Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hot take - Final rating of DW4 vs TL16?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 703

Hot take - Final rating of DW4 vs TL16?

Jan 1, 2021, 11:34 PM

I'll take DW4. I think DJU may end up being better than both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Jan 1, 2021, 11:37 PM

Watson benefitted from a fresh set of OCs with a good playbook. I would like to see how Lawrence would do with Mike Williams and a TE pass playbook

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great question. I could go with that take, if I knew two

Jan 1, 2021, 11:41 PM

things:

1. Will he be as good a caller as those two? Both changed a lot of plays at the line. I think I read that DW changed half the plays at the line in his last year. He's a genius.

2. Can he run as well as those two?

But yeah, dang, he can throw it. I'm excited to see it. As I said below, I think the 2021 team will be better than this one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

where’s that feeling coming from?

Jan 1, 2021, 11:47 PM

We have some real gaps to fill and I’ll admit to not being a premiere recruiting junkie, but I don’t see us filling em all with new talent nor a group of underclassmen that feel a bit thin at the moment.

I’m open to positivity though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of those gaps are just youth.

Jan 1, 2021, 11:49 PM

We gonna be better next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A healthy receiver core and if Ross comes back, that

Jan 2, 2021, 12:09 AM

will be a much stronger area.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure, nothing is guaranteed. However, the weaknesses of

Jan 2, 2021, 1:08 AM [ in reply to where’s that feeling coming from? ]

this team were oline and general defensive youth.

Defense: Dabo said he thought this was the most talented D we have ever had. Of course, him saying it doesn't make it true, but he doesn't say stuff like that unless he believes it. And one can look at the freshmen and sophomores at all the positions and see that we have a bunch of young, talented players. And tonight notwithstanding, it was a very good D as is. I think it gets a lot better.

Offense: Receiver will again be a strength, and more stable than this year, I think. Losing Rodgers hurts, but Ross comes back (presumably) and Williams, Ladsen, etc are very good. On oline, its a bit like the defense: Dabo says they are great players waiting to happen, and we all know that oline is the most developmental position on the team, so I think that group will become a strength. QB will take some growth, but no one can assume that will be a weakness. RB, who knows: no, it wont be like the last 5 or 6 years. I wish we had a Harris or Sermon in the group, but we don't, unless one of the young guys is that guy.

I have been a glass-half-empty guy forever. I have thought we looked a little weak and unfocused all year - the only game where I thought we looked like us was the ACCCG - and one guy on this page is calling me a gamecock fan because of it. But I'm going all in on 2021. if we don't go to the Championship game, I will have completely missed it. I really think we'll be that good.

The two national championship teams had an "it" factor you can't predict. Those teams had DW and TL as leaders, and you can't predict or buy that, so I won't say 2021 will be as good a team as those. But we'll be right there in terms of players, I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're wrong on both

Jan 1, 2021, 11:42 PM

DJ can't run to save his life and DW4 threw too many picks.

The qb you are watching now has 1 loss currently.

DW4 never shat the bed. Never.

Jan 1, 2021, 11:43 PM

DJU has a great arm but we’ll see how much we need a running QB next year.

Bad game on both sides of the ball tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I blame this loss more on the defense.

Jan 1, 2021, 11:57 PM

The first clue was the first drive when they couldn't figure out where to line up. All downhill from there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We’ve been blessed Father G***

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be sweet***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I’d take DW4 over any QB I’ve ever seen play at Clemson.

Jan 1, 2021, 11:51 PM

He should have had two national championships.

Re: I’d take DW4 over any QB I’ve ever seen play at Clemson.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:03 AM

And a Heisman. Deshaun was hands down the greatest Clemson QB, and I’m a big fan of Trevor Lawrence.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’d take Trevor by a hair. 3 years, 3 ACC titles, 3 skrate

Jan 2, 2021, 12:07 AM

playoffs, two NC appearances, one title.

DW4 had some bad luck with injuries though his first year.

But, if I had my choice for one game, I’d take Trevor mainly because of his size and his combination of throwing/running is just better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d take Trevor by a hair. 3 years, 3 ACC titles, 3 skrate

Jan 2, 2021, 12:12 AM

Trevor has the talent, Deshaun had the guts and the swag. Did anyone ever have any doubt when DW was taking the snaps? His two minute drill was, and still is, a thing of beauty to watch.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had a control of the game that was unhuman, it seemed.***

Jan 2, 2021, 1:13 AM

Re: Hot take - Final rating of DW4 vs TL16?

Jan 2, 2021, 7:58 AM

Deshaun is a much better college QB. I think we would have had a better chance with Deshaun last night. TL is great too of course, but Deshaun just comes up big in big games.

Replies: 17
| visibility 703
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic