Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna be harder for ESPiN to prop up the SEC this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Gonna be harder for ESPiN to prop up the SEC this year

Aug 6, 2020, 1:40 PM

-No out of conference games to pad W-L...no cupcakes and no opportunities to show up other Power 5's
-25% more conference games than typical years...that's up to 28 more L's to spread around

I think this may be the year that exposes SEC bias once and for all.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna be harder for ESPiN to prop up the SEC this year

Aug 6, 2020, 1:49 PM

The coots aren't going to like this. They actually may have to play Alabama, Auburn, and LSU which is something they have avoided somehow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sadly, the lame tail coots avoided the Clemson Tigers this

Aug 6, 2020, 2:01 PM

year. Gives me another reason to HATE COVID!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

oh man, they are excited about this...

Aug 6, 2020, 1:49 PM

there is nothing to curtail the SEC lovefest this year. Can you imagine how much harder they have it now having to play only SEC opponents?

No Birmingham Tech, Central University of the Deaf and Blind, or Northwestern Southern on the schedule to rest between the SEC slobberknockers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like it will make the SEC parade even worse...

Aug 6, 2020, 1:51 PM

they will say how hard it is and a 7-3 team is basically undefeated in other leagues.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take it to the bank, it will be worse than usual.***

Aug 6, 2020, 1:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

not only will it be billed as the most grueling schedule...

Aug 6, 2020, 2:40 PM

but it will have to be done in the shadow of a menacing pandemic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not only will it be billed as the most grueling schedule...

Aug 6, 2020, 2:45 PM

Thumbs up for fantastic imagery!

defied all odds and only an sec team could pull off such a

Aug 6, 2020, 2:50 PM [ in reply to not only will it be billed as the most grueling schedule... ]

feat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Zachary. I am sure that somewhere along the line, we will

Aug 6, 2020, 6:37 PM

get a "Best team of all time, playing the no doubt toughest schedule of all time" out of Elephant Ears about Bama this year. He is paid too much money for him to say otherwise.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 1:54 PM

In normal seasons, SEC teams can win 3 conference games and still go to a bowl, because they all go at least 3-1 against their non-con patsies.

This year, with no non-con schedule and only 10 games, teams will need 6 Power 5 wins to go bowling.

I predict the SEC will only have 6-7 teams qualify, instead of the normal 11-12. Meanwhile the ACC will probably get 9 because of their extra game.

So it naturally follows that the NCAA will probably reduce the number of qualifying victories from 6 to 5. Just to make it easier for the 10-game conferences.

Aug 6, 2020, 1:57 PM

Bama and Ga gonna actual play in reg season for a change? or has that been ducked again

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't seen the schedules yet, but can't wait

Aug 6, 2020, 2:15 PM

Let's assume that they do play in the regular season, and one of them goes undefeated and the other goes 9-1. That gives 10 SEC teams one loss, and at least 6 teams two losses (if I am doing my math right), and we haven't even considered the losses to be delivered by LSU, Florida and Texas A&M. And what happens if one of these top 10 bell cows falls at home to one of the doormats...that can't happen, can it?

There is some ESPN article that runs during the season (I think it is called the eliminator), that runs each week and lists who is still alive and who is out of the playoff picture. It will be interesting to run a process of elimination simulation once the SEC schedule is revealed.

The talking heads will try to spin this, but the Emperor has no clothes.

SEC schedule.....looks like Bama/UGA still on it...

Aug 6, 2020, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna be harder for ESPiN to prop up the SEC this year ]

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/sec-football-schedule-2020-team-by-team-breakdown-of-home-and-away-games-amid-covid-19-shakeup/amp/

Re: SEC schedule.....looks like Bama/UGA still on it...

Aug 6, 2020, 3:28 PM

Couldn't help but notice that Bama is at Auburn, while Auburn is at Bama. Hmmm.

This I have seen, but it only gives 8 of 10 games***

Aug 6, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to SEC schedule.....looks like Bama/UGA still on it... ]

Aug 6, 2020, 2:14 PM

Voters are hot/cold toward the SEC right now.

Voters showed the love by making 4 of top 8, 6 of top 13 SEC teams.

Then no more. You have to start digging in the leftover drawer to find TN, KY and MS ST. I think LSU and UGA will drop quickly this year, with the Dawgs finishing around #12 and LSU dropping out entirely. Maybe TN can become the second-best team in the East (behind FL).

Aug 6, 2020, 4:05 PM

This just means all SEC teams will tie for having the most difficult schedule.

They are NOT going to let facts get in the way of a good

Aug 6, 2020, 4:50 PM

opinion!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 4:59 PM

So tired of our fan base talking #### about the SEC love fest. Who cares? Remember how sweet it was to destroy Bama? I’m personally thankful that we get to play UNC, Florida State, etc... much better than playing Bama, LSU, Florida every year. Their tough schedules WORK TO OUR BENEFIT. They’ll beat each other up and won’t have anything left by the time we destroy them. I’ll take our schedule over theirs any day and deep down I think everyone on this board would too.

Aug 6, 2020, 9:58 PM

You outdid yourself on this post. No one buys your SEC conference excuses and no one cares about anything other than results on the field.

Now go polish your coot or Ugay troph...... oops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 6, 2020, 10:38 PM

I’m going to assume you’ve been a Clemson fan since... 2016.

Being mad at ESPN propping up the SEC while we’re hamming it up in the ACC would be like Scandinavia getting mad that the US is the media darling of the world, while they’re silently getting free healthcare, tuition, and have way more beautiful women.

Aug 7, 2020, 3:05 AM

You got that backwards, Hoss. If you were a Tiger fan pre-2016, you'd know that was the ACC's glory run.

It has been discussed on this board many times that between roughly 2013-2016 the ACC had more championships, high draft picks and better head-to-head records with the SEC.

This documentable fact was overlooked by ESPN at the time and is certainly forgotten now. But if you profess to be a Clemson fan, you should have lived through it; you'd know it.

However, since 2016, that superiority has reversed and the SEC is now dominant--except vs. Clemson.

Put simply, GA, SC, TN, FL, and Texas A&M all were winning programs that changed out coaches, so they endured a period when they were NOT superior. But the cheerleaders at ESPN never acknowledged those programs were down until after they were back on the rise. (Many ACC programs have now changed out their HCs too, but it seems most of the new guys are having more difficulty establishing depth in the ACC programs.) It's this kind of dishonesty that annoys fans of the game. The SEC's dominance has not been universal nor consistent for 15 years, like they pretend.

As a rule, SEC programs do have significantly more resources than their ACC counterparts, and that's what it takes to win consistently in the age of the CFP. Did anybody really think that a 7-2 Wake Forest team was a real contender last year? No, because their lack of depth is crippling. So I think that some of the SEC superiority over all but Clemson is currently real. But the cheerleaders don't have a history of paying attention to when it ISN'T real.

And again this year, most of the high rankings are based on safe circular reasoning. Do we also benefit slightly from it? Of course. But we'll earn it. UGA and LSU prolly won't.

BTW, i'd encourage you to avoid correcting the board at large until you have earned a little more trust. That pulse of 40% drops fast when you pi$$ off Tiger fans.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic