Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So whats the point of impeaching a past President?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

So whats the point of impeaching a past President?

Jan 22, 2021, 10:48 AM

Are they that scared of this dude? Why waste the time?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pelosi is on a vendetta***

Jan 22, 2021, 10:53 AM

Re: Pelosi is on a vendetta***

Jan 22, 2021, 11:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Pelosi is on a vendetta***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:02 PM [ in reply to Pelosi is on a vendetta*** ]

The “adults” are now supposedly in charge.
Yet they all act like spiteful mean girls in middle school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is

Jan 22, 2021, 10:54 AM

wrong bored moran

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President?

Jan 22, 2021, 10:55 AM

They should impeach Biden for all the stupid executives orders he has signed. Tough times ahead Tiger friends

Jan 23, 2021, 3:59 PM

I know right. Thank goodness Trump never signed a bunch of executive orders.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 10:56 AM

Ever since he said "I'm going to drain the swamp" they been scared. They just tried to make sure he couldn't run again in 2024. To late now, can't impeach a regular American Citizen. They are about the looniest group I've ever seen I swear.

So true about the swamp.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:09 PM

If you were a swamp creature, would you want it drained? Heck no!
That’s why some republicans turned against him as well.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So true about the swamp.

Jan 22, 2021, 4:03 PM

You absolutely nailed it. In the swamp occasionally a gator will eat a snake, or a snake will eat a frog, but in the end they are still all swamp creatures. I basically despise all of them regardless of race, age, gender, philosophy, national origin, etc!

Jan 22, 2021, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

I’m all about draining the swamp, but I don’t think Trump really got it done. Think he got mired in like many other well intended corruption busters. Same old corrupt politicians arguing about how to spend Americans hard earned dollars before Trump and after. Just my $0.02

Politicians are inherently self-serving...

Jan 22, 2021, 12:44 PM

which is why term limits are so important.

Our founding fathers never intended for Congress to be littered with career politicians.

Biden and his ilk have been fixtures in Washington for nearly 50 years. Now, all of sudden we're supposed to believe he's going to accomplish anything of note over the next four years?

His first couple of days on the job have been real encouraging. He effectively put thousands of people out of work.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Politicians are inherently self-serving...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:18 PM

I've got 7 months in the Biden dead pool. Figure on Pres. Harris by September.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Politicians are inherently self-serving...

Jan 22, 2021, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Politicians are inherently self-serving... ]

Go to Constitution of States and sign the petition for term limits. Google it and it is easy to find. Basically we need 2/3s of the states to support radifying the constitution for term limits.

The politicians are not going to pass term limits so we have to go over them.

While we are at it there needs to be an independent oversight that can confirm anything they pass they may benefit themselves.

Why do you think so many want to hand out the free stuff. Hey here is a $2000 per family person stimulus check if you vote for me an keep me employed and in power.

You see how this works. Meanwhile nothing of any consequence gets done and there is no compromise. Thus when the other party gets in power it just reverses what the other party did. Around we go deeper in debt every year.

Jan 22, 2021, 10:56 AM

Ever since he said "I'm going to drain the swamp" they been scared. They just tried to make sure he couldn't run again in 2024. To late now, can't impeach a regular American Citizen. They are about the looniest group I've ever seen I swear.

The Dems don't want him to be able to run again.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:03 AM

That coupled with the fact that Pelosi is an obsessive spiteful b!tch !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Dems don't want him to be able to run again.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:22 AM

Hold whatever political views you want, but please don’t post this kind of trash while representing Clemson. You can take it to whatever dark whole on the internet reaffirms your insecurities but for the love, have some respect for women, for yourself, and for my University.

Uh, oh ... someone has a different opinion than you.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:27 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Uh, oh ... someone has a different opinion than you.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:39 AM

Cute.

Re: Uh, oh ... someone has a different opinion than you.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Uh, oh ... someone has a different opinion than you. ]

This is a Football/Athletics board. Put that trash somewhere else. Get these goons out of here

Caught on camera ...

Jan 22, 2021, 1:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

^^^ Has posters of a scantily clad Pelosi on his walls ^^^***

Jan 22, 2021, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Re: The Dems don't want him to be able to run again. ]

?? ?? ??

Jan 22, 2021, 12:21 PM

?? ?? ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. And who's scantily clad for you in that scenario?

Jan 22, 2021, 1:01 PM [ in reply to ^^^ Has posters of a scantily clad Pelosi on his walls ^^^*** ]
gross.png(172.0 K)

Thankfully, posts on TigerNet don’t represent Clemson.***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: The Dems don't want him to be able to run again. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

That's quite the combo!

Jan 22, 2021, 6:56 PM [ in reply to The Dems don't want him to be able to run again. ]

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It ain't just them. I am a Republican, and I ALSO don't

Jan 22, 2021, 8:16 PM [ in reply to The Dems don't want him to be able to run again. ]

want him to be able to run again. He brought major embarrassment to his party, to the office of President, and to his country. Four years was more than enough, in restrospect. Had I any inkling of how his last days in office would go down, I would have spared myself the indignity of trying to get him reelected.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 11:15 AM

Mostly it bans them the impeached from ever holding a Federal public office again. I think that is the point as well as setting a precedence that the constitution

However, anyone that takes up arms, raids a federal compound in order to harm duly elected officials or disrupt the constitutionally mandated functions of government should be put 6 feet under and with a piece of granite labeled "traitor" above. There is no excuse.

The Constitution specifically identifies what constitutes treason against the United States and, importantly, limits the offense of treason to only two types of conduct: (1) “levying war” against the United States and that is EXACTLY what happened Jan 6th. Worse, the treason clause is very narrow but here is the kicker - you actually have to take up ACTIONs for treason to become relevant. You can talk all you want, even plan it out. but for a person could be convicted of treason for levying war only if there was an “actual assemblage of men for the purpose of executing a treasonable design.” In short, violent actions against the government.

Calling on individuals to storm congress to overturn an election/change the procedure is an actual assemblage of men for the purpose of a treasonable design - textbook treason.

Ok, then Don Jr can run instead ...

Jan 22, 2021, 11:51 AM

He would be just as good

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, then Don Jr can run instead ...

Jan 22, 2021, 11:51 AM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

He would be just as good

He couldn’t be any worse....***

Jan 22, 2021, 4:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

The same federal prosecutors who are investigating the losers that physically entered the capital building are investigating the people the led the rally and fomented the insurrection. The investigation and testimony presented at an impeachment hearing could be used as evidence in a federal cases.
BTW most of these people who are beeeching about the impeachment case would be standing on their heads if something like this had happened under Obama or Clinton’s admin.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:10 PM

Not that there will ever be a free and fair election again in this country, but I assume they are saying if another party ever holds the House and the Senate, they can impeach and convict Obama, Clinton, Jimmy Carter, whoever just so it’s recorded in history they were impeached and convicted. Doesn’t matter that they are out of office already. Neener neener neener.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:45 PM

If any of those people you listed had ever sent an angry mob of insurrectionists to vandalize our capital and threaten the lives of our elected officials; then sure let’s impeach them. There is no comparing the misdeeds of any recent president to those of trump, and he shouldn’t get off just because time ran out on his admin. He deserves to have the black mark of impeachment associated with his name in history. This isn’t just the dems either, there are plenty of republicans who support impeachment.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:30 PM

Whatever dude. Dems have shown you don't need a real reason to impeach.

"We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. "

You know how you are being lied to? When BLM and Antifa smash and burn buildings, even try to trap police inside and set a building on fire, yet you are told it is a mostly peaceful protest and you are prohibited from calling it a mob or a riot - or you are labeled a racist - even though the burning buildings are visible in the background. Yet the instant the Jan. 6 protesters enter the Capitol, all, ALL, the media outlets immediately call it a mob, a riot, an insurrection. They write misleading statements about the "deadly riot mob" as if they went in there and killed people, rather than one of the "violent riotous mob members," and Air Force veteran, getting shot in neck from behind by a Capitol cop that lost his #### and panicked.

You know how you are being lied to?

Jan 22, 2021, 3:52 PM

Thanks dude, preesh you dropping your knowledge bruh. Trump stood before a rabid group of worshippers, fanned their fanaticism, and ended with this:

“Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. And after this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down—we’re going to walk down. Anyone you want, but I think right here, we’re going to walk down to the Capitol—

“And we’re going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them....

“Because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong....

And that’s exactly what they did marched to the capital and showed their strength; and believed they were freedom fighters in the process because their orange messiah said it was so. If you can’t see Trump’s responsibility in this travesty it’s cause you are blinded by your own political beliefs. Sure, lots of violent people took advantage of the BLM rallies to perpetrate crimes, how does that mitigate in any way what happened on Jan 6 in DC? It doesn’t. The president of the United States encouraged his followers to commit treason; nothing else compares to that.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:32 PM

Jan 23, 2021, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

Liked you post till the last paragraph. It is wrong , misinformed, fake news, opinion, and bs all rolled into one

Jan 22, 2021, 6:52 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

The democrats did incite. And many are caught on tape doing so. They actually called for attacks in conservatives and the acting president. Maxine Waters, Pelosi, Harris, oh and Madonna. Not to mention the many govenors and mayors over the summer. So where is the punishment for them.

To me, there is no difference between our country’s capital and other federal buildings etc. or city streets.

Eliminate the double standard and stop being HIPPOCITES. That goes for everyone in Washington. It is disturbing how childish these people are.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

Tell me what exactly were the words Trump said that sent an angry mob of insurrectionist into the capitol. Please quote what he said, exactly.

Thanks

Jan 22, 2021, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

This is probably pretty close to what King George told our founding fathers. #### shame they disobeyed him, huh? Trump revealed the sleaziness of the federal government and the corruption in the FBI—even a shadow government if you will. He also revealed the politics in the federal judiciary. It’s not about interpreting the law but rather making the law. John Roberts as an example and he is SUPPOSEDLY a conservative(LMAO). Trump was the biggest threat to the ESTABLISHMENT that’s come down the pike. To say he told the crowd to go break into the Capitol is complete BS.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:24 PM

The damage the Bush family has done to the United States can’t be overestimated. Roberts is such a stab in the back. And there were idiots hoping Jeb! would be next. Ugh.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

My entire life I've heard from all walks off life that they hate politicians. Well we get a President that wasn't a politician and look how he was treated. Trump caused both Dems and Pubs a lot of $ and yes I think there was a significant number of Republicans in on this. With high def cameras everywhere you go pulling off a JFK style assassination was impossible so this was the next best thing.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

Our founding father threw off the mantle of being a citizen without representation in parliament. Basically, taxation without representation. We toss out the rule of one man since we did not have a voice.

Those idiots rebelled against our founding fathers!

Sheeople following a sore loser that stormed the Capitol wanted to overthrow the constitution full stop because they did not like the outcome of a freely held election. Trump lost, but his people got cootish because rather than following the constitution and the will of the states, the were egged on by the lies of an loser with an ego. Election wins are simple, they like all wins are earned. Fight like heck and give it your best but if you lose, don't complain how it was "stolen".

Trump WAS the establishment. Same muck in the swamp - just lowered the tide... an everyone knows that it stinks more when the tide is out. He only thing he bucked were the good traditions set forth by Washington, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Adams, Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhour, Reagan etc. Cronyism was his MO. He ballooned the national debt and did little to advance policy direction. Sorry, but governing can't be done in 140 characters or less.

Roberts is the one Justice that I have never had a qualm about his reasoning. He has been the best judicial pick in recent memory. I would toss Breyer, and the retired Souter & Kennedy in the mix as well. Don't agree with all decisions but I 110% agree that his logic is above sound and his assumptions were valid.

Being conservative defines one principles, not the outcomes. It is about truth, logic, and enlightenment - with faithful interpretation of the constitution! It is not conservative if the "result" only matter and darn with the consequences for changing the outcome because we don't like it - THAT is liberal thinking.

Jan 22, 2021, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

[October, 2011]

Protesters gained entrance to the Hart Senate office building's atrium and dropped two banners, one reading "End War Now" and the other "People for the People."

NBC News reports as soon as demonstrators unfurled their signs, Capitol Police placed them under arrest. At least six have been arrested for unlawful conduct - demonstrating. Dozens of other demonstrators ran through the building's upper levels chanting and waving smaller signs.

The offices of Democratic senators Dianne Feinstein and Harry Reid are located inside the Hart building, as well as Republican Marco Rubio.

The political protests rumble into a second week in the nation's capital. The demonstrations, smaller in size than the Occupy Wall Street protest in New York City, have for the most part been restrained and peaceful. On Saturday, one demonstrator was arrested after a group attempted to enter the Smithsonian Air and Space museum. Guards repelled the demonstrators with pepper spray, and the museum shut down early.

[October, 2018]

More than 300 people were taken into custody by police on Capitol Hill after descending on a pair of Senate office buildings Thursday afternoon to protest the confirmation process of Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump's Supreme Court nominee.

The vast majority of the arrests, 293, were a result of protests in the Hart Senate Office Building, where protesters crowded in the atrium. Loud chants could be heard throughout the building, which is structured so the hallways of each floor open up and look out onto the first floor.

Those arrested in Hart were charged with crowding, obstructing or incommoding, according to Capitol Police. Another nine people were arrested on the fourth floor of Dirksen Senate Office Building and charged with unlawful demonstrations.

[June, 2018 ]

An afternoon of protests ended in many arrests in the Hart Senate Office Building on Thursday as a group of mostly female protesters flooded the atrium of the work space to protest President Donald Trump’s immigration policies.

United States Capitol Police charged nearly 575 individuals with “unlawfully demonstrating,” according to a Capitol Police statement Thursday.

(See Photo of Sen. Warren rooting the invaders on...)

[January, 2020]

Demonstrators protesting President Donald Trump and the prospect of war in Iran occupied the Hart Senate Office building Monday. Active protests are prohibited in the Senate office buildings, but demonstrators maintained that they would work within those limitations by not chanting or waving signs, occasionally invoking the ire of Capitol Police but not the handcuffs.

Violence by protesters in the seat of government (these buildings are essentially extensions of the Capitol building), occupying those building, protesting that government, entering the private workspaces of the House and Senate, accosting Congressfolk, none of that is cool. The point it is was always a non-event, a big "meh" over the years, until Trump folks did it at their own "mostly peaceful" protest. The double standard applied is immeasurable. Protesters in Portland, Seattle, etc. have set fire to multiple federal buildings, including courthouses, and the left and media *defended* them. Speaking of treason, do we not remember the CHOP, which seceded from the country and formed its own government, run by a rapper turned veritable warlord?

I'm not saying "It's OK what the Trump folks did because looks what other folks did" What they did was inexcusable, and I hope every single one of the people who broke into the Capitol are prosecuted fully (meanwhile leaving alone the several tens of thousands who had nothing to do with the chaos, despite having been "incited"). I'm saying "It's not ok what they did, but there should not be a double standard, relative to say, BLM protests that burned down cities, murdered a number of cops, injured hundreds of cops, murdered a score of civilians, burned and looted businesses to the tune of $2B or so in damages, with violent riots nightly for weeks. Hollywood actors literally paid the bail of people arrested during those riots. The media gave us the term "mostly peaceful protests" while the were literally standing in front of burning buildings. Liberals donated millions to the cause. Chants like “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon!” and "What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want it? Now." were not uncommon.

Do you even remember this? Barely covered: "Last week, a gunman in Dallas opened fire on police at the end of a Black Lives Matter demonstration, killing five officers and wounding several others. Micah Johnson, the shooter, told a hostage negotiator that he was angry on behalf of Black Lives Matter and “wanted to kill white people, especially police officers.” Johnson’s Facebook page revealed an affinity for black nationalism, and he followed a Facebook group called the “African American Defense League,” which encouraged followers to “ATTACK EVERYTHING IN BLUE EXCEPT THE MAIL MAN” and “sprinkle Pigs Blood.”

And in Castile’s St. Paul, Minn., more than 100 protesters were arrested when protesters used an overpass over Interstate 94 to throw rocks and rebar at police, injuring 21 officers, including one who suffered broken vertebrae when a concrete block was dropped on him from above. When one officer was injured, protesters cheered: “One piggly-wiggly down!”

The Capitol riot involved maybe 400-500 people out of multiple thousands there, involved a few broken windows, and relatively little damage or theft and was over in about 4 hours. And while the Jan 6 protest was only "mostly" peaceful, the media keeps repeating "5 killed". Bear in mind that Capitol police killed one woman, that one Capitol Hill police officer died later from injuries he apparently sustained from the crowd, and that 3 others died from "medical emergencies". My best efforts lead me to understand that 2 of those were heart attacks that seem to have just coincided with the events rather than caused by them; the last one seems (?) to have been injuries due to a fall.

If you're disgusted and angry ONLY at the Capitol riot and not equally so about all of these violent events, or ONLY about the BLM protests and not upset about the Capitol riot, then I don't know what to say.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 1:57 PM

There is a gigantic difference here (and FYI I was an Capitol Hill intern for lobbyist entity in Oct 2011 - so I got to see some of the protest first hand):

The purpose of the "protest in every case" save for the Jan 06 2021 revolt was to "protest" or just an absurdly stupid riots- aka there was no interest or attempt to replace a function of the government.

The purpose of the Jan 6 2021 was to OVERTHROW the government - revoke and reject the constitutions. It is all about 'intent'. There is no reasonable doubt that those that entered and acted against the

Here is the sad thing, if you break into someone's house with a group of friends just to "look around" or even yell at them, and some idiot friend decided to murder someone living there, guess what, the whole party is an accessory to murder.

What happened on Jan 6 wasn't unruly civil disobedience. Basically all those arrested in the 18-20 example basically knew they were going to pay for their actions. Those that participated in treason against congress were intent not to protest, but rather achieve a political goal through violent actions outside the channels outlined in the constitutions.

Here is where our constitutions is GREAT! Our definition of treason is so narrow that even all of the Coot football trophies could not be placed within its definition. Is is designed to prevent a government from using "treason" as a mechanism to silence political opposition. As a result, it is defined as an "action" (not speech, not documents, words or plans, but actual ACTIONS). That the traitor's intent must be evident from their actions.

In this case, it is "levying war". This has specific definitions as well:

To constitute a levying of war, there must be an assemblage for the purpose of effecting by force a treasonable purpose (ie overturning an election). Enlistments of men to serve against government is not sufficient. And that is one big difference from you other examples! Groups of people assembled, rioting, etc is not "treason".

When war is levied, all those who perform any part, however minute or however remote from the scene of action, and who are actually leagued in the general conspiracy, are traitors. Even the guy standing on the steps is just as guilty as the guy who kills a cop. There is no "grey", only black and white.

Any assemblage of men for the purpose of revolutionizing by force the government established by the United States in any of its territories, although as a step to or the means of executing some greater projects, amounts to levying war. The traveling of individuals to the place of rendezvous is not sufficient, but the meeting of particular bodies of men and their marching from places of partial to a place of general rendezvous is such an assemblage as constitutes a levying of war.

The January 6th isn't just an example of treason, it might be the best example of treason outside the civil war.

Ypu are a #####***

Jan 22, 2021, 7:35 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

Traitors are government officials who enslaved the young men of our country in the '60's and early '70's through conscription to be canon fodder for an undeclared war and kill students at Kent State for being offended. This recent "protest" does not rise to that level of atrocity no matter how offensive.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:45 PM

Technically, not treason. Atrocious, abusive, murderous but not treasonous by definition.

That is simple government abuse, but not treason. Treason is extremely specific. You really have to coordinate men to from and march/act against the government to meet the definition of both levying war or "actual assemblage of men for the purpose of executing a treasonable design" and treasonable action. Jan 6th not only reached that threshold but it both dotted the "i" and crossed both "t"s for traitors

Any assemblage of men for the purpose of revolutionizing by force the government established by the United States in any of its territories, although as a step to or the means of executing some greater projects, amounts to levying war.

Even if those misguided individuals thought the election was truly stolen is still a means of "executing some great project" and thus is textbook treason.

It is one thing to guard against government abuse, but this was not government abuse, there was zero action by the government against it citizens to cause the insurrection. Rather, the government was justly executing the will of the people. The government was not overreaching (compared to Kent) but solely acting within its defined rolls.

Libertarians to not believe in anarchy nor are anti-government. We are pro-government just the scope is extremely limited.

Jan 22, 2021, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

So you Democrats consider Republicans to be 'levying war'? No wonder your side called in the military. Your side is the side that tried and succeeded in rigging an election. Who is 'levying war' against whom?

I'm fine with arresting any and everyone who caused damage

Jan 22, 2021, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: So whats the point of impeaching a past President? ]

to the capitol and trespassed without appointment. But we gotta be sane here. Trump didn't tell anyone to do that. That was antifa and a about 25 weak minded Qanon or Trump people who were too stupid to realize they were being set up.

IF you see ANYone at a protest dressed up like a Ninja..they're antifa. Trump supporters usually are wearing camo and look the part. Antifa infiltrates BLM protest and they infiltrated this protest. They're there to incite riots, pose as protesters, and the goal is to cause chaos b/c they hate our country. IT worked. And has worked all year at every protest. We gotta stop being so naive.

But i didn't know people actually believe that Trump incited this. I thought that was all politics and trolling hogwash. Trumps actual words were "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Please stop spreading false narratives. The expired horse has been beaten for far too long.

Yes, they are scared he may run again and win.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:18 AM

That is the SOLE reason they are seeking to impeach him.

Re: Yes, they are scared he may run again and win.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:57 AM

He is already impeached. Impeachment simply means bringing charges against a political figure. The House has already done that. Now he must be tried in the Senate. The Dems want him found guilty of a crime so he cannot run for president in 2024. Impeachment does not mean removing from office only the bringing of charges.

They will need 16 Republican senators to vote guilty on the charges. Any GOP senator who does so knows they can kiss their political careers goodbye as GOP voters will never vote for them again. Romney probably will, but he’s about to change parties anyway.

It’s really a moot point though, because after the Dems pack the Supreme Court, eliminate the filibuster and add Puerto Rico and DC as states along with 4 more Democrat senators we will forever be under one party rule. The Dems have always wanted complete power and now they have it. The GOP will never have control again. God help this country and the persecuted conservatives in it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 12:48 PM

POTD^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 22, 2021, 2:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, they are scared he may run again and win. ]

If the republican senate does NOT find him guilty, this libertarian will never consider them worthy of even being able to read, let alone read the constitution accurately. I think the liberals are a bunch of idiots, but supporting an authoritarian directive in the face worried about re-election make any GOP about as soft as a 80s era democrat.

Trump's actions were not the "lets stick it to the libs" but rather an attack on the founding fathers. A sitting president should NEVER incite an attack on the Capitol. If any senator is that worried about "compiling" power vs upholding the constitution, then they are not fit to serve. Worse, because the insurrectionist met the constitutional definition of "treason" there should be 100-0 vote on this because it is beyond question.

Quite frankly, considering that DC has more folks liking there than Wyoming, they do have a case to have representation.... or at least be free from federal taxes. I would assume the latter due to other definitions of the constitution, but at least worth a consideration for amendment.

The dems are not going to pack the court, that is tinfoil conspiracy stuff there. PR isn't going to join anyway, might as well let it become independent and move on.

his words again...

Jan 22, 2021, 4:22 PM

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Come on, you're smarter than this.

Jan 22, 2021, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, they are scared he may run again and win. ]

Trump did not tell them to attack. Listen to his words.

Mind you while I supported his policies, he left ALLOT to be desired when it came to overall basic leadership of our country.

I did love the he called out the media and the swamp. Honestly we are being deprived of fair and honest reporting in this country.

Our media MUST learn to check their bias at the door when reporting.

Oh, and when did bashing other networks become news??

Jan 22, 2021, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, they are scared he may run again and win. ]

You know Futuredoc, a lot of Germans thought certain things could never, ever happen in their country either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 23, 2021, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, they are scared he may run again and win. ]

Your post was well thought out, articulate, and sincere, but sincerely wrong.

Jan 22, 2021, 11:20 AM

Too satiate hate.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 12:11 PM

Loving and tolerant hate is the best hate.

exclusion from events with other past presidents ....

Jan 22, 2021, 11:21 AM

???

among other vendetta items

null

Jan 22, 2021, 11:25 AM

Because he keeps saying he will run in 2024 and his base scares them. Convict him on his impeachment and he loses his pension and benefits and can’t hold office again.

Chuck Schumer’s explanation

Jan 22, 2021, 11:46 AM

He said today that Trump incited an “erection” at the Capital. Lindsay Graham became excited.

Gives CNN, et al, content

Jan 22, 2021, 11:48 AM

Also, let’s not forget Facebook.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:18 PM

I’m not ?? positive, but if a president gets impeached across the board......think they lose the post presidency benefits that comes with the position. What those are?......not sure, but I’m sure there’s money involved.

I think they just wanna #### away some more money...........

Jan 22, 2021, 12:46 PM

This country must have an endless supply of money because we love to send out more checks to people and do some more investigations. And lets not forget funding the kennedy center and the smithsonian.

Jan 22, 2021, 12:59 PM

It is Unconsitutional! Want to make it impossible for Trump to run in 2024.It will not get2/3 votes needed. The Supreme Court will dismiss it. Well Biden just got his impeachment filed for his corruption!

Jan 22, 2021, 1:57 PM

The Dem are absolutely scared chitless he will run and win the next presidential election, and win. They will lie, cheat, and steal to try and make sure they get it fixed to where Trump can never run for another government office of any kind, ever!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Trump voter, but I'm not a Biden supporter either. I voted for the green team this past election bc I didn't approve of the Dem or Repub candidates.

I'm being honest to my belief, and that is the way the Dem's have wasted a ton of taxpayers money with an attempt to impeach Trump, it is an embarrassment to our country that the politicians that are trusted to run the best country in the world, that they will display so much hate for one of our own only bc Trump wasn't a President willing to kiss their A$$ like the good ole boy system has worked for centuries!!!

My biggest dislike for President Trump was, #1 he should have stay off/away from twitter, and IMPO that wasn't Presidential, #2 if he didn't agree with a member of the people he chose to a job, he got mad and fired them, that isn't Presidential, #3 he hire his kids over trained qualified people that knew policy, and the ends and outs of the white house, that could have helped to lead him in the right direction as a knowledgeable President of our country. #4 All the people that he hired and fired only bc they wasn't being the yes men that he thought they should be.

I have always been a firm believer that if you had never done a certain job before, you should have someone that has done it, and expect them to at least tell/show you the best way, and if you choose to do it differently, take the responsibility for what you done, and don't fire the person that told you the right way, bc they weren't willing to take the fall bc you screwed it up, and President Trump would do just that. No human is perfect, and to be the best that you can possibly be, you have to first admit when you're wrong, and not blame your mistakes on someone else, bc doing so doesn't make you smarter!!!!

This belongs on the Politics & Religion board.***

Jan 22, 2021, 2:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2021, 7:35 PM

Cant impeach a private citizen. Waste of time. But then again, all the federal govt has done for decades is waste time and money.

Pettiness and bitterness.

Jan 22, 2021, 8:17 PM

That’s about it.

Congress and Those They Manage Remain A Failure...

Jan 22, 2021, 9:02 PM

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/after-two-weeks-sleeping-cold-marble-congress-boots-national-guard-local-parking-garages

Jan 22, 2021, 9:26 PM

Trump is done, let him be done.

So he can't be President again, and...

Jan 23, 2021, 2:48 PM

holding him accountable for inciting insurrection against our Democracy.

Jan 23, 2021, 3:26 PM

so no one pays any attention to what they are doing, the "hey look at the shiny light over here" ruse...

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic