Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk??

Jan 24, 2021, 9:47 PM

Is there anyone that stands out as an immediate go to guy. We will be competing with Bama for new OC. They lose Sark. Dabo always seems to have a plan but I don't think we have any staff ready to OC.

What about Kendall Briles? He is used to high octane Offense and he would offer an offense that would be appealing to the top QBs in the nation. I liken him to Riley at OK.

The UNC OC Phil Longo seems to have put together a pretty explosive offense. Has a good combo of run and pass. He has some really interesting running plays that are unique but their RBs get good yards and I doubt their OL is better than ours.

How about an outlier and Gus Malzon comes over for a 2-3yr guarantee, he milks Dabo for head coaching knowledge but brings his sole attention to be an OC? He is supposed to be a great offensive mind, maybe he isn't a great college HC, look at Chad.

The other OC i would look at is the OC from Oregon but I forget his name. Just watching a few of their games and he has unique offensive scheme.

Love to hear OC options? Never imagined TE leaving for a Dumpster fire but lots of smoke.

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk??

Jan 24, 2021, 9:55 PM

Can't see Gus fitting in here. I think Streeter could do it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 10:20 PM

Certainly entitled to your opinion. I don't think Gus would fit our culture either. I wouldn't mind someone coming in and doing the co offense thing with streeter.

Not sure why someone would TD this post

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 10:35 PM

Gala, I have some idiot that TDs me every time they see me post. Not sure why but 6mos+, everytime I post I get a TD. Pretty sure it makes them feel super strong and powerful, almost like a Super-Thumb-Down Hero? I can say TLaw will be #1 draft pick, Dabo is the best thing to happen to Clemson football in the 2000's and I still get a TD. It's super annoying but they get their jollies off O guess. I wish TNET would show who TD'd ya, I bet these keyboard mavericks would go into hiding. Watch, probably get another one on this post.

TD'r- you are one immature putz!

Jan 24, 2021, 11:07 PM

I think it's pretty funny that you are so miserable that a TD gives you a thrill. I bet you stand there and eat grapes in Walmart because you want to see if they are good or not! I bet you cheat at Go-Fish with your 4yr old niece because she can shuffle cards better than your basement living troll keyboard kingdom. Get a life!

Jan 24, 2021, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk?? ]

Gala, oh never said Gus would be my choice, i was just throwing out names. Trying to think outside the box as it seems Dabo has done in the past.

I saw where in another article someone was promoting Billy Napier. It was a reporter with the recommendation. Obviously they don't realize that Dabo fired Napier, BN is already an HC, and BN already turned down the Coot job, why in heck would he take an OC job at Clemson and WTH would Dabo be doing to offer BN the job. I never hated BN, but you knew every play before he called it. I wonder about reporters and their articles sometimes.

Jan 25, 2021, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk?? ]

Clemgal, I see that you have been a member here at T-Net since November, 8th 2020, and that may not be enough time to know that there are some that come to T-Net that don't quite understand that every member on T-Net has a right to share their opinion in their own words, and when we do, they will TD us bc our opinions may differ from their own, and they are quick to send us a message that they don't approve of our opinions while hiding behind their computer screens, and they will lash out at us and our opinions with a Thumbs Down. They are self centered, and cowards bc they don't have the nuts to at least ask us how we come to our opinions!!!!

The TD choice was the worst gimmick ever added to posting, and it causes a lot of mad/hurt feelings. I think that the TU was a good thing, and the TD was bad. The report abuse was also a great option, bc it informs the Mods of the ones that are abusing their privilege as a Tiger fan, or as a guest. T-Net was meant to be a place for Tiger fans to have conversations about our Clemson Tiger sports, and Clemson university in a positive public forum. I believe that Crump, and B started up T-Net, so that Tiger fans from all over the world could interact with each other, and to keep Tiger fans up with all the news, and happenings with our Tiger sports on the world wide web of the internet by just logging onto this internet site from any place in the world!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 10:14 PM

That fella at UNC wouldn't be bad I wouldn't think. I've always thought of Mack as being straight up and running a clean good character program.

I didn't realize until today's article on tci that Elliott had hired an agent. If that's the case then I doubt they would have contacted Tony or even formally asked yet... As much as I understand how that goes.

I wonder if someone would be willing to come in and be a co offensive coordinator with streeter. Either way, as long as they're a strong recruiter.

I don't imo think Dabo has a blind eye to our oline woes and I'm sure he'd love to use our TE better as we have in the past. As always, we have some great x and o's posters on here. Would love to hear their opinions. But agree with you, smoke in the air.

Hopefully this is moot for one more year. But it sounds like TE really likes the AD and I think he didn't get that with Auburn.

Jan 24, 2021, 10:18 PM

Not sold that hes ready but ill be surprised if Streeter doesnt get it.

Jan 24, 2021, 10:29 PM

Me either because that's how Dabo rolls. That's why I was hoping maybe a coordinate arrangement. As long as whoever it is can recruit the big boys.

Even though Elliott likes the AD, doesn't sound like the alum is really excited about it. UT is a challenge for a seasoned head coach.

I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position.

Jan 24, 2021, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, tons of TE to TN talk. Replacement talk?? ]

Seriously just became real D1 coach last year for WR. Not to say Dabo didn't have him in the family tree to let him sprout, but I think he has many years to go still. Elliott and Scott both had 10yrs+ in D1 arena before OC titles, and even then Dabo didnt entrust 1 with title and made it a duel role. Streeter wasn't even paid coach a year ago, at least not part of the 10 primary. No doubt Dabo see's potential but I don't see a top 3+ program in the nation going that route. 5-8yrs from now, I could smell it but not yet.

Re: I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position.

Jan 24, 2021, 11:23 PM

Didn't realize that. Was thinking Richmond but not d1. I know who would be on my wish list. Zac Hill at Arizona St. Not sure he'd bite only being there a year... And this covid year to boot. Seems to be a heck of a recruiter though. We'd probably have to give him close to TE salary.

I like brad conelsen? Sp - the coordinator at VA tech. He's really revamped their qbs and passing stats. Been there 4 yrs and Dabo seems to respect fuente as straight up and clean program.

Re: I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position.

Jan 25, 2021, 5:19 AM [ in reply to I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position. ]

Wrong. Streeter has been a full time PAID coach since he joined the staff just before Cole Stoudt lit up Oklahoma. So he just completed his fifth year at Clemson as an on the field full time coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Maybe knowing who & what you are talking about would

Jan 25, 2021, 8:09 AM [ in reply to I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position. ]

help with the # of TD's you get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

100 % agree....not ready***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:46 AM [ in reply to I don't think Streeter is ready for D1 OC position. ]

Jan 24, 2021, 10:26 PM

Gus Malzon's wife is NOT a fit for CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2021, 10:51 PM

Willy Korn was the OC for Coastal and their QB coach.

Think he might be an up and comer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Excuse me? I don't go down to your work and tell you how to flip the burger!"

Why would Elliott accept a job at that $#!7 show ?!?!?!

Jan 25, 2021, 7:59 AM

He's turned down better jobs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 25, 2021, 8:12 AM

If you wanted a good OC and wanted to really PO the coots, hire Duce Staley. He’s not happy in Philly anymore. We could carry him off on our shoulders after the game at Billy Brice a la Brad Scott. Talk about irate chickens.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2021, 9:17 AM

EC is NOT going to Tenn. That is a five alarm dumpster fire over there. The entire athletic department - and alumni are a detriment to building a winning program there. They are worse than SC

Jan 25, 2021, 9:31 AM

You don't seem to have a lot of knowledge or our program or others, but I will help you out a little.

Bama already hired Bill O'Brien so there is no competition for OC with Bama.

Nobody with any self respect hires someone named Briles in college football after the Baylor situation.

UNC's coach is good, but you are wrong about their OL. It was much much better than Clemson's this season.

Oregon had a terrible offense this season even against terrible PAC12 teams. Clemson should stay far far away from anyone connected to the PAC12 at this point.

Streeter has been coaching at Clemson for 6 full seasons now (15-20) and he has prior OC experience at a lower level. I would be shocked beyond belief if Clemson loses Elliott and doesn't put Streeter in the position.

More than likely, we would be in the market for a tight ends coach and not an OC.

Jan 25, 2021, 10:46 AM

See ICA, told you the experts would come through. As always, thanks.

The only one I'd debate you on would be Zan from AZ St. I liked him at Boise, good hire on herms part. They chopping some wood with USC. Kinda yr reminds me of us in 2009... Only thing they lack is any serious history in cfb.

My pick for an up and coming program. I digress. As I said earlier, hopefully a moot point.

But since we're on offense, I loved that TE screen Tampa runs. Also agreed with what Joe buck said, when the D is not letting you get the edge, run straight at em as a counter.

Jan 25, 2021, 7:00 PM

Clemgal, sorry i fed some misinformation. I knew Streeter was the recruiting coordinator for several years, and I knew he helped Cole Stoudt come through on our bowl game with OK. But for some reason I didn't think Streeter was listed as part of primary staff until he passed the recruiting reigns over to Bates and filled Jeff's role with the WR's. Obviously I was mistaken as many have corrected.

The Bama - Bill O'Brien hire just finalized Thurs, so yes I had missed that, dont spend my days online 24/7. That hire actually surprises me with the coaching negativity that has surrounded him since being fired. But you can't ever second guess Saban as he knows how to win.

As far as Streeter, while I like him a lot, I still don't feel like he is ready to take as OC but surely he is being groomed by Dabo, as Dabo always seems to have a plan.

The best option ... All of the TNet pundits.***

Jan 25, 2021, 9:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic