Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Paul Finebaum believes COVID-19 could 'blow up college football forever'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Paul Finebaum believes COVID-19 could 'blow up college football forever'

Jul 16, 2020, 7:30 PM

Paul Finebaum believes COVID-19 could 'blow up college football forever'

COVID-19 related deaths in the United States are estimated at least 138,000 victims, with positive cases surging drastically in many states. College Football an Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anyone would know about selling piles of manure***

Jan 31, 2022, 11:44 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you say...

Jul 16, 2020, 7:38 PM

ESPN still exists?***

Jul 16, 2020, 7:45 PM

He’s right.***

Jul 16, 2020, 7:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum believes COVID-19 could 'blow up college football forever'

Jul 16, 2020, 7:52 PM

Only thing dumber than that show is TNET posting their trash on here

Re: TNET: Paul Finebaum believes COVID-19 could 'blow up college football forever'

Jul 16, 2020, 8:01 PM

Kudos to Finebum for knowing “Sophie’s choice.” Seems above his pay grade of knowledge but I’m kind of impressed.

Jul 16, 2020, 8:45 PM

WOW. Forever is such a long time. Think how excited we ALL will be this time next year IF we are forced to be without Tiger football in 2020! A years forlough will not blow up college football. It will only enhance the joy of future seasons. Especially if you are a Tiger fan .... like me.

Jul 31, 2022, 12:47 PM

Sadly, I totally agree. This is not a win win situation, it is a lose lose one. People, especially governors, all across the country have resisted listening to the experts and have not social distanced nor worn masks. I am guilty too but now that there are so many cases in South Carolina and I know people with the virus, I am wearing a mask if I go in any store. A couple of months ago people thought we were over the hump and look at things now. If schools want football to be played just go ahead and say no fans and get on with it.

Jul 16, 2020, 8:43 PM

The voice of dumb.

Jul 16, 2020, 8:52 PM

I foresee the end of the NCAA and the resurgent of the power five

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forever?

Jul 16, 2020, 8:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a long time?

Jul 17, 2020, 12:14 AM

It sounds like a long time.

Re: Forever?

Jul 17, 2020, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Forever? ]

He's thinking like all of the wimp politicians. It is only a matter of time until the naysayers are debunked and the overcomers are going full speed.

Jul 16, 2020, 9:05 PM

Well then he would have to say that Clemson won 2 of the last 4 National championships!! He would retire for sure!

Well then he would have to say that Clemson won 2 of the last 4 National championships!! He would retire for sure!

1,500,000 people worldwide died of Tuberculosis in 2018.

Jul 16, 2020, 9:10 PM

We never even heard anything about it in the news. 130,000,000 people worldwide could starve to death because of the 2020 lockdowns. Stop this nonsense.

Re: 1,500,000 people worldwide died of Tuberculosis in 2018.

Jul 17, 2020, 7:59 AM

this comment is so misleading - people who keep up with world news would have been have informed but more on point there was less than 10,000 cases in the US in 2018. And, despite TB case counts and incidences in the US being the lowest ever reported in 2018, progress has slowed under our current administration due to the dismantle of needed committees by Donald Trump (the same committees that would have been able to give us a much faster and successful response against this corona virus) the current decline in TB incidences is insufficient to eliminate TB in the United States in the 21st century.” As far as the starving comment - we might as well say things like water treatment plants will all fail and the power grids will go down due to the lockdown. Both are unrealistic. Whats Next - will we here that wearing a mask causes women to go sterile?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2020, 9:19 PM

I'm gonna unsub if every time I open Tnet, there is an article about this Gollum creature.

Jul 16, 2020, 10:15 PM

It would come close to a fair trade off to forfeit college football for one year and never have to see his face or hear his voice again, in my naturally born life.

Jul 17, 2020, 8:06 AM

Just wanted Tigernet to know that every time you post something Paul Finebaum said you diminish both your reputation and my interest in your website. This man is the Howard Cossell of college football, a blowhard with no credibility.

Jul 17, 2020, 8:06 AM

As long as Alabama isn’t affected he doesn’t give a pile of Manure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

might be the first time I've agreed with PF.***

Jul 17, 2020, 12:07 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

if there is no vaccine we may never have

Jul 17, 2020, 12:33 PM

sports or any other entertainment with full venues ever again

Jul 17, 2020, 1:38 PM

I do this with disgust but I have to defend Finebaum this one time.

The "blow up" comment was made specifically for the scenario if the CFB season happened without protocols in place. I agree with him. The real problem with the statement is there is no way that would happen. The NCAA would not do anything to put itself in harms way (legally). Self-preservation is the organizations's strongest instinct. In fact, I believe the NCAA is just waiting on the clock to run out until conferences and state governments shut the season down.

The Tigernet headline is a bit inflammatory IMO.

My 2 cents.

Who?***

Jul 18, 2020, 9:38 PM

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic