Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 4,241

TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors

Jan 25, 2021, 7:01 AM

Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors

Coaching rumors, the opening at the University of Tennessee, and a possible schedule release highlighted the weekend in college football. Let’s get started with what we know and what we think. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks again David!!

Jan 25, 2021, 7:17 AM

After everything 2020 threw at us, we're ready to climb back to the top of the mountain again!

Go Tigers!!

Thanks for the updates.***

Jan 25, 2021, 7:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Thanks for the updates.***

Jan 25, 2021, 8:41 AM

Great information. I hope Coach Elliott stays too.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks for the updates.***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:23 AM

Just like I said yesterday, we have won 2 NC with TE as our OC!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors

Jan 25, 2021, 8:56 AM

If it's on the internet and someone tweets it must be true. lol. People of T-Net already picking out the next OC yeaterday.

Re: TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors

Jan 25, 2021, 9:22 AM

Georgia? No lol they’ve only had one #1 class. It would still be Alabama

Jan 25, 2021, 11:09 AM

Several thoughts about this story starting with it would be coaching suicide for Tony Elliott or any other well paid, employed assistant coach to take the job at Tennessee. Tennessee used to be one of the top 5 or 6 jobs in the country but those days are gone and it is not where Elliott needs to go.

Second and it will not be popular on this site but we were simply not a National Championship caliber team this past season. Fans can complain about coaches, about calls by referees, about the weather or whatever, but our team lost 2 games and was not good enough to win the championship. Coach Elliott, Coach Caldwell, Coach Reed or any other coach caused Ohio State to be better than we were.

No need worrying about a schedule or when we will be on the road or at home because that is determined by the conference. Everyone will find out soon enough.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:10 PM

Funny you don’t mention Covid related to our two losses. Once taking out our starting QB who destroyed ND when available for the rematch, and the second time taking out our OC/play caller two days before the Sugar Bowl.

Might have had something to do with the results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors ]

I thought David did a good job laying it out that UT is not the days of old. I think you meant to say, that NO coach caused us to lose any game, of which I agree. We've been fortunate the last 6 yrs to not be injury prone but it caught up to us this year. That said, this time last year, we were looking very competitive.

The rumors on CTE or the anonymous twitter post didn't concern me. What did was the article on tci that claims CTE hired an agent and then spelled out his close ties to the now AD at UT. Time will tell. We all know Dabo's a few steps ahead of everyone.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors ]

Agreed Valley Boy! Love the Tiger's coaching staff and players. All who work hard day after day. "Best is truly the Standard". Go Tigers... God's best to and for you all! Thank you David Hood and all T-Net staff for your hard work, dedication, and labor of love! God bless you all, and keep you safe. I can't speak for anyone else, but I love and truly appreciate all y'all do to keep us updated on T-Net. Keep up the awesome work! ??????

Jan 25, 2021, 11:33 AM

I don’t understand why Tennessee doesn’t offer Tee Martin the head coaching position. It’s going to be hard to attract someone into that mess that doesn’t already have ties to the university. Tee should have the support of the fans even through what promises to be a very rough stretch and he is the one candidate that could possibly have enough loyalty to stick it out through those times. If he can last through those years and build the program back up to any degree he could have a long future there. They need a coach that the players want to play for since the program itself won’t have a lot to offer for a while and I think he would be a real player’s coach. Personally I think they should have offered it to him when they hired Pruitt but what do I know.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:18 PM

rhettfla said:

I don’t understand why Tennessee doesn’t offer Tee Martin the head coaching position. It’s going to be hard to attract someone into that mess that doesn’t already have ties to the university. Tee should have the support of the fans even through what promises to be a very rough stretch and he is the one candidate that could possibly have enough loyalty to stick it out through those times. If he can last through those years and build the program back up to any degree he could have a long future there. They need a coach that the players want to play for since the program itself won’t have a lot to offer for a while and I think he would be a real player’s coach. Personally I think they should have offered it to him when they hired Pruitt but what do I know.

Common sense would lead one to same choice you pondered. However, they have already turned on Tee and don't like him now. Yes, they have eaten their own. The very QB who brought them their only NC since they did away with leather helmets.

Tee Martin got fired when he was OC at Southern Cal

Jan 25, 2021, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Monday Notebook: More on the ACC football schedule, Tony Elliott rumors ]

His skill set may be more suitable for being a HC than a coordinator, but I think it's understandable why there would be hesitation to hire a failed coordinator who also has no HC experience.

Also, has he been cleared of involvement in these recruiting violations?

Jan 25, 2021, 12:25 PM

Thank you David!!!

BC would probably WANT to come to SC for the 3rd year

Jan 25, 2021, 12:43 PM

Having spent a lot of time with their fans, I know for a fact that'd love to be here again. They travel down here in packs! A lot of the kids don't make into the game, but they still have a blast. Bunch of them travel down in rented motorhomes and stay out there at Y Beach. I've seen them swimming in Hartwell in November, but that's warm weather to them!

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Jan 25, 2021, 1:40 PM

Thanks David

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 9:09 PM

This week got interesting pretty quick here David Hood

I can’t believe you put work ahead of your wife and newborn child.

Jan 25, 2021, 11:07 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

Replies: 18
| visibility 4,241
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic