Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
cancel the series?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,944

cancel the series?

Nov 28, 2017, 9:45 AM

Ok, I have tried to my emotions cool down and think about this objectively after what occurred Saturday night. Ladies and Gentlemen a stand must be made by Clemson leadership (President Clements and DRad) that Clemson University will not expose its players, coaches, trainers, etc. again to what occurred Saturday night. Please spare me everybody has the bad fans argument. I agree we all do and yes I am sure some Clemson fans have thrown things but nothing like occurred Saturday night. I have watched sports my whole life and that is something you expect to see out of a crowd in Philly.

You all do realize we are not just talking about water bottles (which when full from that high up can do a lot of damage)there were small liquor bottles wrapped in some of the towels being thrown. Next time you have a minute pick up a full 16-20oz water bottle and throw it against something like a wall and see the force. Our players have on helmets at least, our coaches, support staff, managers, etc. do not. A full water bottle hitting someone in the eye could cause serious injuries. I have heard from some local gamecocks, "it was just plastic bottles, how could they really hurt anyone". Insane.

I have waited to see what SC administration would do and I can't believe I actually thought they would take a stand. It appears they are not going to therefore it is up to Clemson to make a stand. I am a firm believer in first trying to handle things behind closed doors and maybe that is being done but if not Clemson needs to take a stand. I realize we do not need this to be a distraction with all the big stuff on the table and maybe you wait until after the season but it must be addressed.

I am not sure what finally occurred but at least after what occurred at NC State the police tried to identify those throwing things at officials.

As many of you who know your history will recall, this series was suspended from 1902-1909 for a riot that occurred in wake of 1902 game. Please understand in no way to I want that to occur, especially when we are about to crush them for the foreseeable future but a stand must be made. I know no one likes to rock the boat but if we do not stand up for safety of our team what will we stand up for?

Again, I probably totally over reacting but even if you just threatened to cancel the series you highlight the issue, the media gets involved and gives SC some more great publicity. While most would never admit is many will be embarrassed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait till the 5 in a row and then cancel ... let them stew

Nov 28, 2017, 9:47 AM

on that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were throwing C and D batteries onto the field as well.

Nov 28, 2017, 9:49 AM

That’s something that can seriously harm someone. What trash.

Plus, it would allow them to focus on their blossoming

Nov 28, 2017, 9:49 AM

rivalry with the Citadel

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: cancel the series?

Nov 28, 2017, 9:55 AM

The easiest thing is to use high def video technology to arrest and prosecute the offenders. At big bowl games you can zoom in right to your face and tag yourself. Non terrorists think its for fun but the reason for this is security of course. Let them know big brother is watching and then arrest about 20 people and charge them with assault and your curb the bad behavior pretty quickly.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: cancel the series?

Nov 28, 2017, 10:45 AM

This. It IS that simple. I would like their university officials to finish this statement," We are not going to use existing technology and existing personnel already on location to enforce existing laws because..."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

State Law requires we play them.

Nov 28, 2017, 10:02 AM

That's actually incorrect.

Nov 28, 2017, 11:03 AM

In 1952 there was a state law mandating that we played that year, because we were banned from playing another Southern Conference team after playing in the Orange Bowl against Miami.

There is no legislation requiring us to play every year, although it was attempted in 2012 when expansion was going on, the bill didn't pass and both schools commented that legislation was unnecessary and unwanted.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suggest we take it to another level by every Clemson

Nov 28, 2017, 10:14 AM

fan by sending a letter to the Columbia Chamber of Commerce. Something along the lines of we'll never come to another game in Columbia, so therefore our money won't be spent on parking, Ubering, lodging, food, & entertainment. Kinda like the $2 bill effect. Put a dent in their economy & see what happens.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

This can easily be resolved!

Nov 28, 2017, 10:55 AM

All Usuck needs to do is get nicer, more intelligent people to make up their fan base!

On second thought, that wouldn’t work. Nice, intelligent people always pull for Clemson.
Guess we are stuck with what we have.

Play the games in DV.
Play the games in Panther stadium instead of WB

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,944
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic