Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dancing with the wicked stepsister...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 497

Dancing with the wicked stepsister...

Mar 11, 2005, 5:57 AM

In our deserved joy in trouncing the Turtles once again, I've noticed a few folks who have remarked on the team's improvement. On a given day, finally, we feel we can play with anybody.

In about 6 hours, we'll get that chance. Before Cinderella can slip on the glass sneakers, we're gonna have to dance with one butt-ugly stepsister.

There's a tendency to go into today's tango thinking that win or lose, we've proven ourselves to be a team on the rise. After all, we have six more wins than the year before vs. a tougher schedule and a decent RPI to show for it. Plus we'll have the chance to add to that win total in the NIT.

If that's your thinking, I want you to stop it....NOW! The minute we allow ourselves to think of the NIT as a pleasant enough prom date, we have given this game to our goat of a stepsister. May, Felton, Williams and those other household names of the ACC won't have to put us back on the generic shelf. We'll have done the work for them.

We are not generic. We are not less deserving.
We are Clemson; we're better than that. And we have just as much claim to a dance card as anyone else.

Today we have a date with Destiny; and it looks like she's ordered the lobster. It's our job to make sure she chokes on it.

Win or lose we'll always be Tigers, and we'll be proud of you guys. But these are the games that make legends.

Tigers, it's time to show that blue, butt-ugly stepsister a new step or two.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen.***

Mar 11, 2005, 6:18 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dancing with the wicked stepsister...

Mar 11, 2005, 6:18 AM

Date you Destiny you say???

I say we smack da hoe!

LOL

Excellent post!

Mar 11, 2005, 6:46 AM

What we all need to learn is patience. As long as our program is showing imporovement then we should learn to accept that process. A big win is a step in the right direction. Another big win is yet another step and not some sort of instant giant leap to the next level. Lasting monuments are not built overnight.

That said, a win over the butt-ugly stepsister would be yet another brick in place in the monumental rebuilding of our basketball program, and I say lets cement that brick in place. If we accomplish that task let's remember to celebrate but realize it is just another step in a long and difficult process.

Go Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: KN0TAMUZED2®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The main problem in convincing stupid people that they are stupid, is that they are usually too stupid to comprehend their own stupidity.

http://www.myspace.com/beejishere

Drive fast, turn left!

Re: Dancing with the wicked stepsister...

Mar 11, 2005, 6:55 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!! well written thoughts

Preach on Rev!***

Mar 11, 2005, 7:22 AM

27-20. 63-17. 29-7. 13-9. PERIOD.

Harrumph!!!***

Mar 11, 2005, 8:20 AM

Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!! Harrumph!!!***

Mar 11, 2005, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My fave part -- "We are Clemson. We're better than that."***

Mar 11, 2005, 8:25 AM

Great post.***

Mar 11, 2005, 8:32 AM

Go Tigers! Go Steelers!

Replies: 9
| visibility 497
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic