Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't understand how or why blatant pass interference is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,223

I don't understand how or why blatant pass interference is

Jan 24, 2021, 9:35 PM

ignored in the NFL. It's becoming just like holding. DBs consistently grab, pull, hack, hold, and grab the receiver well before the ball gets there, but no flag, no mention of it. In fact, they just showed a slow motion replay of obvious, blatant interference with contact well before the ball got there, and the announcer (Aikman) merely commented how the DB had been great in coverage all night. Why have officials, announcers, and fans just decided to ignore certain rules? Why even have rules? Why slow down the game with every single 5-yard procedure or offsides penalty, but ignore real game changers like constant holding and pass interference?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't understand how or why blatant pass interference is

Jan 24, 2021, 10:17 PM

They called it at the end of the GB game. Sealed the deal for TB.

I like them letting the teams play.

They should just make OL holding legal.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They did call it at the end of the GB game, and it

Jan 24, 2021, 11:25 PM

pissed everybody off because thay had not been calling it (as usual) the whole game. What's wrong with playing within the rules of the game, the way it's supposed to be played? I really don't understand why people are so opposed to that. My point is this ... if refs aren't going to have the balls to do their jobs, then I agree with you, just make holding legal. Allow offensive linemen to tackle defenders. That would really open things up and it would make it a lot easier on refs, just one less thing they'd have to worry about. While we're at it, do away with pass interference and defensive holding as well. Let receivers fight for it, and once again, make it easier on those poor refs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Evidently, it was legal in the Semi against the bucknuts

Jan 25, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't understand how or why blatant pass interference is ]

nm

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And WHEN they decide to call it is costing teams games

Jan 24, 2021, 11:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Potentially, yes. Teams get lulled into thinking they can

Jan 24, 2021, 11:28 PM

get away with it because refs ignore it 90% of the time. Then, when the game is on the line - they may get hammered with it. Or, refs could enforce it properly, by the book, all game long, game in, game out, and players would learn not to do it, and it wouldn't cost them games.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I don't understand how or why blatant pass interference is

Jan 25, 2021, 8:35 AM

Some home plate umpires call balls a bit out of the strike zone strikes. But they do it consistently and the players adjust. The same sort of thing occurs with PI and holding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic