Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yobed, here's another to throw on the pile.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Yobed, here's another to throw on the pile.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:17 AM

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1349195548377587713?s=20

For the Clyburn one below, I added a rough quote from him I saw on the Twitter that must have occurred after the linked article that obviously generated some followup questions (the part about rioters looking for him by name). I'll see if I can find it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep me in the wait and see camp......

Jan 13, 2021, 8:23 AM

A bazillion constituents show up in DC, I'm not going to presume that any members of congress thought they were doing anything other than giving tours to them, absent some hard evidence to the contrary.

The logic doesn't exactly line up either, as every person in that chamber seemed to be in a pretty equal amount of danger. It wouldn't make sense to set these people up and then have yourself front and center during the attack.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm also in the wait-and-see camp. As I mentioned last week,

Jan 13, 2021, 8:27 AM

it's a pile of puzzle pieces on the floor right now. We'll see if it looks like anything recognizable when they start getting put together. It may just as easily add up to nothing, but either way, we should get most of the truth in the coming weeks/months.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, and I'm not saying this as an insult to you or anyone

Jan 13, 2021, 8:29 AM

else, but I just don't want to get to the point where I'm cynical enough about the state of our country to easily presume that an actual member of Congress would do this.

To be clear though, if hard evidence were to show that any of them did, I'm ok with the firing squad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well we are at the point where we can assume the President

Jan 13, 2021, 8:33 AM

supports it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would certainly say so.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:39 AM

And if it's proven that he was in on the plan to infiltrate the Capitol put him up for treason too.

Right now I just have him down for irresponsible and inflammatory rhetoric---I have been uncomfortable with his "Be in DC on Jan 6th" comments since he started them. I'm honestly on the fence though, based on current evidence at hand, as to whether he just thought he'd be assembling a big protest that would feed his ego, or whether the Capitol rioters were part of the plan.

Re: I would certainly say so.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:10 AM

O,

I think you have to consider that he did NOT have a plan per se, but just rolled with it and pushed it to get out of hand in the heat of the moment.

Does it HAVE to be pre-meditated to be incitement ??

I honestly don't know.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:14 AM

If I call up a bunch of my buddies and tell them to be in my front yard at 6pm because my neighbors have been stealing paychecks from my mailbox and we are going to fight to get them back, and then when they arrive I say "Ok we're going to go walk over to their house and peacefully protest" but they end up killing the husband and burning down the house, I'm not sure where my liability begins and ends.

These are ones that should be fairly easy to flesh out.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:35 AM [ in reply to Yup, and I'm not saying this as an insult to you or anyone ]

She's on record, and will likely name names. If any of the rioters were in the Capitol prior to last Wednesday (or proxies for them), it'll come out. FBI has their best and brightest on it.

I'd say it's highly probable that out of the 1,000s and

Jan 13, 2021, 9:14 AM

1,000s there during the siege, some were there prior.

But saying that someone toured the Capitol prior (along with thousands of others that tour the building) and saying that a Congressional Rep knew said person was in the tour and their intent are very different.

Also, recall that there are at least two open, outward

Jan 13, 2021, 8:38 AM [ in reply to Yup, and I'm not saying this as an insult to you or anyone ]

supporters of Q Anon in Congress, in addition to chuckleheads like Mo Brooks, shameless opportunists like Hawley, and spineless bags of unprincipled jelly like Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham. .

I give Graham credit enough to say he wouldn't support

Jan 13, 2021, 8:40 AM

a coup. Rather, he would sit back quietly until he figures out which side would win and pledge his allegiance at that time.

Solid plan.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:42 AM

Re: Solid plan.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:44 AM

Jan 13, 2021, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Solid plan. ]

That's giving Graham too much credit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 11:12 AM

I could say a lot of negative things about Lindsey, but he surfs the changing political waves as well as anyone.

Idiots and scumbags abound in Congress.

Jan 13, 2021, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Also, recall that there are at least two open, outward ]

Maybe it makes me naive, but I'm just going to need to see hard proof that they're murderous, if not suicidal idiots and scumbags.

Re: I'm also in the wait-and-see camp. As I mentioned last week,

Jan 13, 2021, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I'm also in the wait-and-see camp. As I mentioned last week, ]

19B,

I have been thinking that the Capitol has to be one of those places with a billion security cameras that should help put together the complete picture. But it also occurs to me that US Reps & Senators might NOT like being photographed while doing the people's "business". I wonder just how many cameras there are - and how many blind spots.

Re: Keep me in the wait and see camp......

Jan 13, 2021, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Keep me in the wait and see camp...... ]

O

Yeah, I have to agree. I am going to have to see some evidence of such.

You know, sometimes I think of our representatives as somehow more measured and reserved than the average person - and I think some of them are (most of the time). But some of them are just emotional and intemperate as the average guy on the street.

And some of them have been frightened in a way (in this last week) that they have never been frightened before. So there have been a number of ill-considered comments from them lately. This one (without further supporting evidence) is one of the more outrageous.

Agree completely,

Jan 13, 2021, 11:10 AM

and while I'm feeling all Kumbaya this morning, allow me to say that I always appreciate the respectful way in which you post. I always try to do similarly but don't always live up to it. Cheers.

Re: Agree completely,

Jan 13, 2021, 11:13 AM

O,

Kumbaya to you to.

Why don’t y’all get a room?***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:15 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

effin mouthy lawyers.......***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:20 AM

Hey, that's my rep.***

Jan 13, 2021, 8:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got Joe Wilson, want to trade?***

Jan 13, 2021, 11:09 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first reaction was that the allegation sounds absurd.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:08 AM

But it would explain why so many of those who breached the Capitol seem shocked that they're receiving repercussions. It does almost appear that they believed they were officially sanctioned in some way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like there would be footage of that.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:19 AM

That would be pretty easy to dissect.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yobed, here's another to throw on the pile.

Jan 13, 2021, 11:22 AM

Here, this is pretty neat.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/capitol-protest-organizer-gosar-brooks-biggs-planning

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic