Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah I left early
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Yeah I left early

Oct 20, 2013, 4:25 PM

Had they been giving 110% and still got that *** handed to them I wouldnt mind staying and supporting them. We didnt even get 100% much less 110%. Why stay to see wide open passes dropped/underthrown? Or interceptions thrown when FSU only had 10 players on the field! The team acted like they werent excited to be there so why should the fans? The team put forth a half *** effort and deserved to play in an empty stadium. You arent a better fan for staying, youre just a glutten for punishment...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why doesn't this team get Motivated for Big games??

Oct 20, 2013, 4:28 PM

Kinda strange. The orange bowl. The coot games etc. What is their problem? Your not the only one to notice it by far

guess you forgot about lsu/uga***

Oct 20, 2013, 5:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would be Motivated for every game. Not everybody gets to

Oct 20, 2013, 5:13 PM

be a part of a College football team

Nice pulse .....COOT !! *****

Oct 20, 2013, 7:04 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why doesn't this team get Motivated for Big games??

Oct 20, 2013, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Why doesn't this team get Motivated for Big games?? ]

LSU game...Georgia game...come on. Sounds like ESPN.

Oct 20, 2013, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Why doesn't this team get Motivated for Big games?? ]

Motivation has to come from within and brought to the fore by coaches. This game was one of the worst coached games I've seen in over a decade! These coaches need to apologize to our loyal
tiger fans for the shi..y job they did.

good point

Oct 20, 2013, 10:24 PM

I saw Les Miles accept fault and full responsibility for LSU's loss yesterday. That's how it's done. That's leadership.

Oct 20, 2013, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Why doesn't this team get Motivated for Big games?? ]

I think the "we didn't show up" excuse is just that, with the purpose of making us feel better about the fact that we just lost to a better team. It's true that we didn't help our cause with all of the mistakes, but a lot of those mistakes were created by the play and pressure applied by the opponent.

i stayed the whole time but only because

Oct 20, 2013, 4:30 PM

this is the only game this season i will get to see in person and probably the only one for a few years.

I'm sorry.***

Oct 20, 2013, 4:34 PM

My condolences.***

Oct 20, 2013, 4:56 PM [ in reply to i stayed the whole time but only because ]

We sat right behind the bench

Oct 20, 2013, 4:43 PM

And I pointed the same thing out to my buddies. The players just don't seem to talk with each other / have fun on the sidelines. I've got a few players in my classes and it seems to be the same thing. This years team might just not have good chemistry like in past years.

did you see Jameis's locker room speech before the game

Oct 20, 2013, 4:44 PM

"my brothers, put a SMILE on your face"

For a freshman, he's one hell of a leader. We are missing y

Oct 20, 2013, 5:11 PM

That

Re: We sat right behind the bench

Oct 20, 2013, 5:04 PM [ in reply to We sat right behind the bench ]

'just a comment...I've never heard anyone say how they
are "supposed to behave" on the sideline. We've all heard the comment on "overly excited" behavior; and that's
"act like you've been there before". And be professional in your behavior... It could be some of these expectations entering the picture. Like I mentioned, I just don't know. 'just postulating. Thoughts?
GO TIGERS!!!

At least we were there. Obviously..,,,

Oct 20, 2013, 5:05 PM

....the team never bothered to show up at all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah I left early

Oct 20, 2013, 5:07 PM

Then you should give up your tickets and buy season ticket to Usuck next season. It's embarrassing that your allegiance to Clemson is based on the football players. Young men that need your support and many others. They feel worse about this game than you do, know that. They fought and we got manhandled. Either stay for the whole game regardless of your excuses as to why you left early, or just shut up because this makes me sick. It's one thing when to leave early, it's another that you felt guilty enough to come on here and defend your atrocious actions!

ALL IN you are not!

You say they fought? Didn't see much fight in our boys last

Oct 20, 2013, 5:10 PM

Night with the exception of a few

Oct 20, 2013, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah I left early ]

THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE ELSE CAN RELATE TO MY POST!!! TIGERS BABY ALL DAY ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah im not all in...

Oct 20, 2013, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah I left early ]

Its not like I paid $250 for 2 upper deck tickets and drove 7 hours to see the only game I will be able to attend this year. Excuse me for being a little disappointed on the half *** effort I saw last night. Maybe 1 day ill be a all in super fan like you.

Ignore these Control freaks. They like to mind everyone else

Oct 20, 2013, 5:16 PM

bidness

I would have stayed until the clock hit zero if those boys

Oct 20, 2013, 5:25 PM

Gave 110%... Even if we lost by 50! I can respect getting beat but I can't respect laying down and giving up. We are suppose to be better than that! I paid a #### car payment for a ticket in the uppers, left my baby at home with my husband, and made the 2 hour trip meanwhile suffering from a sinus infection. So if I like other tiger fans made the sacrifice to go to the game, its our god given right to leave early if we please! Don't tell me I'm not a fan because I left early.

Re: Yeah im not all in...

Oct 20, 2013, 5:20 PM [ in reply to Yeah im not all in... ]

Dang you did all that but couldn't even stay for the whole game. I'm sure Dabo will be calling you today to apologize for your superior analysis of the game. I'm sure you will be in the hunt for a coaching job this year. Congrats. I hate hearing fans whine that don't stay for the whole game. That is what the coots do my friend. I believe you are big Clemson fan, but it's people like you that drive me crazy. You took your dog out of the fight when you left. You quit on Clemson. No I did not leave early during the Orange Bowl, no I don't leave early. It makes me sick to see people leaving early. If you leave early, fine, just don't defend it by blaming 18-22 year old kids. Grow up!

Well give yourself a pat on the back***

Oct 20, 2013, 5:26 PM

Quick question.....

Oct 20, 2013, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah im not all in... ]

did YOU even put your dog in the fight? You were posting on Tigernet at 8:03pm and 8:09 pm last night. Were you even at the game? If you were, you were ignoring the team by not being All In inside the stadium or arrived late for the game. If you were not at the game not sure you even have a dog in this fight.

Funny...if he was on Tigernet and at the game, that's a

Oct 20, 2013, 5:41 PM

Miracle. I get terrible service and couldn't even make a call. He was probably at home sitting in front of his TV calling us out for leaving. If he was there, why the hell are you on your phone during the game? Might as well go home!

Re: Funny...if he was on Tigernet and at the game, that's a

Oct 20, 2013, 7:27 PM

I never said I was at the game. I work obligations that did not allow me to go. It's just sad that you idiots don't think this team fought until the end, well I guess y'all would not know because y'all were not there to watch it. The chances I get to attend the games I stay until the end regardless. It's fair weather fans like y'all that make it so irritating for the true fans. Y'all act like a bunch a #### babies. If you left the game early fine, why do you need to defend yourself? Because you feel guilty, and then you say the team didn't 110%, but yet you were not there too watch it!

Are you done with the name calling? Feel better now?

Oct 20, 2013, 8:10 PM

You're out of your mind if you think those boys didn't give up with the exception of a few. I didn't have to stay the entire game! It was evident that they had given up when I left during the 4th! What you didn't see because YOU weren't there, is that there was no emotion on those sidelines from the coaches or the players! Fans were screaming their ##### off even though there was nothing to scream about! Because I left early doesn't make me a fair weather fan. For you to criticize fans that actually went to the game when you didn't makes you look rather stupid. I made the decision to leave for my two hour drive home because I'd rather be home with my 11 month old. By the way, there is something called sick/personal days that you can use to attend the biggest game in Recent CU history. Use them! That's what us "true fans" do!

Re: Are you done with the name calling? Feel better now?

Oct 20, 2013, 9:12 PM

What he doesn't get is that 99% of us that watched on TV saw what you saw at the game. Even the bus ride was unemotional. I kept waiting for a player to break out screaming and ignite that bus. Now, granted, I think they only showed one of the busses, so I am not sure what happened on the others. I felt like we were doomed at that early point. And when we got down 14 so fast...I knew it was over. Never saw much emotion from players or the coaches after that. Never saw Coach V going nuts like he usually does. Never say Morris jumping all over the place to even get a players attention. Dabo looked like he was at a funeral......(ok, no comment on that..lol) Heck I even changed the channel to another game in the 4th qt to watch some realy football.

Are we as bad as we looked last night, NO. But we were not anywhere close to being a #3 team. We are ranked right now where we probably should have been all season. Sure, we beat Ga when they were healty, but were they as good as the media had made them?

So, you idiot....you are not the only idiot. Count me in, too.......;)

Just another one complaining about fans that were there....

Oct 20, 2013, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Quick question..... ]

While sitting on his ### watching on TV.

LMAO ... well done, sir

Oct 20, 2013, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Quick question..... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: Yeah im not all in...

Oct 20, 2013, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah im not all in... ]

Were you at the game, inside the stadium? If not, doesn't sound like you are all in either.

I left early too! Well said!***

Oct 20, 2013, 5:08 PM

Re: I left early too! Well said!***

Oct 20, 2013, 5:41 PM

We made it to the 3rd qtr interception- home by 12:30 instead of 3am. I'm not giving up on Clemson, Tahj, Dabo and the team (although Seckinger isn't high on my list right now) just because we listened to the quarter and missed Cole Stoudt's touchdown. There's plenty of football left to win. We are in the top 10 and the sun still rose this morning. Yeah a lot of folks pay a lot of money to tailgate at a perfect venue. So what? If you don't have the money, stay home and give up your IPTAY seats to someone else.

My brothers???

Oct 20, 2013, 5:43 PM

Nah I'm sure I heard him say muthafu***s put a smile on

Oct 20, 2013, 6:11 PM

Drove 10 hours from FL. I only go to the big ranked matches. I left the orange bowl early and I left last night in the 3rd. We showed up, they didn't. Why should I stick around and be miserable? They did not show up last night. We should have kicked them the ball first to open the game. Terrible coaching

They just had a bad night. They gave 110%. They continued

Oct 20, 2013, 6:34 PM

to play. How dare you question their level of effort. Just because one makes mistakes, does not mean they aren't giving forth their effort! Unlike you, they were there until there was 00:00 on the clock left. I'd say they gave it their all. Yes losing sucks, but it doesn't mean you have to degrade the players for having an off night.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Um theyed even tell you that wasnt 110%

Oct 20, 2013, 6:45 PM

110% doesnt equal numerous dropped passes, poor blocking, bad throws, etc. Youre blind if you thought that was 110% effort.

Re: Um theyed even tell you that wasnt 110%

Oct 20, 2013, 7:28 PM

None of what you say has anything to do with "effort".

Oct 20, 2013, 7:18 PM

I was there and stayed till the very end and sang the Alma Mater !! I've done that every game this season and will continue to. I'm just think that's what a true fan does. You obviously feel differently !!

Re: My brothers

Oct 20, 2013, 10:18 PM

Really? I taped the game and watched the beginning this morning. He said "brothers". Are you really going there? Winston played a great game and clearly his team respects him.

I have to say iliked that speech***

Oct 20, 2013, 11:24 PM

Oct 20, 2013, 10:25 PM

We got out coached by a team not known for its coaches! Can #16 and #86 not be put on the field?

who?***

Oct 21, 2013, 6:36 PM

I'm tired of the talk in this thread about 110% effort.

Oct 21, 2013, 1:04 AM

1. Giving 110% is not possible, because by definition 100% is maximum effort. Saying otherwise, even if you are Frank Howard, makes you sound stupid.

2. We didn't give 100% as a team. If we had, we wouldn't have lost like that. I do think our team played hard though. Just not hard (and smart) enough.

3. With that said, fans can leave early if they want to. Stop judging their dedication based on what you think is appropriate. Staying to watch our team crap the bed doesn't make you a better fan. Get over yourselves.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

you cannot give 110, you would die***

Oct 21, 2013, 10:35 PM

Quitting on your team after one loss, doesn't make you...

Oct 22, 2013, 9:46 PM [ in reply to I'm tired of the talk in this thread about 110% effort. ]

a better fan either. It just makes you a quitter.

I did not leave!

Oct 21, 2013, 6:43 PM

If our team is on the field busting their *ss to win, or in this case, not get further embarrassed, then every Clemson fan should stay to show their support until the final whistle. All those sorry fans that left showed our recruits that some of the fan base is still not "All In". I stayed and suffered just like the team I support without qualifications or reservations. Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I did not leave!

Oct 21, 2013, 10:38 PM

I probably should have stayed, but 10 hours of tailgating was a lot to recover from.

Re: I did not leave!

Oct 22, 2013, 8:51 PM

Im dealing with some health issues that for sure would not have been a problem (until the next day)had there been a football game to watch. We left at the 3rd quarter interception, cold, tired, and disgusted. Unlike some "true fans" who sold their seats to FLORIDA STATE FANS, we attended and did not sell out to the highest bidder. How about the students? They camped for two weeks, most over fall break, got up at 3am to represent us at Game Day, stood in line for 3 hours before the game, then stood the entire game only to watch a blood bath. Many stayed, some did not.
Who is anyone to call out another Tiger Fan for leaving, changing the channel, etc? All of this calling each other out sounds like a bunch of shamecocks to me.

If you're still that angry about, then you really need to..

Oct 22, 2013, 9:44 PM

get some perspective on life. These are 18-22 year old kids. There not gonna play perfect every single game. Nothing wrong with leaving early, cause of frustration over the loss. But if you're still this upset over losing to possibly the best team in the country, maybe you need to put football on the back burner and see what else life has to offer.

maybe he ws the***

Oct 22, 2013, 11:57 PM

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic