Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Princess Bride
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The Princess Bride

Jan 21, 2021, 11:48 AM

I have seen this movie a number of times over the years. Who hasn't? But I never noticed something until now. The grandson, (Fred Savage) has a lot of Chicago paraphernalia in his room. Among them....a poster of none other than William "The Refrigerator" Perry!!!! Yes Clemson's own Fridge is in that very famous movie!!!! How cool. And how have I never noticed that before?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Princess Bride

Jan 21, 2021, 12:11 PM

That,s a new one on me..I've never heard of that movie
although I do know who Fred Savage is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sanford & Son was great !!!!

Jan 21, 2021, 12:14 PM

:)

null

Jan 21, 2021, 12:19 PM

https://www.brandedinthe80s.com/tag/william-the-fridge-perry

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. I always thought that was neat.

Jan 21, 2021, 12:36 PM

But, what I didn't know, is that many people consider this a Christmas movie.

The Princess Bride is one of those rare movies that's almost universally beloved, and it's not uncommon to meet someone — or be someone — who has it practically memorized. Yet, even if you've seen the fantasy film a hundred times, you may not have realized that the grandson's (Fred Savage) sick day actually takes place over Christmas. Not only are there Santa decorations scattered all around the grandson's bedroom — including a prominent Santa that can be viewed right behind the grandfather (Peter Falk) in each of his reading scenes, hanging on the closet door — but there's also a mini-tree with festive lights on the hallway table outside his bedroom door and snow-covered, light-trimmed houses visible through the window.

While all of that could still indicate that the movie takes place just after Christmas, the biggest clue that The Princess Bride is indeed a Christmas movie comes in the form of the book itself. The grandfather gives the S. Morgenstern-penned novel to his grandson wrapped in Santa Claus-themed wrapping paper. And of course, if the book is a Christmas gift for the grandson, then the film that tells the story within can definitely qualify as a Christmas present for us.

Read More: https://www.looper.com/172229/movies-you-didnt-realize-were-secretly-christmas-movies/?utm_campaign=clip

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Yep. I always thought that was neat.

Jan 21, 2021, 1:35 PM

I will have to watch that movie since Columbo
is in it.

It isn't for everyone. But, it is one of my

Jan 21, 2021, 1:59 PM

favorite movies ... right behind The Dark Knight and Raiders of the Lost Ark and Breaking Bad (TV).

And, it is EXTREMELY quotable, like Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: It isn't for everyone. But, it is one of my

Jan 21, 2021, 8:31 PM

Prepare to die!

Guess I should have included: My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. . .

Message was edited by: Uncle Bill®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

You keep you using that word...

Jan 21, 2021, 4:20 PM

I do not think it means what you think it means...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Re: You keep you using that word...

Jan 21, 2021, 4:30 PM

Inconceivable!

Jan 21, 2021, 4:31 PM

Inconceivable!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: You keep you using that word... ]

LOL

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wuv, twue wuv....

Jan 22, 2021, 5:45 PM [ in reply to You keep you using that word... ]

Have fun storming the castle!

Jan 21, 2021, 6:31 PM

I have not seen this movie. But as a crusty, 70 year old Army veteran, I doubt I will ever watch any movie with the word “princess” in the title.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you don’t watch it, that would be a blunder ...

Jan 23, 2021, 11:46 AM

Otherwise,

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!”

Jan 21, 2021, 6:31 PM

I have not seen this movie. But as a crusty, 70 year old Army veteran, I doubt I will ever watch any movie with the word “princess” in the title.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 8:52 PM

Step out there and give it a shot. Andre the Giant is in it if that helps you.

Re:doubt I will ever watch any movie with the word “princess

Jan 22, 2021, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: The Princess Bride ]

This one is different - fire swamps, amazing sword fights, Billy Crystal & Carol Kane, poison goblets, a giant, a torture chamber, rodents of unusual size...

but even Disney princesses are a lot more self-sufficient than they used to be.

As you wish...

Jan 21, 2021, 8:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic