Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I swear, some of y'all get spoiled so easily
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I swear, some of y'all get spoiled so easily

May 12, 2017, 9:26 PM

Let's be frank here for a second; Clemson is not yet an elite baseball team. No, that's not an overreaction to recent events. It's just the truth. Very good? Absolutely. Elite? Not yet.

I said when Lee was hired, with all of the excitement around it, that expectations should be tempered. Just look for improvement year one, maybe a host spot year two or three, and then going forward you can expect to consistently be in Omaha. These were still Jack Leggett players and a Jack Leggett program, and Lee would need time to build the program in his image much like Dabo has done with football.

The problem is Lee has exceeded expectations in years one and two, and with that, a lot of y'all believe that we should never lose a series and that we're a top 3 team. We aren't there yet. We have some glaring flaws. Lee is working hard on the recruiting trail to get there, but that takes time. We WILL get to that level eventually, I truly believe that.

For now, just enjoy the fact that this team is far exceeding what they should be under Monte Lee, and take solace in knowing that a couple of years down the line we are going to be a dominating program.

And stop acting so da*ned spoiled.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I swear, some of y'all get spoiled so easily

May 12, 2017, 9:30 PM

Amen!

"best is standard", clearly you're not

May 12, 2017, 9:33 PM

"All in"

Found juan. ^^^***

May 12, 2017, 9:48 PM

Applauding and accepting mediocrity is

May 12, 2017, 9:53 PM

the new American way right?

Mediocrity? You serious?

May 12, 2017, 10:01 PM

We went 32-29 in the last year of Leggett, getting sent home from the tournament very quickly.

We went from that to 44-20 last year with an ACC Title, and 37-13 so far this year with a 40 win regular season likely happening. We are very good with Lee now, but we still have work to do in a couple of areas. But instead of just enjoying that we're crushing expectations while building to something way better, you guys want to freak out because we dropped a series to a top 5 team and lost a game today to a team that has 6 losses this year.

Dabo didn't do it over night. We had multiple years with the Tajh teams where we were very good, beat who were were supposed to beat, but were not quite there yet to knock off some of the elites like FSU. That was the foundation to what was a national championship.

Monte Lee basically turned a very mediocre baseball team into a very good, not great team over night. I'm not seeing what's mediocre here. I'm just seeing us lay a foundation for the future.

who freaked out?

May 12, 2017, 10:12 PM

Not sure a couple comments can be called freaking out. (Maybe you aren't referring to me; in that case nevemrind)

And as far as the competitive teams go in the acc we are pretty mediocre

It was a broad statement, yes.

May 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

Also, we're the third best team in the conference. If you want to compare us to 39-9 UNC or 44-6 Louisville, then sure, we're mediocre. We aren't at that level, yet. That takes time.

There's a difference applauding mediocrity and accepting rea

May 12, 2017, 10:07 PM [ in reply to Applauding and accepting mediocrity is ]

reality.

But I'm sure you the richest, smartest, most perfect physical specimen in the world that would never be considered mediocre at any any measurable category right?

That's what I thought.

Re: Applauding and accepting mediocrity is

May 13, 2017, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Applauding and accepting mediocrity is ]

We are nowhere near a " mediocre " baseball team .

You can't expect to beat top 5 teams consistently , but we are pretty good .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

PREACH BROTHA!!!!!!***

May 12, 2017, 9:51 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What?!? We're not suppose to sweep the #2 team in the country?!?

May 12, 2017, 10:19 PM

HOW DARE YOU!!!

~JKB

nailed it***

May 13, 2017, 12:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 13, 2017, 12:11 PM

I haven't been following baseball that much this year but I'm gonna agree with you. During football season it was a lot of entitled brats on here, for what? I have no idea..

May 13, 2017, 12:43 PM

Fully agree with OP!

Some of these posters got the mentality that just because we got a good team means we shouldn't be human against other squads.

We are having a dadgum good year compared to the last years of Leggett. We are in a much better place and the best is yet to come!

Hell, let's make as much noise as possible in both the tourney's this year (ACC & NCAA) to let them other boys know...Get your licks in now....CUZ CLEMSON COMIN'!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic