Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Traffik nightmare....the perfect storm
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 201

Traffik nightmare....the perfect storm

Dec 12, 2014, 8:33 AM

Jackknifed semi near Malfunction Junction blocking all inbound lanes at 7:30 in the AM. No worse does it get. Let's say 30,000 people are delayed getting to work for an average of 1 hour.

30,000 work hours lost. You could build several houses with that much labor. Perhaps an extra quart of gas used x 30,000 is 7,500 gallons of gas. I would estimate damages in this wreck to exceed $1.5 to 2.0 million based on damage to the truck and contents, clean up and removal, and tine lost and gas used by 1/3 of the city being delayed getting to work. And I'm not even considering medical costs that may arise from this.

http://www.wistv.com/story/27612762/tractor-trailer-crash-blocking-eastbound-interstate-26

Message was edited by: Tiggity® because he forgot the LINK

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some will makeup their missed manhours. Greenr would

Dec 12, 2014, 8:39 AM

still GTFO at regular time and chalk it up to some terrible truck driver*.

*Hopefully he not deaded.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that one looked pretty bad.

Dec 12, 2014, 8:47 AM

I have seen much worse accidents though....like that wreck when two fuel trucks collided in a tbone crash in the middle of nowhere at an intersection where one guy blew a stop sign. Bewm....big bewm.

Or the boiler that exploded at Intertape Polymer here in Columbia. That was probably the biggest explosion I've investigated. The boiler was about 15 feet tall and 8 feet wide. It was made of 3/4 inch steel. Half of the boiler blew across the parking lot, through another building, crossed shop road, sliced through the guardrail like warm butter, and ended up in the woods a quarter mile away. I'm pretty sure that one registered on the richter scale.

Or was it the fireworks explosion at Melrose Pyrotechnics in Fort Lawn? That one obliterated a building that was in the middle of a 80 acre field. Trees were scorched all around the edges of the field and windows were shattered for nearly a mile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard that explosion!

Dec 12, 2014, 8:57 AM

damage was amazing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

people need to quit Irmoing and get thee to Shandon***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Irmo doesn't have Shandon money...hth***

Dec 12, 2014, 8:58 AM

eh, the money's not that different. they just would rather

Dec 12, 2014, 9:03 AM

have a McMansion on a cul-de-sac than a bungalow on a real street.

This is one area where I think millennial will alter the urban landscape - their American dream doesn't involve commutes and suburbs.

This will always be the perfect storm with traffic

Dec 12, 2014, 8:59 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still don't know why people choose to live there***

Dec 12, 2014, 11:22 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 201
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic