Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who was the stonger, more physical team on Saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Who was the stonger, more physical team on Saturday?

Sep 24, 2012, 9:08 AM

I don't think there was much question. In a nutshell, our offense runs on scheme, and our defense gets thrown around like rag dolls. It's difficult to stomach getting physically whipped.

I want to believe otherwise, but I'm concerned. Very concerned. When Dabo stood in front of everyone after the Scar physical debacle and called folks "insane" for questioning our S&C, it was a head-scratcher. Has he been watching our losses?

He's either not paying close attention to our losses, or not watching the best teams in America. Maybe those teams are doing something that goes against his credo of "doing it the right way"? I don't know, but regardless, FSU was stronger and more physical than us. It was sickening.

In my opinion, "it" reared it's ugly head all over again. I honestly don't see how anyone can think differently. Please, anyone, convince me otherwise.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12774481

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want sophomores and freshmen to be as strong as

Sep 24, 2012, 9:11 AM

juniors and seniors, we're going to have to implement a steroids and HGH program too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you'd finally be eligible to join the SEC.***

Sep 24, 2012, 9:12 AM

did you see the pic of Scott Pagano?

Sep 24, 2012, 1:18 PM [ in reply to If you want sophomores and freshmen to be as strong as ]

sheesh.

no one is doubting their offense was more physical than

Sep 24, 2012, 9:15 AM

our defense. They were athletically superior. I don't think the same can be said for their defense vs. our offense. I thought our OL held their own against their front.

BV knows the hand he has been dealt. He had a good gameplan, and put who we had in position to make plays. Bottom line is we were extremely out athleted in those matchups.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

And there's also no doubting they have more talent...

Sep 24, 2012, 9:52 AM

But that's not an excuse for getting physically abused.

It's the same M.O. we've had in all of our losses the last 2 seasons. Do you doubt we'll see it again?

I wish I didn't feel this way, but until I see otherwise...

And by the way, our offense didn't outphysical them in any

Sep 24, 2012, 12:38 PM [ in reply to no one is doubting their offense was more physical than ]

fashion. We moved the ball because of scheme and skill. We averaged 3.6 yards per carry. We were only sacked twice, but Tahj ran for his life the entire night. We could not do anything when it mattered most.

For the hype that Florida St. defense had, our OL did

Sep 24, 2012, 12:42 PM

very well against their front four. I don't think we "out-physicaled" them, but at the same time they didn't do that to us either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who was the stonger, more physical team on Saturday?

Sep 24, 2012, 9:33 AM

I give Dabo more credit than not knowing if we have s&c shortcomings. Batson does not report to the football coach. Dabo was probably saying the "corporate policy" as its pretty obvious someone higher-up is convinced Batson & crew is doing a good job...

Was it Confucius who said,

Sep 24, 2012, 9:58 AM

"The proof is in the pudding"? Whoever it was, it's appropriate here.

Fact is, we've been physically whipped in all of our losses the last 2 seasons. I can stand for getting beat by better teams now and then, but I think it's embarrassing when teams physically dominate us.

To say that it's not a problem is to deny the facts.

My GF mentioned that our D boys looked small vs their O line

Sep 24, 2012, 1:11 PM

and weren't as physical. Geez, even my Girl Friend knows the truth when it's staring her in the face.

GoTiGER!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was it Confucius who said,

Sep 24, 2012, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Was it Confucius who said, ]

I think the physical nature of it might be part of it. But it's also mental.

Nick Saban himself said that games are won and lost in the offseason. The thing is, the coaching staff can only have limitd contact with the players in the offseason.

It's up to the S&C coach to instill a "mean and tough" mentality in the offseason, in addition to the workouts.

The only players I see that mentality in are Bashaud Breeland, Grady Jarrett, Lateek Townsend, and David Beasley. Those guys, in the words of Brian Dawkins, look like they "want to hurt people."

Brewer has shown flashes of that type of play, as has Brandon Thomas. It's just not intense enough some times.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic