Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
21 ACC football sch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

21 ACC football sch

Jan 21, 2021, 12:37 PM

Will it be the norm? Are we through with the Swoff regime of kissing ND's big fat golden dome in the futile hope they will join the ACC. Last year letting a nonmember play for the Championship was a bad joke

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 21 ACC football sch

Jan 21, 2021, 1:15 PM

This isn't a popular take, but I'm glad ND was in the ACC for the '20 season.

If they weren't, they would have still been on our schedule because I believe we would have kept that primetime game vs picking up the Citadel.

The date was already set so we still would have played without Trevor and the rest of the absentees.

Without ND's presence in the league for one season, we wouldn't have gotten to remind the country how far they are behind the Tigers when both teams are at full strength.

For that last reason and that reason alone, it was worth it to get to play them twice and have them participate for one season.

Now if you want to look at it another way, no ND in the ACC title game likely would have meant that #3 Clemson faces #2 ND in the semifinal while #1 Bama plays #4 OSU for the chance to play us in the title game.

On second thought..... You are right!

Screw you Swoffie!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 21 ACC football sch

Jan 21, 2021, 3:18 PM

Its sad that our fans cant understand it helps us with both revenue and conference perception to have ND participate.

It's not Notre Dame's "participation" in ACC that irks fans

Jan 21, 2021, 3:36 PM

it's the fact that they get away with "SELECTIVE participation"

When Notre Dame asked the ACC about FOOTBALL participation in 2020 it was the PERFECT opportunity for the ACC to force them to join or AT LEAST get 3-5 years out of them b/c no team worth a crap was playing OOC games this year. Notre Dame had zero leverage and the ACC essentially said "OK Notre Dame we'll bend over and take it, but just this once"

I like that ND was in during 2020. Has their ever been a

Jan 21, 2021, 3:39 PM

bigger ACCCG, #2 vs. #3, than 2020?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic