Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate to say this, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,916

I hate to say this, but

Mar 5, 2011, 9:13 PM

I think we are on the cusp of doing something special in all sports.

For all the flack our administration has caught for things they have done or decided on, I think we are right there.

Baseball conitnues to be a solid thing, Football is on the rise with the new hires and recruiting class, and basketball is making a surge to be better than they were before.

Think about it, Brownell is proving to be a solid hire. Dabo is showing he had some learning to do to be a head coach, but has made solid hires and has recruited highly. The baseball team continues to be a contender year in and year out, and yes I know TDP has had no moves here.

I think with a little and I mean just a little patience we will be a very solid school in all major athletics.

How about this, let's all get behind all of these programs and support them. If they fail then we have a reason to be pessimistic and negative, but if we give them a legitimate amount of time meaning this year and maybe next to prove themselves, I think we will all be very surprised with all of our athletic teams!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Football comes off first losing season in 12 years.

Mar 5, 2011, 9:26 PM

Only one way to go is up.

Coots have dominated Clemson in almost every sport for a couple of years now.

Is the Athletic Department still writing checks to OP and Tommy Bowden?

Heck, why doesn't TDP give Dabo a 12-year contract simply due to a solid recruiting class?

Holy crap...a great football recruiting class and a basketball win makes some folks lose their mind. Clemson's leadership and AD has to deliver over the LONG haul before it begins to get a whole lot of credit from me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no they are not writing checks to OP.

Mar 5, 2011, 9:30 PM

TB had to go. enough said.

Message was edited by: clemsonphi®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

Dadgum, some of you people are hard to please!***

Mar 5, 2011, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Football comes off first losing season in 12 years. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Some of you overrate the coot success IMO. Football....

Mar 6, 2011, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Football comes off first losing season in 12 years. ]

finally won 2 in a row (1st time in 40 years mind you). Baseball was 3-3 last year (yes they won 2 when stakes were at their highest, so give them credit for that). basketball finally won 1 after losing 7 straight. Yes I hate to lose to them even once, but their "so called dominance" isn't as dominant as some would like to believe.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correction, baseball was 2-3 last year. Point still stands.***

Mar 6, 2011, 9:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's just put our money where our mouth is, shall we?

Mar 6, 2011, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Football comes off first losing season in 12 years. ]

I am willing to wager the football team has a successful season. Would you like to wager on it? I understand your trepidation towards jumping on the bus based on coaching changes and new talent, but then again your opinion is no more worthy than the guy you chastised. We can all have opinions, so let's just cut to the chase. Shall we?

And by the way, the ##### haven't dominated us "in almost every sport for a couple of years now." They won a football game in 2009, and then dominated us is 2010. That doesn't mean the sky is falling, and I should subscribe to your way of thinking.

Why would OP get a check? He ended the contract, not Clemson***

Mar 6, 2011, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Football comes off first losing season in 12 years. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dr. Phillips hasn't made any personel moves in baseball...

Mar 6, 2011, 12:03 AM

mainly because they aren't needed, but he was part of the planning process for the renovations and additions that have been made in the last couple of years and will be made soon.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,916
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic