Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Random deep route pass on 1st down...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Random deep route pass on 1st down...

Oct 6, 2020, 11:58 AM

I would like to see us use the element of surprise in our play calling on occasion.

What say you?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Random deep route pass on 1st down...

Oct 6, 2020, 12:07 PM

I don't think we have such a thing in our vanilla playbook.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em u6c coot

Oct 6, 2020, 12:25 PM

u6c

Re: Tell 'em u6c coot

Oct 6, 2020, 12:30 PM

You wouldn't know a coot if one bit your a$$, Scuzbag.

Tell 'em u6c coot

Oct 6, 2020, 12:41 PM

HOw long was it before Tee went over the top in Willie Brice

Oct 7, 2020, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Tell 'em u6c coot ]

last year?

We may have it in our

Oct 6, 2020, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Random deep route pass on 1st down... ]

strawberry or chocolate playbook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 6, 2020, 12:19 PM

Tigernet in 2019: "Stop throwing deep every 1st down and then running up the middle on 2nd down. We get 3rd and 8 every series."

Tigernet in 2020: "I wish we would throw it deep on first down sometimes to keep people guessing on defense."

Not a slight to you, just an observation.

Link to any of these posts from last year complaining about

Oct 6, 2020, 12:23 PM

going deep early? I sure don't remember them

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Link to any of these posts from last year complaining about

Oct 6, 2020, 12:27 PM

I don't have any links but there were unending posts early in the year when we weren't clicking complaining about us only throwing 50/50 balls and never using the middle of the field and never letting ETN get us ahead of the chains.

Re: Link to any of these posts from last year complaining about

Oct 6, 2020, 12:51 PM

TigersO said:

I don't have any links but there were unending posts early in the year when we weren't clicking complaining about us only throwing 50/50 balls and never using the middle of the field and never letting ETN get us ahead of the chains.

I don't have links either but I do recall some of those complaints. Especially because ESPN and everyone else was being hyper critical of Clemson because Trevor had some early season INT's and such. So, all the play calling was questioned. And yes, I remember it how you did as well!
Maybe not from anyone logged on today. But, there was a bunch of it. I was on here saying - the team just needs to gel.

Just like I will tell everyone now - Clemson is averaging 42.3 ppg. We have the best DC in the business. Sounds like a winning combination - especially early in the season.

Chad Morris yes wanted no less than 2 deep shots per qtr. His philosophy was it would keep the defense honest and safeties out the box. I like it too; but as stated it is a lower percentage play! Next thing you know you are in 2nd and 10 and your "likely to run which is predictable". This predictable play likely puts you in 3rd and long. We were good on 3rd down Saturday; but have had our struggles on 3rd and more than 6 in the past. Most offenses do.
I don't disagree completely though. Just use it at non-predictable times!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So there were a lot of them, but you don't have a single

Oct 6, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Link to any of these posts from last year complaining about ]

one as an example?

Do you catalog every post on TigerNet?***

Oct 6, 2020, 1:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't have to, I know how to use the search feature***

Oct 6, 2020, 5:04 PM

Re: Don't have to, I know how to use the search feature***

Oct 6, 2020, 5:15 PM

Then go use it...

Why would I use it to prove HIS point Einstein?***

Oct 7, 2020, 2:28 PM

Re: Don't have to, I know how to use the search feature***

Oct 7, 2020, 2:32 PM [ in reply to Don't have to, I know how to use the search feature*** ]

You want to see them, you find them. You don't want to believe him, don't believe him. Instead you just continue to be a jerk.

I am as God made me, you don't like it, blame the

Oct 7, 2020, 4:22 PM

manufacturer

Re: I am as God made me, you don't like it, blame the

Oct 7, 2020, 4:52 PM

What a weak take on life.

I always go deep early....***

Oct 7, 2020, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Link to any of these posts from last year complaining about ]

Oct 6, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Random deep route pass on 1st down... ]

None of us can even remember the last time the Tigers lost on a Saturday and that tells me the coaches are doing something right. Saturday’s game will likely be very different in regards to play calling because of the weather.

Oct 6, 2020, 12:45 PM

Maybe not, but that's probably because of how much bourbon I drank at TTT after the Pittsburgh game in 2016

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 12:26 PM

That was a Chad Morris play that always lacked the element of surprise. Anytime there was a chunk yardage for a first down, the next play was the bomb. The next play was almost always, 2nd and 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 6, 2020, 12:49 PM

Its called taking a shot down field. Those plays have to be set up after say a 6-8 play drive where we ran the ball 80% of those plays get a first down and then bam. Otherwise its a low percentage play and not really worth the chance when playing ahead.

I don't see the deep threat

Oct 6, 2020, 12:56 PM

Ajou, Ngata, and Ladson seem almost MIA in this offense. I don't blame those guys I think we have been figured out in our play calling and have been slow to add wrinkles. Were underachieving in the passing game. UCF runs a better offense with lesser talent. Steal and incorporate what you see working elsewhere.

Re: I don't see the deep threat

Oct 6, 2020, 12:59 PM

Wow - the offense that is averaging 42.3 ppg is underachieving?

Okay!

Oct 6, 2020, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I don't see the deep threat ]

Your "MIA guys" include:

Ajou, who by all accounts won't see the field this year unless it's a blowout because he is just learning how to play football. Shocker that he didn't show up in a tight game.

Ngata, who had 3 catches for 48 yards in our first game blowout and then hasn't played but 10 plays since because of injury. Shocker that he didn't show up big while hurt.

Ladson, who is nearing 200 yards in 3 games and has 2 TDs and making catches at 20 yards per. Not sure how you missed this.

UCF sure had a strong offensive performance against Tulsa last week didn't they?

Oct 6, 2020, 1:38 PM [ in reply to I don't see the deep threat ]

A perennial playoff team with a top-tier, top scoring offense every single year needs to steal from UCF?

Where do you people come from...still complaining when we win a conference game by 3 scores, including big games from BOTH of our Heisman candidates, and we're ranked #1 in the country.

Oct 6, 2020, 5:07 PM

A perennial playoff team with a top-tier, top scoring offense every single year needs to steal from UCF?

Where do you people come from...still complaining when we win a conference game by 3 scores, including big games from BOTH of our Heisman candidates, and we're ranked #1 in the country.

That's it right there.
I mean, I am with you on that 100%. It's like: "what else do you want"?

Clemson has risen to prominence because as the season goes on Clemson gets better and better! Some teams come out hot then fade! I think many people have a bad case of: "the wandering eye"!
In other words, looking at what everybody else is doing too hard! But, seems to me had LSU not had the absolute "PERFECT SCENARIO" happen for them: veteran 6th yr QB, hot OC with next gen passing concept, a bevy of talented WR's and TE and RB and an okay defense - that Clemson could have easily be sitting here with a thirty three game winning streak! So, why are people so quick to want change "AT CLEMSON"? Fair question right?

It doesn't make sense especially because we are averaging 42.3 ppg. We have B. Venables as DC. And we have recruited well! What else do people want? Seems like Georgia? Florida? Oklahoma? Ohio State? whoever get brought up or rather "thought about" when comparing Clemson's team need to be saying that to those squads!
I would rather you not - let them keep doing that same old same old.

Yes

Oct 7, 2020, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't see the deep threat ]

We aren't coming open. I'm holding my breath every time they throw the football. Tony is out of ideas IMO.

Re: Yes

Oct 7, 2020, 11:31 AM

What are you talking about? TL is completing 73.3% of his passes, 11.3 YPA. Of QBs with at least 75 attempts, those stats rank 2nd and 1st in the country respectively. Tough to do that if nobody is open.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic