Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our current winning percentage this season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Our current winning percentage this season

Feb 25, 2021, 11:14 AM

of 0.737 is our best since the 1989-1990 season. That's over 30 years ago for those keeping track at home.

It is our fourth best overall winning percentage since joining the ACC in the early 1950s.

This is even more impressive when we consider the fact that we've played a strength of schedule ranked in the top 10 this year, and also had to contend with COVID pauses.

Keep it up, Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Proverbs 16:18

4-0 in Feb. for first time since 1990, when we made it to

Feb 25, 2021, 11:18 AM

Sweet 16, Elden Campbell and Dale Davis

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our current winning percentage this season

Feb 25, 2021, 11:20 AM

Great point, Judge! Why didn’t PJ Hall play yesterday? Did you get any details?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m almost positive it was

Feb 25, 2021, 1:04 PM

Covid related. Hopefully we get him back for Miami. Aamir deserves a lot of credit for staying out of foul trouble the entire game.

Hall is expected to be back for our next game.

Feb 25, 2021, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Our current winning percentage this season ]

The reason isn't disciplinary, if that helps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the only good thing about blowout losses,

Feb 25, 2021, 11:35 AM

they still only count as one loss, no matter how many points you got waxed by. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t jinx it, coach!***

Feb 25, 2021, 11:45 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is even less impressive when we consider the fact that

Feb 25, 2021, 9:31 PM

that we had 4 road games cancelled that we most likely would have gone 2-2 at best and probably 1-3 in. So pick and choose your stats as it fits your agenda Judge!

Re: This is even less impressive when we consider the fact that

Feb 25, 2021, 9:35 PM

I probably argue with judge as much as or more than anyone here. I have been critical of brownell especially after the first covid stint. But man come on this team is playing well right now and seem focused on effort and playing the game well. Wake stinks I know but still the effort was there and you could see the team leave it all out on the line.

With that said give me you win loss that leaves us 1-3 over those games. I’m genuinely curious as someone who is a sunshine pumper I don’t see what you see so please tell us.

Well at the point the games were cancelled

Feb 25, 2021, 9:44 PM

we had 1 road league win, by 1 point over a putrid Miami team at the near buzzer. Also, at the point the UNC and Syracuse games were cancelled we hadn’t yet played them and beaten them at home. They are both very solid at home, I assume that we probably would have lost them both, as we know the second of back to back road games which was at Syracuse is very difficult to win. Then I think we may have split at Notre Dame and Pittsburgh. Notre Dame was playing better at that point and that was also before Xavier Johnson had decided to quit on the Pittsburgh team. So the path to Clemson going 1-3 is very easy especially considering their history and the current team’s road performances this year.

Well at the point the games were cancelled

Feb 25, 2021, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Re: This is even less impressive when we consider the fact that ]

we had 1 road league win, by 1 point over a putrid Miami team at the near buzzer. Also, at the point the UNC and Syracuse games were cancelled we hadn’t yet played them and beaten them at home. They are both very solid at home, I assume that we probably would have lost them both, as we know the second of back to back road games which was at Syracuse is very difficult to win. Then I think we may have split at Notre Dame and Pittsburgh. Notre Dame was playing better at that point and that was also before Xavier Johnson had decided to quit on the Pittsburgh team. So the path to Clemson going 1-3 is very easy especially considering their history and the current team’s road performances this year.

Re: Well at the point the games were cancelled

Feb 25, 2021, 9:49 PM

Ok I also had us losing to notre dame but winning out the next 4. Syracuse is not playing well and we had confidence before another pause. We split this and saying Pitt gives us a game is like saying Wake on the road gives us a game. Pitt is just bad with or without a transfer. Anything can happen but we would be favored in that game by Vegas. Not saying it’s a lock but odds say we win. The UNC game was at a different time if I’m not mistaken. I could be wrong so not making a statement of fact but that cancelled game on the road was earlier. UNC was playing like trash early on while we were playing well. Of course it’s speculation but at that time I remember the season I like we would have been favored in that game. I’m saying if the games were played without pause we have a floor of 2-2 but 3-1 would be the Vegas line. Again speculation so that’s my opinion.

I will say as good as we are playing I hope we avoid duke and UNC in the acc bc they are playing well. But in the same breath you have to admit we are playing well too.

You’re the one picking and choosing stats, not me.

Feb 25, 2021, 9:56 PM [ in reply to This is even less impressive when we consider the fact that ]

I included every game we played this year in my post. You, on the other hand, don’t want to acknowledge that we are a very good team, so you created this ridiculous hypothetical performance against teams we didn’t play.

And of course you assumed the worst in your little hypothetical, claiming we would lose 3/4ths of those games even though we are better than all of those teams this year.

It’s ridiculous that you said we would lose 3/4ths of those games, when that is exactly the OPPOSITE of what we have done this year. We’ve won 3/4ths of our games, not lost them.

You aren’t fooling anyone, you aren’t a Clemson basketball fan.

Re: You’re the one picking and choosing stats, not me.

Feb 25, 2021, 10:04 PM

Play the hypothetical game judge... genuinely curious what you think the results would have been given the time during the season the game would have been played.... I gave my answers of beat UNC at home early, lose to ND they were hot, beat BC (cancelled game not brought up), beat Pitt, beat Syracuse on road as they just aren’t that good and we had momentum, and beat Wake which proved to be true. Also think we will beat Miami.

This from someone who doesn’t think the highest of basketball team and so I think that’s a very realistic scenario. I’m curious to hear your thoughts on what could have been.

So in road games in the ACC

Feb 25, 2021, 10:14 PM

Up to the first pause:

12/15 Virginia Tech 66-60 L
01/02 Miami 66-65 W

And then from the first pause to the second pause:

01/20 Georgia Tech 83-65 L
01/23 Florida State 80-61 L
01/30 Duke 79-53 L

So with the results listed above, you’re right, they probably would have gone 4-0 in those games based on their previous results. We’ve always done so good on the road especially this year! We’ll never know, but it’s been VERY BENEFICIAL to the team that their cancellations have all been road games against fairly decent teams.

Re: So in road games in the ACC

Feb 25, 2021, 10:38 PM

You did leave out neutral site games with Miss St, Purdue, and a top 10 Bama which under covid fans are pretty much the same as road games. I’m not saying we win every game we got paused because realistically speaking we probably lose some... but on the flip side we don’t lose them all either. Our road losses so far have been against tough teams and I think wake proved against the bad teams we missed we could have easily won. Reality is this team is very good not great but very good for Clemson should have us all excited. I think we finish strong with 2 wins to close out season and another 1 win in ACC before putting a run together in post season. Hopefully that means sweet 16 but who knows.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic