and outside of Clemson see things much closer to my view point than the prevailing attitude on TNET.

That's OK, this is a CU board, but I shouldn't be bashed for my honest opinions!

LOL. You graduated from USuCk in 1987.

May 22, 2011, 2:32 PM

Lies to cover lies is no way to go through life, Ashbrook, but alas you cannot help yourself. You've been an obsessive liar your entire life. You know it, and I know it.

Exposing you slowly but surely is going to be fun.

Then if you do, do us a favor and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!

May 22, 2011, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I'm a CU grad. '88. I love CU dearly. I believe like great ]

We are happy because we are on fire and we just beat the number four team in the country. Dont put us in bad moods because you want to whine and #####.

No one is whining but folks intolerant of contrarian opinion***

May 22, 2011, 10:55 PM

A "contrarian opinion" is the thing, but the whole insane,

May 23, 2011, 11:32 AM

contrived, disgruntled fan charade is completely another. The fact you really think you're affecting the state of Clemson University shows how wildly unbalanced your mind is. It's just a sign of how far over the edge you really are. You're a sick, sick guy, Ashbrook. You need to be institutionalized, and quite frankly, I think you know it. Not that you care, however.

Strange how you mention not being a negative person

May 22, 2011, 11:32 PM [ in reply to I'm a CU grad. '88. I love CU dearly. I believe like great ]

in most of your posts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ashbrook is so deep into his insane charade that he'll even

May 23, 2011, 11:42 AM

say, "I love Clemson" before he proceeds to criticize everything he can think of. It's one thing to go on a rival's website and feign unhappiness to stir up the masses, but Ashbrook actually thinks he's affecting the state of Clemson University with his demented charade. How bizarre is that??? He's a very sick guy. I've known him for over a decade, and he's always been a bitter, sick guy, but he's gone much further into insanity since the last time I encountered him. If I lived in the Chicago area, I would watch out for this guy. He's a ticking time bomb.

Re: You ARE a negative person...

May 22, 2011, 7:16 AM [ in reply to You ARE a negative person... ]

There ain't no coot going to be happy or positive about Clemson doing nothing good. So give it up where Blue_coot_Caddy is concern!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My CU ring & diploma say otherwise***

May 22, 2011, 11:15 AM

Post some images of your ring and diploma, ok Ashbrook?

May 22, 2011, 2:33 PM

I'll wait.

Is it too early to post "crickets chirping"?***

May 22, 2011, 6:26 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only in your dreams!!***

May 22, 2011, 11:33 PM [ in reply to My CU ring & diploma say otherwise*** ]

" I'm not a negative person,".....lololololololololololol!!

May 22, 2011, 9:57 PM [ in reply to i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing ]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

And the sun doesn't come up in the East every morning either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

contrary to tnet belief, being realistic and objective does

May 22, 2011, 10:58 PM

not make one negative.

But you are not realistic or objective....

May 22, 2011, 11:20 PM

you have your opinion and think no one else is entitled the their's. If they disagree with you, you start the name calling. That is not realistic or objective. That is a bully mentality. You act as if no one can state what they think unless it is in agreement with you. You have a closed mind and get offensive if someone disagrees with you. You take what someone else says and turn it around and then throw out remarks that are not really fitting of a Clemson man.

You should go back and read most of your posts as if someone else wrote them to you or someone in your family. I have a feeling you would not like it.

That's because he's a fake. He searches for ways to be

May 23, 2011, 11:51 AM

"negative". That's why he's not realistic or objective, and that's why he goes silent when faced with facts. Then he'll simply regurgitate the same overly repeated nonsense later when the smoke clears.

I know him personally. I once ate dinner with him and a bunch of gamecock fans. I have a pic to prove it if I can find it on an old hard drive. The scary thing is, even gamecock fans think he's insane and over the edge, and that was 10 years ago. You could tell just by sitting there with him that something was not right about him. He's apparently continued his slide over the years; his bizarre routine since day 1 of joining in 2009 is proof positive of that.

It's up to you what you believe, but I can tell you from direct contact that you're being gullible if you choose to go along with his deranged facade.

Patently false. I respect others opinions and if I do any

May 23, 2011, 1:45 PM [ in reply to But you are not realistic or objective.... ]

name calling its after biting my tongue for a while from all those calling me names.

Re: i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing

May 22, 2011, 10:04 PM [ in reply to i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing ]

you sir are the saddest excuse i have seen in a long time. i cant even imagine what your real life if like and god knows what the people that live with you must go through.

lol my real life is fine, which is why, unlike you judgmenta

May 23, 2011, 1:37 PM

tools I don't spend much time on TNET. Only bits & spurts.

Re: lol my real life is fine, which is why, unlike you judgmenta

May 23, 2011, 1:42 PM

Oh is that way you have over 4000 post since 09?

Good thing you don't spend alot of time here

Aren't too smart are you? Number of poss and time are 2

May 23, 2011, 1:54 PM

different concepts.

Re: Aren't too smart are you? Number of poss and time are 2

May 23, 2011, 2:07 PM

Time? Ive been here since 2000 and you have more post than me. You never answered my ? about Emory Smith.

How did you watch him drag the coots up and down the field in 1989 when we beat them 45-0

You ARE a NEGATIVE person

May 23, 2011, 11:59 AM [ in reply to i'm not "finding" stuff to whine about. I'm simply pointing ]

i rarely see you post something positive on this board.

You mistake straight fwd opinions for negativity. You think

May 23, 2011, 1:39 PM

if something isn't positive, or orange tinted then it must be negative.

how is cutting a RED HOT baseball team

May 23, 2011, 1:54 PM

and suggesting that Jack should lose his job not negative?

Back-pedaling to begin in 3-2-1, take it Blue Caddy.

63-17

What do you mean by...

May 22, 2011, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Um, he deserves some heat, sorry. We aren't nearly as good ]

"...not as good as we were" (not that you have any right to put yourself into the program)? You keep saying that but are yet to define it. If you mean Clemson hasn't turned out 6 Major Leaguers in a 3-year span like 1995-97, then maybe that's true. Shane Monahan was drafted in 95 as was Scott Winchester. Kris Benson, Billy Koch, and and Ken Vining were drafted in 96 and Matt LeCroy was drafted in 97. They all went on to play in the Major Leagues. That is an unrealistic expectation. I often see (early in the season) the idiotic statement "I don't see a Khalil Greene or Jeff Baker or Michael Johnson on this team". Well duh. Having a threesome like that is an aberration. And no, Clemson did NOT play FSU and Miami EVERY YEAR before they joined the conference. Clemson played Florida State once between 1984 and 1992 and that was the 1999 NCAA Tournament. Clemson didn't play Miami between 2001 and 2005 (01 was a Super Regional) and didn't play them in 91, 92, or 93.
No, Jack Leggett does NOT deserve any heat. He and Larry Penley are the most consistently successful coaches Clemson's had in decades. Nancy Harris is on that list too.

Look sport, we played FSU & Mia a LOT before they joined

May 22, 2011, 12:24 AM

the ACC. Maybe not every year, but often. And FYI, 1999 came AFTER 1992.

Second, you go look at the stats, the numbers, wins/losses, ACC chmpionships, etc. Any way you want to measure it, Jack did FAR better his first 7 years than his last 7 years. We have in fact dropped off! We are NOT as good as we were, nor as consistent.

Forget FSU & Mia, look at USC, UVa, & UNC, they are all better programs now.

Jack deserves heat, esp for being 0 for the 4 most important games in CU baseball history! If we win just 1 of those 4 games we are playing for a CWS title, yet we chocked to USC!!

I gave you the stats...

May 22, 2011, 12:36 AM

and I tried to inform you that having 6 players make the Major Leagues from 3 drafts is an aberration, yet you choose to ignore it. Did you ever stop and think that maybe they were part of the reason for the success those first 7 years? Do you expect to have that kind of talent every year? Clemson got lucky on most of those players making it to the Major Leagues. You said Clemson played Miami and FSU EVERY YEAR before they joined the league and that isn't true. I also explained to you that SC and NC have completely replaced their stadiums in the last couple of years, yet you choose to ignore THAT. I asked you what had you done to help the "problem" and I got no answer. UVa spent millions improving their stadium in the last few years. Clemson needs MAJOR work to improve the players' facilities in order to keep up with North Carolina, Virginia, South Carolina, and others. If I had the money, it would be done by next season. Unfortunately, I don't. Why don't you try to solve the "problems" instead of just pointing them out all the time?

Jack has been here a long time, stop yacking about one

May 22, 2011, 2:38 AM

group of players! We had great teams before that group of players. In fact, none of those guys played on our great 60-10 team coached by Wilhelm. Any way you slice it, Jack's last 7 years are not as good as his 1st 7. By any measurement. By any stat!

Re: Jack has been here a long time, stop yacking about one

May 22, 2011, 7:58 AM

The draft has played a role when you compare the early years to the later years.

Jeff Baker was drafted in the 4th round, Patrick Boyd in the second round and Tyler Lumsden in the 5th round and they came to clemson. Today players drafted in those rounds would not make it on campus.
In the 2002 draft Clemson lost the following players, Jeremy Hermedia, Jeff Francour was going to play football and baseball, Zack Grienke, and Matt Whitney.

Neil Walker who is currently playing with the Pirates signed with Clemson out of hs, but was a high draft pick.
The last 4-5 years clemson has lost a number of its top pitching prospects to the draft. Ethan Martin, Josh Smoker, Madison Youginer, and the Norris kid that they have signed will be a top draft pick this year
Post acc expansion results
2005 super regionals bayor, 2006 college world series
2007 super regionals miss state 2008 no post season
2009 super regionals ariz state, 2010 college world series. One off year in 2008, 2 trips to omaha in that six year period.

So only CU loses players to the draft or injury???? That

May 22, 2011, 11:18 AM

doesn't explain the obvious slip, nor why USC, UNC, UVa, etc. have blown past us. It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with going 0 for Omaha vs. USC, or being 2nd only to FSU in terms of trips to the CWS without winning a title.

Look sport? Ok chief.

May 22, 2011, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Look sport, we played FSU & Mia a LOT before they joined ]

I am just wondering when you are going to pull your foot out of your mouth. You were wrong about brownell (originally), You are wrong about jack, and we are all sick of your 5 paragraph Unabomber-esque tirades about how bad EVERYTHING is at Clemson.

We are playing great baseball right now, Sport. Another trip to Omaha certainly seems possible. Cheer up and leave jack alone.

63-17

I was saying good things about BB 7 games into the season.

May 22, 2011, 11:21 AM

I was right about TB his 3rd year, I was right about Shyatt, I will be proven right about Dabo, and the numbers support my comments regarding Jack.

I was anti BB at the very start, but VERY quickly admitted I was wrong and among the first to start praising him on TNET and I have re-posted threads roving it!

Re: I was saying good things about BB 7 games into the season.

May 23, 2011, 2:13 PM

Yeah right!!! Just like you've never been wrong in 10 years on T-net. Yet you've only been a memeber since 2009

Re: Look sport, we played FSU & Mia a LOT before they joined

May 22, 2011, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Look sport, we played FSU & Mia a LOT before they joined ]

Hate to inform you, but every loss is not a "chock". Other teams also have players who want to win every time.
If the best teams always won every game, the New York Yankees would go undefeated most years.
Get a life!

Oh I'm sorry, pardon my typo. Whatever. And in 2002 we DID

May 22, 2011, 11:22 AM

choke versus USC.

Re: Only one way to put it. You are full of it.***

May 22, 2011, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Um, he deserves some heat, sorry. We aren't nearly as good ]

god bless Jack Leggett***

May 22, 2011, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Um, he deserves some heat, sorry. We aren't nearly as good ]

settle down, he won a series, not a championship

May 21, 2011, 11:48 PM

and I'm not talking ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The championship will be decided next week.***

May 22, 2011, 12:12 AM

Georgia Tech says Hello***

May 22, 2011, 8:33 AM [ in reply to settle down, he won a series, not a championship ]

Re: Idiots Who Cried "Fire Leggett "

May 22, 2011, 12:56 AM

wow really???? drink much?????

May 22, 2011, 7:48 AM

So oh great Jack haters...who would we get? Ever stop to think about that? Do you have a secret list of coaches who are ready and willing to come to a school that just fired a coach with the kind of win/loss record over the past 14 years? Are there coaches who are willing to come here knowing that if they lose a series, people will be lining up to tar and feather them? It is the same with football, basketball and even non-revenue sports. Do you work in a job where every decision and every day you are evaluated based on a one day performance or are you judged by a body of work? Jack produces quality players who don't get in trouble and yet they consistently win. Lighten up Francis!

You can't stop the world from having morons....Jack will end

May 22, 2011, 8:14 AM

up being in the top 5 in all time wins by the time he retires.

Haters and baters will always be around.

PS. These dumb ##### never even go to a game. Let the rest of us enjoy a great coach and team.

Re: You can't stop the world from having morons....Jack will end

May 22, 2011, 8:26 AM

Face it. There are guys on here that just look for reasons to say the sky is falling. They must be pitiful when we win. Some think they should be consulted for choice of coaches.
I wonder if Blue Caddy & his cohorts ever played sports or coached anything in their lives?
It must be bad to go through life with the glass always half empty.

Ugly dog on a chain?

May 22, 2011, 8:27 AM [ in reply to You can't stop the world from having morons....Jack will end ]

Have you ever noticed that an ugly dog on a chain barks like crazy at anyone and anything that passes? Blue Caddy is like an ugly dog on a chain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol***

May 23, 2011, 1:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2011, 9:42 AM

The heat on him has nothing to do with performance. It has every ting to do with the gamecock are the top program in the country.

Like the heat on dabo, it going to be tough this season with the gamecock fielding one of the best teams in its history.

Honestly, as long as Tanner uses the methods of cutting

May 22, 2011, 9:48 AM

players that he does, USC will be on top. He is the Nick Saban of college baseball. He will have to cut up to 16 players this coming year depending on the draft.

SEC has redefined recruting in all sports. Got to womder about those parents who would let a kid play for an SEC school when there is such a high chance of losing their scholarships.

Amateur sports at its best.

Re: Honestly, as long as Tanner uses the methods of cutting

May 22, 2011, 10:11 AM

That what happen when you are the top program in the country. Kid fall over themselves to get in... If they make the cut they are on the team playing for championships year after year.

Also tanner is the most love coach in this state... Guess its working ;)

May 22, 2011, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Idiots Who Cried "Fire Leggett " ]

LOL

Even in the face of success

May 23, 2011, 12:53 PM

there are fans like oldtom that try to start drama within our fanbase. Why can't people just be happy with success and enjoy it?

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic