Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
WOW! I just fired up my football game simulators that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

WOW! I just fired up my football game simulators that

Oct 21, 2020, 9:40 AM

use advanced analytics and patented algorithms to see what Ohio State would do this year. Turns out, the simulations came back with a regular season record of 3-5. Their only wins will be against Nebraska, Rutgers and Maryland.

Folks, keep in mind these are the same exact football game simulators that correctly predicted that Clemson would be undefeated at this time of the season, so they have yet to be wrong. Also, when I perform these simulations, the computer actually runs each game through 26,384,001 different scenarios to come up with an individual game score, and each game is simulated 50,000,000 times, resulting in an average score that is deadly accurate.

This will certainly be a fun season to watch the fighting nut necklaces have their emotional meltdowns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: WOW! I just fired up my football game simulators that

Oct 21, 2020, 9:44 AM

Just curious as I'm an algorithm man myself, but how did you account for OSU losing so many players to COVID that causes them to lose to all of those terrible BIG10 teams.

That must be the reason for the 5 losses instead of the 2 that I am finding.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, we are running these simulations with Ohio State

Oct 21, 2020, 9:53 AM

at full strength. I have pulled statistics from every major college program and they have gone at full strength all year so far. I don't anticipate any major issues here, especially since the bulk of Ohio State's season will be played after the presidential election.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So you're the guy that bought Big Blue...?***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this Atari or Commodore?***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:50 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this Atari or Commodore?***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:54 AM

Tandy TRS-80

Prolly a hijacked version of Pong.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Is this Atari or Commodore?*** ]

Or the first version of a video game that I ever played at the Clemson Keypunch computer center, a version of Star Trek. Beware Romulin Cloaking Devices when going into a new quadrant.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Played a game I believe was named "Star Wars" in Spring '68

Oct 21, 2020, 11:32 AM

on an opened cased homemade 'tube' computer in a friend's basement... Cassette tape drive, converted word processor keyboard, and a 13' b/w TV monitor... She and I were the first to win the game.

I was in the 6th grade at the time. The man who built it told me if I ever wanted to get into computers, let him know.

There's ONE I missed on....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Played a game I believe was named "Star Wars" in Spring '68

Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 AM

Other than that, how did things go in your "friend"'s basement ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was 10 at the time... but then there was later.***

Oct 21, 2020, 12:16 PM

You are an idiot if you think Ohio State is...

Oct 21, 2020, 9:53 AM

beating Nebraska.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It has nothing to do with what I think, it has to do with

Oct 21, 2020, 9:54 AM

what the computers tell me to think.

Re: I can see it now........

Oct 21, 2020, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

LOL!

Oct 21, 2020, 10:10 AM

My computer is way bigger that that tiny thing.

I suspect that is WAY too normal looking to be a twue

Oct 21, 2020, 10:23 AM [ in reply to Re: I can see it now........ ]

representation. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What OS are you using on your raspberry pi to run your simulator?

Oct 21, 2020, 10:40 AM

Pie4 is supposed to support 64 bit but ubuntu LTS operating systems run like poo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Where did it have Clemson?***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Undefeated. We've already covered this.***

Oct 21, 2020, 10:51 AM

Mine had clemson winning NC but losing to Syracuse.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:04 AM

I put Spiers in at QB during that simulation just for funszies.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I doubt your algorithm is as sophisticated as mine.

Oct 21, 2020, 10:50 AM

I already simulated the entire season and know who the national champion is, Clemson. It will be between Clemson and Alabama, a 2 loss 2 Georgia Team, and BYU.

Prove my algorithm wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your equation is wrong

Oct 21, 2020, 10:54 AM

Looks like you accidentally included an extra "x" in there. It's like you hired a dumb 3-year old to write this.

these are fighting words,

Oct 21, 2020, 11:08 AM

I've devoted 23 years of my life to this formula

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

About 50 more years and you'll be a little closer to perfect***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:11 AM

My story above... 52 years ago.***

Oct 21, 2020, 11:34 AM

Re: I doubt your algorithm is as sophisticated as mine.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I doubt your algorithm is as sophisticated as mine. ]

That looks more like the game winning plan that the COOTS used to beat Auburn last week>

Re: I doubt your algorithm is as sophisticated as mine.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:31 PM [ in reply to I doubt your algorithm is as sophisticated as mine. ]

I did see a mistake, kinda in the middle of the page!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never-before-seen photo of GWP's state-of-the-art computer..

Oct 21, 2020, 11:36 AM

Re: Never-before-seen photo of GWP's state-of-the-art computer..

Oct 21, 2020, 5:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic