Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why does everyone call them UNCheat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Why does everyone call them UNCheat

Feb 27, 2018, 12:35 AM

I understand that they were under investigation by the NCAA for a while but the investigation concluded that they didn't break any NCAA rules. They also got unofficially punished for not breaking the rules by having the investigation lingering over their head which hurt recruiting. Obviously behind Clemson, UNC is my next ACC school so I'm wondering where all the hate comes from. All my interactions with them have been positive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Feb 27, 2018, 12:48 AM

...dorable.

null

All my interactions have not been positive.

Feb 27, 2018, 12:57 AM

There basketball ego seems to carry over (somehow) to football at times. Some of their fans even reminded me of NC Stats fans which is terrible...

Guessing you’re pretty young?

Feb 27, 2018, 1:37 AM

Or clueless. Or a troll.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or all three.***

Feb 27, 2018, 7:26 AM

the best part of frozen was the rock trolls***

Feb 27, 2018, 2:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's a lot you don't know***

Feb 27, 2018, 3:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Why does everyone call them UNCheat

Feb 27, 2018, 5:41 AM

I don't.I just call them Tar Holes!

Feb 27, 2018, 6:03 AM

Fake classes

Feb 27, 2018, 7:49 AM

Coot Michael is a fake Clemson fan so he would know.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I’m guessing you are under 18 years old ?***

Feb 27, 2018, 6:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Feb 27, 2018, 6:39 AM

Just google: "largest academic fraud scandal in NCAA history". Unless you're very, very young or grew up in a foreign country you could not have missed this huge cheating case to keep athletes eligible.

Feb 27, 2018, 6:46 AM

This guy may be serious , and I have distinct feeling that it's heartfelt .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Did Swoffy just create a T-Net account?

Feb 27, 2018, 6:50 AM

Guess he’s coming on here to mend bridges while at the same time discover some new inside scoop on these Newspring “offerings.”

We’re on to you, sir.

~JKB

Feb 27, 2018, 7:18 AM

They manufactured grades primarily for athletes for many years (dating back to the end of Dean Smith's tenure). The students didn't have to attend class, take tests, and essays were written for them. This was set up to give student-athletes a diploma so they could get jobs someday. This allowed student-athletes to remain eligible without academic requirements--- they should have been disqualified.
The NCAA threw the case out on technicalities--- they said it was an academic problem, not athletic. The NCAA showed once again that the rules are different for different schools. Reminds me of Auburn getting away with their boosters paying Cam Newton's father $200,000 because Cam didn't know about it!

Leaning head back...

Feb 27, 2018, 7:51 AM

rolling eyes around the room.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You sound like a douchemuffin***

Feb 27, 2018, 8:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Feb 27, 2018, 8:19 AM

You a digging your own grave on here buddy.

Clemson in football, UNCheat in basketball ?

Feb 27, 2018, 8:20 AM

Re: Clemson in football, UNCheat in basketball ?

Feb 27, 2018, 8:22 AM

I know somebody like that. Just pitiful imo.

Feb 27, 2018, 8:23 AM

U say behind Clemson uncheat is your next ACC school. Will you not much of a Tiger fan.

smh

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Bless your heart

Feb 27, 2018, 8:33 AM

You really need to go out more.

This so-called "good" school created fake classes for their "student-athletes". They got because the NCAA did not want to create another penn state situation, which were totally different situations.

Of all the responses, this is always the most devastating.***

Feb 27, 2018, 9:47 AM

You are aware, I trust, that unc admitted they'd

Feb 27, 2018, 8:35 AM

cheated....they even gave the fake courses a name--something like "irregular courses"......

unc fired a long-time president, an athletic director, several department heads who'd been employed at unc for many years, and sent many others scurrying towards early retirement or to other jobs. If I remember correctly, the total number of people affected by unc's decades of "irregular activities" was nearly 20.....but I have no intention of going back and reviewing that mountain of info.

unc spent in excess of $20 million dollars on lawyers and PR firms....and if you want to believe them none of the money came from state coffers.....but, of course, you can believe what you want.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exhibit A

Feb 27, 2018, 9:23 AM

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/list-of-current-former-unc-players-tied-to-convicted-felon-growing/12695738/

Setting up a fake curriculum for athletes isn't cheating?

Feb 27, 2018, 9:32 AM

No classes, no assignments and one half azzed paper a term gets an A? Making a deal to provide a college education to a young person in lieu of them playing sports then not carrying out your end of the bargain isn't cheating?

Did I read in the reports that the fake curriculum wasn't exclusively for athletes and many students participated in the fake curriculum classes? So it's ok to set up fake curriculum and charge kids for the fake classes as long as no one is left out? Then it's a good thing to screw everyone by taking their money for education and then not educating them?

So in your world cheating is OK? It's ok to make a bet then refuse to pay off when you lose? What, you aren't faithful to your wife and that's OK in your book? So good is evil in your world?

I think I might know you, is your name Lucifer?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"...My next ACC school..."

Feb 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

Is a phrase never used by any Clemson fan in any capacity....coot!

56-7

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did that before it became popular..

Feb 27, 2018, 9:45 AM

Why? Because they have cheated for years. I am one of the people who signed the petition by a Maryland student about hanging Lenny Wirtz's jersey in the Dean Dome. Funny how he seemed to always referee Tarheel important games. He won more games for UNCheat than Jordan, Ford, Worthy, Scott, and Perkins combined.

Feb 27, 2018, 11:55 AM

That 12 must mean you graduated in 12 because any old time Clemson fan would NEVER question that UNCheat is protected by the ACC commissioner. They have cheated and bullied the rest of the ACC since the beginning. What their hold on the other NC schools is beyond me. It is PAST time for a new commissioner.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 27, 2018, 2:18 PM

Because what they did was completely wrong, BUT the NCAA wasn't able to technically do anything because they don't have control over academics in the aspect UNC was doing it so the deepest they could go into it was to scare them this time and make an adjustment to rules to be able to punish them or whomever followed next time.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic