Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown...

Sep 15, 2016, 11:01 AM

Towards Nuk. Man, quite a bit of vitriol spewed towards a guy who loves Clemson and worked his ### for us. And why? Because he's a black man telling a bunch of white folks they don't understand what it's like to grow up in that environment?

Well, he's right. We don't. I'm a white guy and I don't know what it's like to grow up black in redneck ### Upstate. And yeah, I grew up in the Upstate, so I know how racist it could be. Remember when someone was conducting drive-by eggings on black people in the Clemson area in the late 90s? Yeah.

Look, all he did was disagree with Dabo and say Dabo doesn't understand what it's like. And he's right. We don't know what else he said. He didn't have any hate in those quotes. He just disagreed. But some of y'all lost your minds because, well, I guess you don't like a black man telling white folks what's up.

I agreed with some things Dabo said. I disagree with others (MLK stuff). I kinda wished he had just stuck to football talk. Yeah, I know he was asked the question by a reporter, but "no comment... next question" is pretty easy to say.

Point is, he had some good points and he had some where he doesn't know. A guy like Nuk does. And Nuk was just disagreeing with him. I saw one post earlier where someone accused Nuk of lying about what his principal said. Really? You doubt little redneck teenagers in Pickens County were dropping the N word? Okay.

But some of y'all need to sit down and learn the big picture: So Dabo spoke his mind on something. Nuk disagrees. It's not worth any of us trashing either man for having his opinion on it. They're both two men who love Clemson and have done a lot for the program.

So stop trashing one of our former players for having a simple disagreement with his former coach.

And no, fellow white boys, you don't know what it's like to grow up as a black kid, particularly in the South. None of us do.

Evidence of the silliness:

http://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Hopkins-addresses-Swinneys-comments-anthem-protest-24125?ref=front

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

You're doing exactly what everyone else here is doing ...

Sep 15, 2016, 11:08 AM

clogging up the football board with your opinions.

#letstalkxsandos

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't read it then.***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Nothing you said was original. So what was the point?***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

catahoula I'm disappointed in you. I used

Sep 15, 2016, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Don't read it then.*** ]

To have a lot of respect for you and one thing I do agree on is Dabo should've realized there was no right answer there and replied "no comment." But do you honestly believe racism to at least some degree exists everywhere? But here is the shocker, it exists on BOTH sides. But it's better now than it was back in the '60's and sports have had a lot to do with that. Columbia has racial incidents just like the rest of the state. It's just the way it is but it is getting better.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to disappoint you.

Sep 15, 2016, 12:26 PM

For the record, it's not hard to respect someone and still disagree with them. I still respect Dabo despite disagreeing with some of the stuff he says.

To answer your questions, yes, I believe it exists to some degree everywhere. Some places more than others. And on both sides.

I do, however, believe black Americans have it much worse and that the racial challenges in this nation are far worse for them.

And yes, I agree it has and is getting better. So what are you upset about again?

as are you***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:37 PM [ in reply to You're doing exactly what everyone else here is doing ... ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah... im peed off all those southere Cal fans who turned on OJ too

Sep 15, 2016, 11:12 AM

I mean playing a sport for the school you like should trump everything else.

Every one has a constitutionally given right to an opinion. Every one can also be critized for that opinion. No one is immune.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ah, yes. O.J. and Nuk. Pretty much the same thing.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:13 AM

Slow clap.

I couldnt

Sep 15, 2016, 11:20 AM

See your clapping because your back was turned to me as you were running away from the point.

Playing football for the team you like doesn't make you immune to criticism. It doesn't give you a pass to say whatever you want without rebuttal.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

You're right. It certainly doesn't.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:25 AM

What is SHOULD make you immune to from our fellow fans is the vitriolic way in which it has been said. We can disagree with Nuk without trashing the man.

But your O.J. point is a classic case of choosing the absurd extreme to somehow justify the argument. Just make the argument without comparing the situation to that of a murderer.

Yeah, Dabo has no clue about racism

Sep 15, 2016, 11:15 AM

Signed, white WR's

I know what it is like to grow up white in an all black town

Sep 15, 2016, 11:15 AM

Tons and tons of racism towards me just because I'm white. I didn't just grow up with it. It still goes on right now. More than anyone wants to hear or believe, but I don't blame the American Flag or the entire black race.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black

Sep 15, 2016, 11:20 AM

town. Think of all the opportunities you missed because the black people in your town were keeping you down.

Re: yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black

Sep 15, 2016, 11:27 AM

And when I was young and growing up those #### commie Viet cong and NVA racists were shooting at me. And y'all think you had racists problems because someone called you a name.

People will only keep you down if you let them regardless of

Sep 15, 2016, 11:30 AM [ in reply to yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black ]

race. Racism and prejudice is not just towards any 1 particular race.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black

Sep 15, 2016, 11:54 AM [ in reply to yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black ]

I thought this was a sports forum?

Don't mess with him man, he survived it

Sep 15, 2016, 2:03 PM [ in reply to yes. poor, pitiful you. having to grow up white in a black ]

And apparently he did so without busting a cap on a brother...which is a lot more than a lot of other brothers can say...

Am I adding anything to the conversation? :)

Message was edited by: HuntClub®

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

And that's fine and valid.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:22 AM [ in reply to I know what it is like to grow up white in an all black town ]

Because you experienced it so you know it. I didn't have that experience, so I don't have the authority to speak on it like you do.

See how it works here?

And I don't think Nuk made any direct comments about the flag or protest. It looks like he just disagreed with Dabo.

Fair enough

Sep 15, 2016, 11:31 AM

The majority of us never played football for clemson universit so I guess none of us shold talk about it.

I owe a bunch of coots an apology. I never went to scar so I shouldn't talk about how worthless their degrees are.

Hey, that last point is just common knowledge.***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:35 AM

^^^LOL^^^***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Fair enough ]

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

I said apparently he didn't read or know what Dabo said

Sep 15, 2016, 11:18 AM

People never listen to anything.

Sep 15, 2016, 12:03 PM

They just look for something to validate their own opinion.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown...

Sep 15, 2016, 11:22 AM

Dabo never said he did know what it was like to be black did he?

Maybe I missed that part....

Nuk points to being called a ######....well guess what I spent my middle school years growing up where you did Cat....in Spartanburg, SC....went to Gable Middle School....I'm sure you've heard of it. One of my best friends was jumped by a bunch of black guys for no reason....I can remember multiple times being called a cracker and "the white boy" in the locker room at school.

People like you who act like blacks are the only ones who are victims of racism and have it tough growing up are the problem....

In my experience, blacks are typically much more likely to be racist than whites and they ain't scared to show it buddy....

Sep 15, 2016, 11:27 AM

YOU^ are part of the problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Sep 15, 2016, 11:33 AM

Why because I live in reality?

Anybody who grew up around black guys knows exactly what I'm talking about....

Buddy, I never said...

Sep 15, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown... ]

There weren't racist black people doing racist things to white folks. In elementary school, a group of black boys beat up my best friend in the bathroom because we finally beat them in basketball at recess. It happens.

But I won't for one second think that as a whole black kids didn't have a harder time than white kids growing up in the Upstate. I certainly wouldn't have swapped places with them.

Re: Buddy, I never said...

How do they have it tougher? Please explain instead of just making general statements....

Again, I grew up in the same area you did, had many black friends, and the ONLY racism I seen was by blacks towards whites.

Well said.***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo never claimed to be an expert on the subject

Sep 15, 2016, 11:26 AM

I seemed to remember he repeatedly said...this is just my opinion...

I'd be willing to be that he IS an expert on his opinion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2016, 11:26 AM

Well guess what? I do

I'm a white dude that grew up in the slums of North Charleston, SC and I know what it's like to be called a cracker. I know what it's like to be beat up or picked on because of my skin color. I know what' it's like to be descriminated against because of my skin color. If people think that sh*t is a one way street should be medicated. I don't see sorry for Nuk one d@mn bit. I made the most out of my sh*tty hand and came out ignorant and racist free. Maybe he should dO the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Again, thank you for making my point.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:28 AM

You have an experience that others do not and probably would be irritated if someone who didn't understand tried to speak as if they did.

Re: Again, thank you for making my point.

But how hasn't Dabo?

Living with his mother in college...d@mn near homeless...father and brother who struggled with addiction....where's the line? You can't pick and choose the people who have the right to have an opinion man...doesn't work that way

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Exactly but what you said doesn't fit the pc's agenda.***

Sep 15, 2016, 11:40 AM

For what it's worth... which is not much.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown... ]

This platform isn't about the minority of people who grew up white and got picked on - it's about the majority of a race facing centuries worth of misgivings, racism, ridicule, ridiculous treatment and torture - about not being able to use the same facilities and get treated the exact same way you expect to be treated, whether you're at a job interview, shopping at a store, or getting pulled over by the police.

I don't know what it is like. I am not black. I will never know what it is like. I can only give an empathetic ear. Not a sympathetic one, of which too many try to lend. Let the conversation be on the table, let it be uncomfortable, it should be. It has to change. Period.

I went to Clemson and got pulled over my freshman year by the Clemson's finest... I was with my black friend. They asked where we were from, what we were doing, etc. We both said "We attend Clemson and we are freshman". Apparently, unsatisfied with my black friends response - they again said "Excuse me BOY, are you sure YOU go to Clemson?"

He graduated with a computer science degree.

Tell me how you can relate to that, and facing that your entire life. It makes me sick to my stomach, but I certainly don't know it the way people of color (any color) would and never will proclaim to. The problem is everyone jumping on everyone because of this conversation. It simply shows how far we still have to go and so very few people can actually see that.

Message was edited by: TigerJB3®

"There's something in these hills and I suspect that's what it is - the ability of an institution through the unending dedication and greatness of its people - its administration, its faculty, its staff, its students and alumni - to impart to all it touches a respect, an admiration, an affection that stands firm in disquieting times when things around it give impressions of coming unglued." - Joe Sherman '34

Re: For what it's worth... which is not much.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:51 AM

Here's my rebuttal which is probably equally worthless...

I understand but don't agree. It's culture that's gotten some African Americans in the predicaments of today's society. Why are blacks shooting each at a rate significant higher than whites? Why aren't blacks graduating from high school? Why is the imprisonment rate for blacks at the highest? Not for waking by and being pulled in..why has the single parent rate sky rocketed over 70% since the Civil Rights movement in the 60s-70s? Is America more racists now since then?

As for your friend, that is extremely unfortunate, but it happens less often now than the media wants it to. As for job interviews..:be in my profession where the employer has a certain quota to make by hires and then talk to me about Job discrimination.

Is racism existent? You bet your @$$ it is...Is there a race that is totally oppressed in America today? No there isn't.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:29 AM

Hey lookit. A Cata sighting. Cool. About as rare as seeing a blue ibis, these days.

The Kung-Fu Master arriveth, and will doubtlessly now exit stage left, having said his piece, and having also delivered a fearful pummeling to the deserving.

(quoz takes screen shot)

Well, that was fun. See ya in another year or so. ;)

Haha, hey man

I've been dabbling in P&R some cause I'm a masochist. But I thought I'd come over here and sling some poop for a sec.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:37 AM

They'll never know and to be serious this board proves a discussion that me and many other African Americans have behind closed doors .. whites never see color when we're running the ball or making a basket for their team or school but boy when we disagree or do something that they disagree with their true colors come about and that is not for everyone but to the majority. Now I see why the guy is kneeling this country needs change.

Sep 15, 2016, 11:43 AM

The problem is you don't want to hear the truth and that is that blacks show just as much racism if not more towards whites....

You also don't want to face the fact that the only people continuing to oppress blacks are blacks themselves.

That is reality.....

And before you tell me I don't know what it's like to be black I don't...but I work with kids both black and white on a weekly basis and the difference in maturity and respect for authority is HUGE....THAT is what is holding young black people back....they go home to broken homes and the only role models in their lives are the thugs and drug dealers on the corner.

But continue to blame white America....we'll be having these same discussions 50 years from now.

Talk about tone deaf...do you REALLY think that if CK

Sep 15, 2016, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown... ]

were white man kneeling during the anthem for some cause, that folks wouldn't be coming down on him just as harshly?!?

This is about disrespect, not color.

***warning this is my opinion, it may make some uncomfortable. Find a designated safe space if triggered***

Re: Talk about tone deaf...do you REALLY think that if CK

Sep 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

He is a white man kneeling down during the anthem.

"grow up as a black kid, particularly in the South"

Sep 15, 2016, 11:39 AM

You mean having more opportunities thrown your way? Or using race as a crutch and only preventing yourself from reaching the American dream.

Which one?

There's something in these hills.

Re: Look at how quick some folks' true colors are shown4..

Sep 15, 2016, 11:39 AM

The problem with what Nuk said is that he replied to a totally different subject than what Dabo spoke to. Dabo never said white folks know or understand what black folks feel. He and many of us, don't agree on how, when and where of Kaepernick's protest. But, don't use this to twist what we said and to change the narrative to your agenda and insensitivities. And, this isn't being down on Nuk.

Look at how some folks pull the racism card

Sep 15, 2016, 11:43 AM

after being presented with an opposing view.

Who pulled the racism card?***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:35 PM

The problem with Nuke's comments....

Sep 15, 2016, 11:57 AM

When he says that a white person doesn't get it... he's implying that white people don't know what it's like to be discriminated against. He's unwittingly repeating the same garbage that the mainstream media has been installing in people's brains for decades... that white males have no legitimate suffering relative to everyone else. I know what it's like to be discriminated against. I don't have to be black to know that feeling. I think at this point in history, black people have at least as much privilege as they do negative discrimination.

Why? Black people can say things that other people are not allowed to say. Black people are automatically assumed to have a superior perspective when it comes to discrimination. Black people are given special competitive incentives in many social economic arenas to overcome historic disadvantages.

BLM's biggest gripe is unsubstantiated. More blacks are not being incarcerated because of their race. More blacks are criminals. Black on black crime is now seen as an off-limits topic, simply because it's such a powerful counterpoint to claims of systemic racism leading to black deaths.

The left of this country has, for political purposes, been falling over itself to victimize the crap out of black people and put them on a special, fragile pedestal. The Jews were almost wiped out less than a 100 years ago and their honeymoon barely lasted a couple decades. The only recent mass genocide perpetrated on black people was done by... other black people. Murders of black people are committed overwhelmingly by... other black people. The biggest roadblock to progress for American blacks.... in my opinion... it's not discrimination. It's excuse making, hand-holding and victimization. Every group on Earth has been screwed over at some point. And every time that group has to figure it out and make themselves overcome.

Blacks did a wonderful job of that in the civil rights era. They were being targeting and thoroughly discriminated against and had to rise up to protect themselves. But instead of acknowledging progress, now the american left is witch-hunting for political gain.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drive by EGGINGS?

Sep 15, 2016, 11:58 AM

Sounds like it's a lot safer to grow up in 'redneck ### Upstate' than, say, Chicago, or any other majority black area that doesn't use EGGS in their ####### drive-bys.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2016, 12:06 PM

Yeah it was bad 40 years ago and has gotten much better over the years.
Racism exists now and will always be around to some extent.
But these young black men today have never felt it.
It's just simply not the case anymore and it's time to work hard a live your life in the greatest country in the world.
Instead of making excuses about stuff that is not going on anymore.
In today's USA if you work hard and do the right things , the possibilities are endless.
FOR EVERYONE!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic