Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest assessment of Trump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 593

Honest assessment of Trump

Jan 3, 2021, 8:14 PM

You have to give Trump credit in a big way for his unbelievable 2016 win. With zero political experience, he correctly realized the forgotten man in America. He realized the working class had not been paid attention to by politicians for decades. Over his entire adult life, he understood the media and how to brand himself and create the Trump brand. He does have a larger than life Personna, and people are attracted to him. It’s not an accident that the apprentice was so successful. I have looked up old interviews with him going back to the 80s, and while you could see the narcissistic personality disorder traits he actually seemed very likable and even somewhat balanced. He also could make fun of himself himself pretty easily which was surprising. He was almost OK playing the role of a semi buffoon. No one can question that Trump is a master showman, and clearly has great political instincts. Those traits are excellent when campaigning. He also is a exceptional political entertainer at rallies.

However, in my opinion his lack of political experience was the start of his downfall. After he was elected he tried to appoint establishment Republicans for key positions. These people had their own agendas and we’re not loyal to him. So he eventually did not trust them, and got rid of them. Compare this to other presidents who had been in politics for years and had political allies that they understood and were very loyal to them.

So I think he became even more paranoid as his presidential term progressed. It didn’t help the media was out to get him at all cost. He just didn’t quite understand Washington, and then his narcissism took over and he surrounded himself with yes-man. He also is one of the most vindictive people in the world, and was determined to retaliate anyone who crosses him even when it wasn’t an important issue.

So in the final analysis, Trump did some good things. He was a wrecking ball going against the establishment, and long long term that’s probably a good thing. But ultimately he’s just a very flawed personality, and I’m very happy he wasn’t reelected. He at this point is a very corrupt dishonest person that cannot be trusted. He’s willing to do anything to preserve himself at the expense of the country.

So maybe it’s OK Trump was president for four years, but Thank God he wasn’t president for eight years. Maybe this will be a shock to the system that will have some positive impact long-term.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honest assessment of Trump

Jan 3, 2021, 8:17 PM

Yea, I’d hate for unemployment to reach zero, have 30% gains on my 401k, stop providing welfare to the world, lower prescription prices, and prolonged energy independence. God that would suck.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

honest and trump

Jan 3, 2021, 8:20 PM

hmm ;)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Jan 3, 2021, 9:53 PM

Trump was the best thing to ever happen to America. He stood up for the little guy, helped minorities and took no crap from the bullies of the world. Had it not been for the Pandemic he would have been re-elected in a landslide, absolutely. He was the wake-up that the country and political elites needed.

Biden has no clue and he will damage America significantly. He's half dead. Anybody that doesn't realize that is in La La Land, as well as in huge DENIAL. Only 24% of Americans wanted Biden to be elected and that was before his gross cognitive deficit became widely known. God help us.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2021, 9:58 PM

I failed to mention that the biggest reason Trump was elected in 2016 was the disastrous eight years of incompetence by Obama and Hillary. Keep in mind that Obama, in 8 years, caused the party to lose 1000 legislative seats nationally. Silver tongue, evil intentions. Came out of the corrupt Chicago political machine--what to hell did we expect. He also worshipped Rev Jeremiah Wright for 20 years.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll give Trump this

Jan 3, 2021, 10:03 PM

after 4 years of his administration, literally everyone got a little bit meaner and nastier as a person, all of us. He brought political norms down to his infantile level and I am afraid we are stuck having taken 1 gigantic leap backward as a culture and a species.

Every single Dead President including James Buchannan has facepalmed themselves from the grave at least a dozen times, he was that bad.

18 days 1 hour 57 minutes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 593
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic