Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Skeeta, this one's for you. If I was that pitcher, I would
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,682

Skeeta, this one's for you. If I was that pitcher, I would

Feb 22, 2021, 5:59 PM

be royally p!ssed off. Some people just have to show off, I guess.

"MLB player shoots 69 and loses by 11 strokes to PGA Tour pro who fires a 58.

Published 10 months ago

on May 11, 2020

By Gianni Magliocco

Over the weekend, Chicago Cubs second baseman Ian Happ broke 70 while being witness to a 58 (!) from tour pro Joel Dahmen.

On his social media, Dahmen provided the scorecard from Mesa Country Club, in a round where he played his final 11 holes in an astonishing 12-under-par.

Unsurprisingly, that 58 is now the course record at the Arizona golf club – and according to Dahmen he now currently holds the course record at all of his home clubs."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Skeeta, this one's for you. If I was that pitcher, I would

Feb 22, 2021, 6:44 PM

I bet that 58 is an 85 tomorrow...

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me??? Pizzed @ shooting a 69???

Feb 22, 2021, 10:04 PM

NEVER!!!!!!!

I don’t care what the extenuating circumstances are or how badly I got beaten . . . You let me stumble across a 69 and I’ll be eternally grateful!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me??? Pizzed @ shooting a 69???

Feb 23, 2021, 8:05 AM

You would be right about that part of it. I only ever shot in the 60's once, "unofficially" in my life. Back in the period from 1982-85, I was working in the family business, single, and played some golf EVERY day during the summersafter closing up shop, and ALL DAY on Saturday and Sundays. It was not unusual for my weekend group to play at least 54 holes each day of the weekend, our record was 71 holes, we just flat ran out of daylight and couldn't get that last hole in.

For handicap purposes we always turned in the first 18 hole card we played each day. (If we turned them all in, the handicaps would have shifted so fast, they would never have been able to keep up!) Well, lo and behold, I was a solid 6-8 handicap back then, but on the second 18 that particular day, I shot 37 on the front nine, and made 4 birdies, the rest pars on the back nine for a 69! It was just plain ridiculous luck, I chipped in for a birdie on one par 3 FROM BEHIND A TREE. I never had very many under par rounds, probably around five or so, and that was the best score, by a shot, my one and only foray into the 60's.

But, back to the article. My group back then always played for some coin, and I would have been sorely PO'ed to have shot that 69 and had my wallet dusted by 11 shots! I know this because, a few years later, something similar happened. A "ringer" from Charleston came to play one Sunday with my group at the time, I was warned not to take a bet against him. (I was still shooting consistent high 70's then, but not quite at peak.) With the fearlessness of youth, I took him on, shot 77, AND GOT DUSTED BY, you guessed it, 11 shots, he shot 66. The money wasn't that much, I think I lost $25 to him, but the pride took a huge hit. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took Dahmen 18 holes to shoot a 58???? It only took me

Feb 23, 2021, 7:28 AM

nine holes!!!! Can someone top that????

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MyFO, I use that same line nowadays as well. I tell people

Feb 23, 2021, 8:08 AM

I shoot in the 60's every time out. It's just a question of how much of the back nine is left still to play when I hit that number! :)

Re: Skeeta, this one's for you. If I was that pitcher, I would

Feb 23, 2021, 5:24 PM

On my best day I was one under, I lost 3 golfballs, but found 2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you just gave me the sads, I lost one of my best

Feb 23, 2021, 5:27 PM

golfing buddies to leukemia awhile back. He used to say the same thing for awhile, "I was 4 over today". I knew he had shot about 95 even with creative scoring, so I asked him what drug he was on. He said he had found 4 golf balls and lost none. :(

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,682
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic