Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who Says Us Old Folks Can't Learn as We Age?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Who Says Us Old Folks Can't Learn as We Age?

Jul 9, 2020, 1:42 PM

Before attaining Senior Citizen Status, my wife would send me to the grocery store to pick up 12 to 15 items. She would tell me to write it down or I would forget several items. Heck, I didn't need to write it down, it was easy to remember 12 to 15 items. In fact, when I got home, not only did I have everything she asked me to get, I had a few extra items. Time passed and I learned I could handle 5 to 10 items with no problem. Then a strange thing happened. If I were going to the store for five items, I would come home with five items but none of the items were on the list she asked me to get. I then learned I needed to write the items down. Having a written list created another problem. I had to remember where I put the list when I got to the store. Well, I've now learned that when I go to the store to pick up one item. I need to write it down. In the meantime, my handwriting is so bad I can't read what that one item is. But I have learned that if I pick up 12 to 15 items, the chances of my including that one item on the written list is about 23%.

Did you notice that everything included in this post verifies the fact senior citizens continue to learn as they age.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who Says Us Old Folks Can't Learn as We Age?

Jul 9, 2020, 1:51 PM

I read it, think I learned something, but I forgot what I learned. Should have written it down....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who Says Us Old Folks Can't Learn as We Age?

Jul 9, 2020, 1:51 PM

Joe, I got some drums a couple years ago when my brother passed. so in my mid 60's I decided to learn to play. At first learning and remembering parts and sticking for them was a challenge. Over the last couple years working on this I have found it easier to learn more and more. I'm mostly self and internet taught but it has been fun. I wish I had done it years ago when I could have talked drums with my brother. I thing we learn at different ways depending on age but learning new skills helps us grow. I'm likely never going to play in a band but its nice to know I cold help out on a song if I wanted. BTW I'm just trying to keep up w guys like you who are my inspiration

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic