Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New to this board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

New to this board

Apr 22, 2011, 5:01 PM

but not to clemson football..not sure how many of you were at the orange bowl in 1982 watching the tigers take care of business against Nebraska..something no coot fan can ever take aways from us... I was there..I see lots of Danny Ford in Dabo and to see some many of you on here saying negative things constantly about Dabo..that helps no one and certainly if any of the players read this does not help Clemson..Some of you are very young and just have no clue...so easy to blame someone else.. Let Dabo do his thing.. We have one of the best recruiting classes, if not the best coming to Clemson..Before we get all negative.. lets see what Dabo and his coaches can do...So easy to be fair weather fan.. but I know a lot of you are like me and bleed orange no matter what..Lets get positive for 2011...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New to this board

Apr 22, 2011, 5:03 PM

Good post!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2011, 5:05 PM

Well, a true fan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason this country has a future.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO

Thanks for the positive post.....VERY rare!!! Welcome!***

Apr 22, 2011, 5:24 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How could someone give a thumbs down for this post?

Apr 22, 2011, 5:37 PM

Must've been a coot. Anyways, awesome post!

Re: How could someone give a thumbs down for this post?

Apr 22, 2011, 5:40 PM

there are people here that defy belief (not in the good way)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget...Blue Caddy is back on the board***

Apr 22, 2011, 5:51 PM [ in reply to How could someone give a thumbs down for this post? ]

Good luck and god speed my friend***

Apr 22, 2011, 5:47 PM

Apr 22, 2011, 6:58 PM

dont matter where we were in 82
dabo is on a short leash
we will see how his changes work out.

Apr 22, 2011, 7:04 PM

Are you sure that is the comparison that should be made?
The 82 Orange was my first Clemson game.
Do not see the parallel. Glad you are a Clemson fan.
Wonder if the years have been kind though.

Apr 22, 2011, 8:14 PM

you missed the whole point of the statment.. I am not comparing 82 to the this team....just see some similarites in both coaching...take it how you would like

Apr 22, 2011, 9:54 PM

Missed not any of the point. The way that team was coached does not resemble Dabo coaching.

Apr 22, 2011, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: New to this board ]

For who, YOU, A H....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as you're not a coot, you're good to go.***

Apr 22, 2011, 7:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Apr 22, 2011, 8:23 PM

He%% of a post buddy, and welcome to the board.

I wasn't born in '82 but I still love to know as much as I can and appreciate our history / tradition at Clemson while I'm also of the mindset that our future is bright and always live in the present (Every day bleed orange and feel proud to be a Tiger).

Apr 22, 2011, 9:52 PM

I sure see your point! I attended all the Home games of 1979-1980,1980-1981 and remember alot of fans grumbling for Danny to be ousted. Then BAMM !! undefeated, National Champs, Danny became a legend and the rest is history. I was also in Miami for the National Championship game. Hope Dabo can be successful too, because I sure appreciate his enthusiasm for Tiger Football!!

Apr 22, 2011, 9:59 PM

During that time I saw there was good things. And they were due for a breakout. Reference the Georgia game 1980.

Apr 22, 2011, 10:11 PM

That year, the game that actually had me enthusiastic for the following season was the last game of the season,27-6 upset of a heavily favored Carolina team,with George Rogers. Just had no idea it would be undefeated, National Champs!!

Apr 23, 2011, 6:59 AM

I agree 100% with your assessment. I remember thru out the mid to late 80's even then there were those that thought Danny should have been replaced. How many times in the stands did we hear 3 yards and a cloud of dust on a 3rd and 8 play when we thought we should throw. Only to find out later when talking with him that the strategy was to give up possessions to bait the defense, and then bust em with a pass that covered 50 yards or more that was wide open. A lot of those big plays in the 80s were set up by the 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Danny and Dabo share several traits, both work hard, both want to win, both or no nonsense, both enforce discipline, and both expect the best from there staff and players.

Point #30 . Welcome to the Hall of Fame!***

Apr 23, 2011, 8:06 AM

Apr 23, 2011, 8:11 AM

Welcome. My family and I were at the Orange Bowl. We are Tigers through and through. Excellent post.
Some on this board are not happy unless making negative posts. Hope they will realize the damage that can be done.
Dabo and his staff are doing an excellent job recruiting one of the best classes ever. Let them do their jobs and stay positive. Things will be just fine with Clemson.

Apr 23, 2011, 6:27 PM

It is a shame that some so called fans can't accept any sign of progress. I was going to the '82 OB but my dad was sick and actually passed away early morning of 1/1/82. I remember sitting in den at mother's house watching the game by myself, thinking that dad had a much better seat than we ever had at DV.

Just like Danny, Dabo had to learn on the job. Sometimes you make wrong choices. Hopefully he has righted the ship. I am pulling for him.

Like your positive approach. Love Dabo's recruiting,

Apr 23, 2011, 8:47 PM

Steele's ability, and Morris' potential. So Coaches ... play the BEST talent this year and do your best. Thats all we as Tiger fans can expect. Based on the spring depth chart, the more experienced and less talented players are at the top of the charts. This happens every year at Clemson. So what is different this year? Can we PLEASE shake things up in 2011 by playing the best talent? This will produce more wins and many more positive Tiger fans.

BTW, I attended every home game from 1979 - 1984. Dabo and Ford (in the early 80's) do have their youth in common, but have vastly different personalities and approaches. Dabo is a very politically correct media friendly coach who wants to be the players' friend. Ford inspired, created fear, ruled with an iron fist, and built a team that loved to hit, and similar to Saban and Meyer in today's game, he won big.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic