Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You People need to get a grip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

You People need to get a grip

Jan 2, 2021, 12:25 AM

In the past 6 years we have won 2 National titles, played for 2 more and have been to the CFP every year. Not to mention 6 ACC championships. It has been an incredible run but sometimes there is a down year.

This year we still made the playoff but tbh we never had the juice all year on D. I appreciate Skalskis passion but he makes Boulware look like a pro bowler.

We lost to a better team and better prepared team. It stings I know but Davis comments aren’t what made us lose the game. It makes us eat more crow but that team tonight was far superior.

Get on with your lives

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re no fun.***

Jan 2, 2021, 12:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You People need to get a grip

Jan 2, 2021, 12:27 AM

I'm already excited about next years youth and talent.

I agree with your comment about

Jan 2, 2021, 12:28 AM

Skalskis but for me that begs the question on why he and the coaches son are the best we have at the most important position on defense as good as we are at recruiting.

Re: I agree with your comment about

Jan 2, 2021, 12:37 AM

Not sure why the Skalski negativity tbh, dude just makes plays and keeps dudes lined up. I would LOVE to see him back. Jones is also good and Simpson will be. Kane Patterson will be really good in time I think. Jake and Tyler Venables, not so much. Jake will he serviceable with time in the weight room likely. But to me, Tyler V, Charleston, and Zanders are Ll serious liabilities. If I may add, we have not had solid DE play since Power Rangers left. Murphy will be good, but mygoodness, at one point Upshaw was out there.. I mean, Cmon. I know we were getting THIN in the game, but what happened to that old three deep we used to have at DE. I also think we need to go back to a 4 man front as a base. In fact, beinghonest, I REALLY HOPE we can land Foreman, we need him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 12:41 AM

You nailed it with the 4 man front. Sending 3 with a bad secondary is a recipe for disaster. All year all BV was cooking up blitzes idk why he was much more cautious this game, but I hope he gets back to 4 man fronts to help with run D and blitzes more in big games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 2, 2021, 12:56 AM

I think he tried several times to blitz and we couldn’t get through.

Jan 2, 2021, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: I agree with your comment about ]

I think he tried several times to blitz and we couldn’t get through.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:00 AM

They aren't always going to come through but after seeing Ohio state wants to go deep or pound the rock what do you have to lose? Also the announcers kept calling it a blitz when Simpson went after the QB or 1 extra LB went after the QB, thats not what I'm talking about. Coach Venables sends 5 to 6 when he's aggressive. The few times he did last night fields looked off kilt and those were the few bad passes he threw. Either way secondary play has to get better next year. This is 2 years in the CFP where the lid was taken off this defense repeatedly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 2, 2021, 12:31 AM

But then they can't get drunk and reveal themselves on this forum for the sad, pathetic, illiterate cyber-bullies (that means "pansies" in real life) they are.

Skalski was fine... Reed's DBs were the problem. I just

Jan 2, 2021, 12:31 AM

want to know who is this "Davis" guy you're speaking about. ;~)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly***

Jan 2, 2021, 12:35 AM

Jan 2, 2021, 12:59 AM

I agree. We are sending prototypical inside LBs to the NFL. Besides BJ Goodson and Isaiah Simmons, do we have any other LBs in the NFL? Is Stephone Anthony still playing?

Think about the guys who we have been dependent on and have anchored some big wins for us:

- Spencer Shuey
- Chad Smith
- Ben Boulware
- James Skalski
- Jake Venables

The LBs are in the pipeline.

Jan 2, 2021, 1:07 AM

We’ll be fine.

~JKB

Replies: 13